… has anybody given any thought to playing the slave trade at its own game and buying the enslaved Minmatar free?
I realise that most people will reject this out of hand, and believe me, I’d rather fly my ship into a supernova than give money to the Amarr, but at least if we consider it, we can’t say that we’ve left any avenue unexplored in our quest for freedom.
The basic plan goes something like this:
- ISK are worthy millions in planetary currency - 1 ISK is enough to get set up comfortably for life planet-side
- Slaves aren’t exactly expensive; for 1 ISK, you could probably buy hundreds, if not thousands, of slaves
- Planetary population of 10 billion, assume half of those are slaves - 5 billion slaves per planet, 100 head per ISK, you could buy an entire planet of slaves for 50 million ISK
- I don’t know the exact cost of a Titan, but as far as I was aware it was upwards of 250 billion ISK. Given the number of systems, number of inhabited planets in each one, you could buy and set free every slave in every system in all of New Eden for the cost of two or three Titans.
Of course, carrot and stick works a lot better than just a carrot, so here’s Plan B if the Amarr refuse to play ball:
- A habitable planet has a radius somewhere in the area of 6000km - 7000km
- A smartbomb has a blast radius of 10km
- Smartbombs have a cycle time of 10 seconds, and one ship can fit a maximum of 8 smartbombs
- 1,000,000 smartbombs is enough to glass an entire planet
- A fleet of 200 ships, each with 8 smartbombs and cycling them once every 10 seconds, can destroy the surface of an entire planet in a couple of hours
- Systems don’t have any defences, so it’s possible to waltz a fleet of 200 ships directly up to the Amarr homeworld and wipe out their entire government, church and aristocracy before anybody can stop you
Most people are probably going to want to go with Plan B straight away, but then you get people whining about friendly fire and collateral damage.