Price of Plex - Market intervention Required from CCP

The best evidence to suggest some regulation would not go amiss.

and solid evidence the market is certainly not ‘fluid’ and most definitely manipulated.

This looks like someone made a simple (yet expensive) mistake when plugging in their numbers. I don’t see how, in any possible way, this is “solid evidence” of “market manipulation.”

PLEX price is effecting player numbers. The time is Thurs. 16:00 EvE time and there are only 22.7k players online, far below where it should be.

I think some of the problem is that players that want to multi box won’t go from 6 accounts down to 1 or 2, they just leave. I do not multi box, but I have gone from 16 Omega accounts down to 2, the rest are mothballed until PLEX becomes more reasonable. I used the extra accounts for fun things that hardly made any isk, but was willing to eat the extra PLEX cost while it was at a lower price.

I am satisfied with only 2 accounts and can easily PLEX those, however I know some miners for example, that no longer feel running 3-8 accounts is a worthwhile proposition and as a result have stopped playing completely.

Players do not have the right to PLEX, but I do not see how anyone can argue that higher PLEX prices is not having a negative impact on PCU numbers.

Where are you getting that PLEX price is actually causing this and not the fact that it’s during the work day when most of USTZ is off to work?

*looks at Scoots suspiciously*

2 Likes

O sorry, that was a specific reply to that dude and he knows exactly and precisely what is going on, I should have formatted differently and used @ tag so its ok if it flies right over you, no harm no foul.

We dont need more alts we need real players the fact higher plex cost is kicking off multiboxers is good.
As we covered already being able to PLEX 1-2 accounts is quite easy currently and will continue to be affordable for players who dedicate some of their time to gather the necesary isk.
I have no problem with 10k PCU if its next to no alts it’ll open up the game to alot of cooperation between individuals instead of 1 guy and his 5-10 alts doing that 1 thing

1 Like

Players or accounts ? Because there is a huge difference you know. Have you ever tried fighting an AFK multiboxed VNI or gank multiboxed AFK miner ? its so pathetic it is just ■■■■■■■ sad. Rats in ■■■■■■■ missions at least shoot at you and whatnot, these don’t. So good riddance. Not to mention these things act and behave like bots and do just as much damage if not even moreso to the game economy as the bots, again, good riddance.

2 Likes

I agree. There are people out there who leave games because of multiboxers. The boxers should not be able to hold a game hostage simply because of their money. That’s ■■■■■■ up, so ■■■■ them.

Rather 5 real capsuleers than twenty fake capsuleers who do nothing but farming anyway.

which is why id say making active income (ratting/missions etc) should be the only real way to make isk; but should at some level be far more risky than i dunno, ratting in a super; which is only risky if your not watching intel channels.
4 to 8 rorquals sitting under a goon titan umbrella i do not consider risky, or really tbvh, active content.

I do not think people leaving the game entirely however is a good thing.

Alos im speaking higher end not really farmable, tough, anoms/mission levels and what not…

as an example carrier burner anomalies.

CCP’s handling of the alt situation, in general, is that every capsuleer is considered a valid, individual entity, aka a person of its own. Of course alts get banned alongside mains, but bans are out-of-game, so that’s fair.

I don’t follow. You’d rather have CCP remove every other way of players getting money?
Nah you’re probably not intending on writing that.

And yeah, well, they’re having it too safe.

Hey, that’s a totally stupid question now, but …

Have you tried figuring out why CCP is doing what they’re doing?

1 Like

I am quite sure CCP would not agree.

Personally I am in business to make money. I don’t give a rats ass if I have 1000 single customers or 200 customers that buy 5 products each. As long as they keep buying my product and keeping money in my pocket, that’s all that matters.

However, it is much easier to get 10 customer to buy five products each then it is to get 50 separate customers to buy 1 product each.

The bottom line is whether you like it or not, alts are good for CCP’s bottom line, especially while it tries to figure out how to attract more players. Alts keep the lights on and that’s what matters.

no no id rather that if there was going to be a way of making 200million isk an hour or more you have to be there putting your fingers on the buttons; not more or less afk with little risk of losing anything.

For example, though burner missions are kind of easy once you know what your doing; if you mess up a little bit your ship can explode. Though they are very linear in the approach you can take and therefore somewhat farmable - but you cant do multiple burner missions at the same time on 8 different accounts like you can with anomaly ratting or mining.

i think that covers it.

I imagie theyre trying to make money, like a business should; im not sure i agree with the way they do it sometimes.

Whilst this is true, its also true that this gives certain entities distinct advantages, then you multiply it as everyone wants to join them because ‘greed’ so whilst it may be good for the short term; i dont think so much for the long term?

£17 is 2 hours work + a few minutes at minimum wage if you’re over 25. Whether or not it’s a lot is subjective, I spend more than that on coffee every week.

My name is Jonah, and I am a caffieneoholic.

3 Likes

in your country maybe…

I see no point in talking about how the game should be,
when so many people don’t even know how the game is.

Why it is the way it is.
How it really works underneath, on a social level.
The social mechanics actually driving this game.
Why it works that way.
Why some things are good, despite looking bad.
Why some things are bad, despite looking good.

So many people have so many fundamentals wrong! Not just about the game, but about logic in general, about how to converse with others, about how to bring a point across and how to react to negative reactions to these points.

@Jonah_Gravenstein

WOW, IT’S CORRECT! :smiley:

3 Likes

Would you mind taking the time to explain to us “how the game is”?