Project "Alexandria"

//The original OORP thread can be found here: [YC 122 NECWC Open for replies] Project "Alexandria"

PROJECT “ALEXANDRIA”

From years many ideologies could revolutionize and improve the lifestyle and the welfare of the entire human race; but they failed to establish due to multiple factors, like fear, ignorance or misunderstanding of those same ideologies. Even today, different thoughts that discriminate other ones continue to generate separations, wars, hate and isolationism. This brings to prevent the rise of many other ideologies that could end the long cycle of the hate that the humanity brings from the dawn of his time. It’s time to contribute for the freedom of thought and expression of EVERY existent ideology to spread information, knowledge and clarifications, without any disinformation anymore!

We introduce, for the intergalactic community, the “Alexandria” project!

The earthologists said that many millennia ago, an incredibly great library in that mythological planet “Earth” existed. It was the Library of Alexandria, the biggest one of the world at that age, like the currently University of Caille, the biggest university of the entire New Eden. Independently from the fact if this was true or not, it would be a good idea making it a reality. The main goal of this project is creating a landmark for all what the humanity has to offer in terms of culture, traditions and thoughts! It will be a point where all of them can be introducted, questioned and opened to be known by the people of New Eden.

The location is still undecided. This being is still looking for collaborators and consensus to start the project. For now, this library could start to be localized online or within University of Caille areas, in Gallente space. Once there’s enough consensus and support for the project, a corporation (or an Alliance) will have the responsibility to decide the space localization of a citadel which will host the entire library (A library with the dimensions of a base). It’s suggested the creation of a corporation who will amministrate/maintain only that structure. The defense of this last (Besides the local authorities and the corporations and alliances who agreed at this project) will be indirectly entrusted to the people of New Eden, those people who want to build a better future, a future where everyone can be heard without any censorship of any authority.

The structure will have everything what a person would like to consult: Books, Databases, Reports, Datacores, Arts, Projects, Skillbooks, Historical ones of all mentioned above and it can come from any place or country: Amarr, Caldari, Gallente, Minmatar, Khanid, Ammatar, Interbus, SoE, Jove, Thukker, Sansha, SCT, CONCORD, Mordu, Intaki, ORE… It will be a point for any scientist or historians that can have everything they want for their studies. Students are welcomed too. If new content has been spotted around EVE, the library will have to obtain that too, taking a copy or agreeing to take the original one.

The library can be considered a Freeport. The corporation that will manage this wonder at his final stage will take ALWAYS a neutral position against every conflict that occurs in New Eden. In case of war declaration against this one, all the existing governents are called to protect this citadel since it’s considered a symbol of the entire human identity and his destruction would mean the loss of our origin unique human identity and the identification of the responsible as a denier of the general knowledge and consequently a very dangerous entity to take care about it.

Finally, despite this initiative can be considered a Gallentian initiative, the library must be easily accessible by everyone. His location, once decided, should be easily reachable by any of, at least, the 4 main factions. Not deeply in Gallente space, nor deeply in other government territories. This structure mustn’t be affiliated by any political entity. Consider that a gift from the Gallente… no… from the humanity, for the humanity!

The actual project is still in pending and in discussion. Contribute with your considerations!

5 Likes

As much as I would love to support such a project, I unfortunately also see a very big concern in regards to what we are capable of with the right information.

That said, I’ll be looking to see how things progress before deciding if or how any contributions I could make would take place.

The right information doesn’t exist. The witness does it.

Fascinating how this project seeks to unite the four empires through wit and information. May I suggest starting the project in Yulai? I would like to know more of this star system called “Earth” as it is nowhere mentioned during my study of the scriptures.

1 Like

I believe this is the same system alluded to as the “possible” shared origin of humans and certain flora and fauna in our cluster. Especially based on genetic analysis. I understand the academic consensus to be out on this issue and that this name is used to refer to the “idea” of a single origin point.

I’ve yet to hear/read anything conclusive supporting its existence as an actual place.

Some theories like genetic convergence would argue it couldn’t possible exist and our genetics are similar because life would not survive without the traits that got us here.

Regardless, I suspect that’s why you’ve not read of it in scripture.

1 Like

You can start your project when you want. Report useful data, information, testimonial you can take. Then, in the future, we will see where to place the final project. For now this being is collecting everything useful from (and storaging it) University of Caille databases and libraries…

Maybe are you not aware of Alain Topher and his work. If not, I invite you to look for it.
I am one of his followers even if I hadn’t the opportunity to meet him or follow one of his conferences at Caille University or elsewhere. About Earth, In continuity with his theory about origins, even if I guess most will laugh at me, I consider myself an earthologist and try to work to find hints anywhere possible even if this is highly difficult.
Maybe you’ll took me for a fool but at least check to Alain Topher’s work, hoping this little insights will be helpful.

1 Like

I am aware of the works. I do not disparage your chosen profession as a Earthologist, I believe both sides should be studied and evaluated fully in true academic and scientific rigor. I applaud you for participating in that science.

I was merely attempting to cover both “general” sides of the current debate as a way to answer why Akali may had not heard of Earth.

I believe there is no true consensus yet amongst scientific community at large and suspect there will not be unless the EvE Gate is opened or some other archaeological evidence is found that is beyond dispute.

We all know (as politicians and theologists still continue to demonstrate) it’s easy to ignore science and fact when it doesn’t fit your prefered narrative.

2 Likes

Earthology is usually considered a fringe science at best, and pseudoscience at worst.

I, myself, am familiar with the names of several mythological worlds, some of which might be different names for the same world. Earth, Gaia, Terra, Canopus, Dune, Soekhiviti, Tau Ceti, Zeta Reticuli, Cueball, Olympus, the list goes on, but few and far between are the verifiable concrete evidence for these worlds existence.

So as regards a library called Alexandra on Earth, then I would tend to view such tales as being a parable about the importance and fragility of knowledge archival and record keeping, rather than a factual account of a real place.

Respectfully,

Prof. V. Valate, Kaztropolis Imperial University.

4 Likes

I support this kind of procject and I would really love to see it become reality. But we must also consider the fact that there are many humans in New Eden who wants to see it burn into ashes.

So its very likely that this kind of instution will come under an attack during its life life time but still with enough contribution surely Alexandria can find a way to exist.

If there is anything for a capsuller like me to help (isk,deployment,resarch etc) in this project please let me know…

2 Likes

Don’t be afraid about extremists. The majority of us are human and decently cultured. Do you know someone else who could contribute at this project?

I will mention it to some of my friends and see if they are intrested. What you plan is kinda huge so getting support for it gonna take very long time and work.

Also rather than starting big with a huge station and assets to support it creating this instutiton under the safe umbrealla of Empires within their protected stations is much safer way to go. Big achivements always start with small steps you know…

Anyway if you are intrested to talk more about future steps you can always find me with a quick search add me as a friend in your contacts list after all I am a capsuleer and my records in space is open to everyone.

Very well, this being appreciates it.

This being started to create the first communication channels and tools to whoever want to contribute at the project. When requested he will give you the datas to join in.
The project is pending for other considerations and consensus.

((OOC: The private channel is <OOC Project “Alexandria”> (without <> but with “”) ))

At the risk of this communique being lost to the ages, much like the relics and artifacts that this project wishes to preserve, I’d like to provide some assurance that any resources that I have at my disposal are also added to the contributions.

When this being returns and the project picks up its pace again of course…

This being is grateful to see your collaboration. Currently he’s stucked in various issues that could end at 27/08/121

1 Like

PHASE 1: “Further informations”
Description: Put here or in the appropriate communication channels some feedback and further suggest about the project.
Issued by: Kalodote Lafisques
Expiration: Not specified.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Wow, I love the idea of a place like this, where information rules and is free for everybody to explore. Is the project still active? I would love to support the project with the little I can do. I think this would move humanity a big step ahead if it succeeds.