Mod Delete

Canceled going to create a website for it instead of basing it on eve forums.

1 Like

used to sell my super trade went successfully

1 Like

2 Likes

I don’t get it, what value does your service provide? Anonymous third party brokering? Could the seller and buyer not just use alts to advertise their transactions and conduct them as well?

Just sounds like a scam to take from both parties when you decide to keep both the ISK and the assets for yourself.

Scamming not being prohibited from the forums and the odd coincidence of someone logging on minutes after you post with a year old alt to comply in your advertisement even though they were probably someone’s alt who never posted on the forums regularly either…just sounds fishy but also a useless and highly risky service to offer as you describe it.

If you were offering real brokering services all you need to do is connect buyers and sellers and accept a fee as compensation, not actually conduct the trades yourself. Forcing both parties to trust you won’t steal from them on an alt less than a year old.

Sounds like more spam in Jita local. Plenty of fish in that ocean to catch as well I suppose. Can’t blame you for trying in these days with all that hypernet spam to compete with.

Good luck.

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Great Questions and accusations!

There is currently no way to transfer anchored structures without the buyer taking risk. I would receive the isk for the citidal as the transfer is going to party B. Many supers and titans cannot dock in stations and the pilot has to eject from their super/titan in order be traded. There are many instances where a direct trade cannot work. Hence the third party. The guy below me from the other post stole my idea, as we know each other. He has never had any previous experience as I know. Just see’s the potential for liquidity gain, but I want to replenish an old business. We both complained about the same problem and wanted to start an opportunity for everyone to use. I already do it for my alliance, why not do it more outside?

Ah, I understand better now. What more valuable targets than structures, supers and titans?

Maybe you should advertise on your 2008 clone instead of a fresh clone, it will make you seem more legit to the gullible individuals.

The risk still exists, just now you are asking both sides to trust someone they don’t know who has no other interest in the transaction than to generate income for themselves. I guess the upside is if one of them is scamming the other they won’t bother using your service because they already know it was going to be a scam anyways.

Maybe that can be your slogan. “They wouldn’t trust me if they planned on scamming you, now you both must trust not to get scammed” Either way, instead of asking only one side to trust the other you depend on both sides being trusting enough to let a complete stranger handle both the trade and all ISK/Assets involved.

I mean, they would have to be quite trusting to do that in the first place. Certainly nobody trying to scam someone else would bother to employ your services.

Well those are the structures that are hardiest to do b/c of the logistical reasons. I am not on a fresh clone this account is from 2010. Other post I have no responsibility for as that is his business. I am a neutral third party that will be used for trades that involved high risk. Nobody is forcing anyone to use my services. Otherwise, thank you for your time.

True, it just looks a bit too coincidental he was also browsing the forums and decides to hit up your post with a reply minutes later despite you having no involvement in them doing that as you claim. Maybe if you claimed having asked them too it would have sounded more legit.

I am also very trustworthy. I’ve never done any third party trading in game for players before but I would be willing to try. Been around for a few years, got plenty of wealth and no real interest in keeping structures or ships that I would be bothered to try and move and sell if I kept them for myself. I’d even provide a discount for a chance to see what it is like to do all of that.

It makes sense doing it for your own alliance but please explain how you could conduct trades in space of ships in other players’ alliances and space?

I am very interested in understanding how that would work. Maybe I want to get into third party trading high risk assets in the future. Could be lots of profit in it for simply handing something off from one person to another. I want to understand where the one time static fee applies in all the logistics that could be involved in different trades.

Also for everyone else who would be interested to understand better the value in such services. Do you move the ships around as needed? Do you insure the trades with collateral due to unexpected problems?

Please tell us all more. I am very interested, maybe I could pass the word on and find you some customers. Maybe we could work together and one of us take the isk and the other the items in question, cut the risk in half.

These are all very wonderful questions. Feel free to talk to me in my public channel when you are have a chance. I can discuss this in more detail.

Yeah man, what a coincidence. FatalPassage has managed to accrue a whopping 16minutes of total read time, but just so happens to stumble on your post right after you made it. If he isn’t an alt, I’d sh1t myself in surprise.

How, is their transaction secure? Because you say so? Right… people would burn a toons reputation even before skill extractors became a thing. And now with skill extractors, scammers and thieves can even ditch their reputations for a price.

Sigh, even if you did mange to get some credible endorsements, that still won’t make you trustworthy. And that’s because a con man would be trying to do the exact same thing. He would try to perform small trades in order to build up his reputation, and only cut and run at the moment he held a sufficiently large amount of isk/assets.

1 Like

Great point!

He performed a trade before and I messaged him afterward (I made the post).

Trading is inherently a verbal trade agreement and it requires trust. Just like how Cribba had to build a reputation, I will have to do the same! Small steps one at a time.

Meh. I wish I quoted your original post. Regardless, I prefer that an ISD not delete this thread so that potential customers can see that others brought up legitimate concerns about the “safety” of using this service.

Anyway, bro, you might be legit. I mean, I would like to be able to make money off of my reputation and very little work. But the simple fact of the matter is that there is no way to distinguish you from a con man other that waiting to see if you eventually cut and run on day where you’re holding a particularly sizeable amount of isk and assets.

Closed at polite request of OP.

1 Like