Price of Plex - Market intervention Required from CCP

Unfortunately that’s like expecting a gamer to learn physics from the EVE forums. I occasionally float the statement “EVE models submarines more accurately than it does spaceships” which is true, but only people who already knew that understand it /sigh.

The equivalent for Economics is something like “Skill at earning or spending money doesn’t carry over to skill in Economics”.

EVE players aren’t generally stupid. Regarding the game itself, EVE players tend to be delusional and in denial about the nature of the game. And their social skills are generally lacking too. But they’re mostly old enough to have sat through some basic Economics lectures in school, and smart enough to understand them.

The problem we see is that they didn’t pay attention to even the simplest things, but they’re convinced they understand even more than they were taught /lol.

Eveconomist is almost certainly (98%) the real thing. Years study at University (which he/she understood :slight_smile: at least, quite likely (75%) a professional.

Why would they bother with people with a bad case of
Dunning–Kruger effect - Wikipedia
It’s boring talking to people with that condition.

It’s a shame, because Eveconomist was feeding some very interesting information and insight into this forum. For example, just the analysis of SP as a kind of currency was very useful - but he/she also included a professional followup: a realistic assessment of the behavior that would be expected given that the analysis is correct.

But not one person among all the supposed EVE experts here provided any data from SP farming to test against the analysis and prediction. An excellent opportunity lost to delusion, denial, ignorance, and arrogance /sigh.

Of course there’s a lesson in EVE newbie retention there too: some new players leave because of the quality of existing players. I wouldn’t be surprised if some leave because of these forums alone. And it’s not the stupid ones with their “can I have your stuff” and “carebear” nonsense. Every game has its stupid people, and they all say that /lol.
The list of irredeemable characteristics that Eveconomist’s presence highlighted is another matter. A lot of gamers won’t play an MMO with too many people of that caliber.

“The ignorant assert, the experts doubt, the wise reflect.” - Aristotle

These are real-life things that these players of space games simply do not understand and that’s why they’re just foot soldiers in big coalitions :relaxed:

Or you know, nothing will change because being an alliance leader of 50 doesn’t give you power. And the out of game org charts will also say so. And those leaders will also probably just be one of fifty alts as well. Which… again means what you think won’t happen.

Ok so don’t change anything and keep things like this, you are right. Everything is fine like it is now.

I think you are right, there is a too good business behind all of this, nothing will change even if the csm part of a big alliance was ban recently because he used his power of csm concil to make illicit stuff for his alliance and alliance’s mate. Don’t split the power, keep it in the hand of few. And best part, keep following your master like sheeps, don’t think by yourself and no critic. Everything is fine and everything will be ok.

Giving power to poeple make them become crazy most of the time, if you have plenty of little chief, it is ok, with an equal chance in number, but poeple try desperetly to… I don’t know, win ? Can we win in this game ? I don’t think so. And actually few poeple got “power” in this game, so imagine how crazy they can become … Poeple like you feed them, I don’t know if you realize. If nobody follow the mittani or someone else anymore, well, he doesn’t have power anymore.

My hart :heart: ballance between : a foedal time and an old communist country without any liberty. This is how you see this game.

plex is falling already

Yep but to rise again ? Who knows ? I hope not

He can’t read a book our journal article?

:roll_eyes:

Maybe you should check yourself in terms of being toxic and doing the very things you whine incessantly about.

1 Like

Sorry. I know one should never underestimate stupidity of others… :zipper_mouth_face:

Next time i will say “everyone except LSG”.

The majority of this thread is posts from people who are denying the law of supply and demand, and choose to believe that the PLEX market is independent of the PLEX4cash buyers, who are actually its most important participants.

Asking CCP to change this is begging. They want CCP to manipulate EVE’s internal market to their benefit - more accounts playing via ISK->PLEX. And hence to the disadvantage of a group of players who are spending a reasonable amount of RL cash with CCP.

So not only are they proud of treating everyone else poorly (directly, or via botting), but the minute the game gets mildly inconvenient for them they want concessions from CCP.

It’s a good thing EVE isn’t supposed to be fair, or some of these contrary players might stab themselves in the back by accident.

1 Like

The price of PLEX is not the problem…the crash of the ore/mineral market is the problem. PLEX prices are just a casualty of that…

EDIT
Just looked and for March the value of all destroyed ships was 37.5T but the value of was was mined was 60.2T

If that is correct, it’s easy to see where the “rich” are putting their ISK.

1 Like

I wonder if there would be more activity if you could pay like 100 plex for a couple of days only? like over weekends and such?

Possibly, but also possible there would be less activity, as people would cherrypick a couple times to Omega per month, Alpha the rest. Also, potentially abuseable (people have raised the issue of ‘cyno alts’ in the past).

Pretty sure CCP already made a statement somewhere that Omega in under 30-days amounts would not be sold as a regular item. Of course, they’ve said a lot of things over the years…

1 Like

ah ye, i was thinking from my pov y’know, i wouldnt mind playing over the weekend but i dont want to spend 500 plex to do it; still, 100 plex for 3 days for a cyno toon is a bit much, do you really think people would do that?
I suppose though there are always those that want to use and abuse anything and everything they can.

pity really.

Jesus ■■■■■■■ christ … spell it correctly, just once!

2 Likes

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Maybe CCP should start sell:

• ISK for RM in webshop and
  • PLEX in game for a fixed ISK price, they decide and balance the price, depends on EVE actual economy status
  • Omega time for RM too as till now

How about you?

When they’re at it they should also start selling golden ammo for RL $$$ in the Pearl Abyssal cash shop. :stuck_out_tongue:

I predicted this over 2 years ago.

CCP directly intended to manipulate the price of Plex when they turned 1 Plex into 500.
I said back then Plex would soon sky rocket to well over 2b, 4m for each “neueplex”
Theyre trying to punish and kill off alpha players who pay for the game by actually playing it. The alpha program was the only reason I made a new account after quitting a decade ago during apocrypha. It was nice for a while but CCP keeps moving the goal post and artificially rising Plex prices making if too much work/not fun to play that way anymore so the old players like me who came back just end up quiting again as I did and the few people I know who came back and was contacted by.

The funny part is when I predicted this price increase, with 100% accuracy mind you. I was accused by boot lickers of not knowing what I was talking about. Not having statistics, and not having graphs to back up what I was saying. Experience wins out always and all I have to say is:

I told you so, I was right, ya’ll were wrong. Neener neener, neener… Neener neener.

If CCP was thinking they would have made a cap on the plex prices to prevent them from surging, like a fed raising interest rates. Making it impossible for Plex to go beyond x cost, or at the very minimum preventing the price from raising x percent over x period of time.

But they were just out to increase plex sales and inflate Plex so they manipulated the market and here we are with 2b+ plexs, costing more than a stock carrier or dread just to be able to access your skills you already learned and be able to play the game to grind more money to pay for the increasing Plex price. A self defeating task.
I log in every few weeks and check messages/markets and when I see plexs pushing 4.2m ea I just laugh and logout.
CCP is and always has been it’s own worst enemy at player retention and pushing people away. Instead of being a valuable player in null losing and destroying the occasional ships and playing in some baffles and adding taking away from the economy. I’m just sitting on what I have and my character is stagnant and the game population is down 1 more person. That’s bad for business ccp.

(Sorry @Gonzalez_Alvajero I didn’t intend to direct this at you, I seemed to hit reply to you instead of the thread by mistake. I still can’t figure out how to use this awful new forum. It’s why I stopped posting here too.)

2 Likes

You are actually totally wrong here. The form of PLEX is irrelevant so you can stop patting yourself on the back for that.

If CCP was to be accused of manipulation it would be to to the massive fleet mining buffs (Rorqual) that have created so much wealth that the only place to put it for people is in PLEX.