I agree! Pirates should be sent to prison when defeated. But only if pirates are able to capture and enslave victims until rescued or escape.
Prison should be about 30 minutes but no more then an hour 30. It should only happen if they go to highsec and get caught by concord. Then they should transfer you to a lowsec prison.
Usually in EVE there are consequences for actions. Nothing prevents you from doing something, but you have to live with the consequences afterwards.
I have not thought this through in any way, but maybe gankers could be just confined to a station for a certain period of time after a gank…maybe 3-7 days.
This doesn’t make ganks undoable, but it would maybe reduce the amount of them. Maybe the gankers just increase their account numbers to counter it - which would bring FC more money.
This has been a mechanic for years in Black Desert. When you “go red” and enter any city, the guards arrest you and you are sent to prison. There are 2 or 3 ways to get out of prison, You can mine ore and pay off your crimes. This option takes about 10 minutes, if you have the buffs on you.
Another options are a prison break, which can be done in 2 ways. Stealth is near next to impossible. While the guards have a visible field of vision on the floor, it is very difficult to avoid being detected.
The best option takes about 5 minutes – assuming you know the map – mini map is disabled. You must speed run to the exit taking as little damage as possible from their pursuit. At the exit, you talk to a NPC and get released.
Once free from prison, your karma points get balanced and you are free to go kill people again. That is how it works, and trust me, we love getting in trouble, going red, and sent to prison.
Have fun!
how about any punishments, you’re forced to do the PVE missions damsel in distress ![]()
Don’t you just buy a Damsel off the market for that one and turn it in?
@Princess_Rose_Ivory I remember Lineage2 reds could not enter the city and botters / cheaters were put to die infinitely by city guards.
So basically they made redemption easier, because in L2 you lose XP when you die and reds also drop gear (which is soooo expensive)…
While everybody was buying adena, being blue and avoiding PK was a thing, hunting PKs was also a thing.
Way better than CONCORD if you ask me.
No prison can hold me. Aargh!
Here is a good video about the prison break.
When I first started playing BDO, we would kill or get killed by other players. Player killing gave us bad karma and going red on karma gets you arrested.
Even though we now have PvP and PvE servers, people in BDO still train horses on set paths through the cities to avoid getting player killed. This makes the cities congested with a lot of horse and wagon traffic. All you really need to do, is set up a nice ride through the countryside on loop, and go to bed. As long as you are not on one of the PvP servers you won’t end up dead. However I did get stuck on a bunny once, which I wrote up in a ticket. Horse meets bunny on trail, horse wins – but not in BDO – avoid rabbit trails.
I think a prison would be a nice addition to this game. However it should be more than just a time out or relocation mechanic. If the developers ever make a prison, it should have several options to make it fun for all players.
Have fun!
I’m 99% sure it’s not going to happen. But just to keep the thread rolling, I see one way to exit the prison without serve time.
JAILBREAK! Your bros need to kill the guards and extract you. For this exercise let’s say the prison is in some low-sec space with nothing but the prison accessed by an acceleration gate that needs a key you can by in pirate LP store, so no concordo nastiness.
That would be da bomb.
Only if there is also a 3-7 day imprisonment for the sheer negligence and willful disregard for crew life involved in flying a badly fitted ship through Uedama.
Adapted saying from that board game ![]()
“You jumped directly to jail! You do not go to Jita. You do not collect any isk for your cargo or ship.”
I dunno if you undock your yacht in Jita flashing a fat bank roll I feel like if someone takes that from you, you plain and simply got…got. I added extenders instead of tank and my criminally fit ship got popped like the prize bearing pinata it is then really they are at fault. You really can’t get mad at space pirates doing space pirate stuff, its easy to point fingers but sometimes we gotta look at ourselves and say I didn’t even fly my frigate through udema before throwing 40bill through the gate.
I do think jail time for mining without a proper permit is in order though, luckily I can sell a few of them I got a few that work for a few months for 200mill and a really good one that lasts a year for a billion isk.