Private Station Scam Attempt - How it works, how to avoid it

It did help but lol it was a bit to late for me, the same guy using the same trick and i fall for it sadly, But hey, you live and learn right ?!

But thanks for sharing coz it is helpful for others to know these scams, i just hope new players read eve forums, coz surely i didn’t when i first started, only till my mate showed me this Discussion coz he knew this happened to me and i was confused to how he pulled it on me, Coz everything seemed legit, but now its all clear how he did it.

Thanks again Pal.

1 Like

hahahaha, this was the first scam I fell for in my 4ish year EvE career. He contacted me when I was at my weakest… drunk… and I didn’t bother looking into whether the station was in commission. I planned on using them on an alt and was surprised when I couldn’t find them. I contacted the guy and told them “touche”, but they didn’t bother telling me how it worked. Needless to say, trading is now a strictly sober activity. Fortunately, the week before, I picked up a Avatar and resold it for 30b profit, so my will to play wasn’t too hurt. Thanks for the story and clarification @Fred_Bloggs!

1 Like

That should have been your clue to delete the message and block the sender.

End of story.

1 Like

Kipp Towers is a degenerate Jita scammer. He is constantly advertising skill injectors. A good rule of thumb is to immediately ignore everyone in Jita and Amarr, and ignore everyone who contacts you looking to sell anything.

1 Like

the correct rule is to add 1M charging for contacting you in the first place.

1 Like

Everyone knows that sometimes real life dictates its own priorities. Its happened to me more than twice since EVE exists. In these cases, you can’t worry about virtual assets.

If Kipp Towers put that much effort into his station scam, I would go so far as to say that he would put the same effort into botting and RMT as well.

What kind of argument is that?

I don’t know the guy, but accusing him of breaking the EULA on the basis that the scams (which are legal in EVE) he pulls off are complex, does not make any logical sense.

1 Like

I don’t know, that’s pretty good logic as always from Dryson. I mean, if someone puts a lot of thought and effort into a legal activity, they obviously put as much effort into illegal activities. What other inference could you possibly draw🙄

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.