[NEMA Press Release] Paid Positions for Reporters

I have been summoned. Calm down miners, James 315 is chair of this summit, and he has requested a thorough report on this matter.

It does seem a little troublesome. “Baseliner” can definitely be taken as insulting, but it’s not necessarily meant that way. Is there a better term? Originals? Naturals? The un-implanted?

… all of them can maybe be taken as offensive if people think we’re talking about them as inferior and, worse, disposable. Potentially, any word referring to the class of non-cybernetically-enhanced persons in a capsuleer’s mouth is likely to seem, well, unforgivably arrogant.

I do use “baseliner,” not because I want to say I’m somehow above them, but I don’t know a better word for unmodified people, so I just go with what I have.

Also: it may be possible for a capsuleer to return to something like a baseline condition, but these days cloning’s so much a part of the process that almost none of us have our original bodies anymore and what looks totally natural with no implants is nevertheless probably vat-grown on an osteoplastic skeleton. The process for making more … “natural” … clones in the style of the old high-grade ones is so macabre that … well.

So, I’m unusually small for a capsuleer. My old high-grade clones, years ago, used to have to have their skeletal structure assembled out of bones harvested from cadavers of children.

Anyway, I don’t know if there’s a retired capsuleer who really counts as “baseline” unless you really stretch the meaning of that word. We’ve almost all had our bodies fully replaced at least once.

So, respectfully, Mr. Destro, my bit of hopefully-constructive criticism? … don’t say stuff like this, even, and maybe especially, if it’s true.

If you need to say it, it won’t be believed anyway. If it would be believed, you needn’t say it.

I’ll look forward to seeing what you can do. (Not actually interested in CODE. one way or the other, though.)

1 Like

And I understand this, as a capsuleer myself. However, being among those who aren’t capsuleers on a constant basis, I know my own crews would find that offensive.

I was mostly just curious if the individual truly felt that way, of if, like you, they may have been unaware.

Everyone deserves a sporting chance. You only get one, though. I’m just being cordial.

Thank you, in return, for the cordial advice.

Good.

Thank you.

Excellent. I officially rescind my offer to write that article as a greater knowledge on all things CODE. has now done so.

Without trying to sound too… bootlickery? Princess Aiko is one of the greater masters of persuasion within the New Order and I look forward to her article with great interest - especially if it has the Seal of Approval from James 315 himself.

“Whole truth?”…
You still don’t understand what’s wrong with CODE?

Speaking about those who are joining CODE, members of CODE, speaking in support of this manslaughtering cult or were their members even for a little time - it’s not about convictions, it’s not about opinions, it’s not about ideals, it’s not even about being misunderstood by society. It’s PATHOLOGY.

Very interesting,

You could be interested about this being’s Project Alexandria. He’s also going to do a similar initiative like yours.

This coming from someone who supports a fascist State? Please. I don’t believe you’re in a position to make moral judgments on the actions of others.

We’d love to help you put your thoughts out to the Eve Cluster at large. Drop us a note and we’ll be sure to reach out.

Very well.

The communication channels are active and we’re still in phase 1 of the project. You can reach them when you want.

((OORP: In-game Chat channels are “Project Alexandria” and “OOC Project Alexandria” without “” if I remember. Otherwise it creates another channel. If you’re unsure, EVEmail me))

1 Like

Which which State?
I think that word is applicable only to Federation, thus please don’t use it for us.

And, oh believe me, my moral qualities are times greater than anyone who would sing a praise to a manslaughtering cult, or would admit in preferring a Federation to the State!

Oh, come now, Ms. Kim. We both know “which State.” Stop being obtuse and contrarian.

I do enjoy how you can call other organizations killing people a “manslaughtering cult,” but when it’s done in the name of the State, it’s just patriotism.

Hypocrisy, much?

Like we ever would commit a manslaughter like that. We’re not a brainwashed CODE cultists or Federal freeom fanatics for murders. It looks like you’re the obtuse one to make such childish and outlandish ignorant claims about us.

Thus, no hipocrisy.

“If only I could view the world through eyes that could not distinguish truth from lies, because peace only lives when one is blind.” - Anonymous Gallente Poet

That was something written on the walls of our station by one of our employees. I made sure it was permanently displayed as you walk into our news room.

Everyone believes their own lie. It just shows us that even we capsuleers are still, for all our advances, very mortal and full of flaws.

Enjoy your day, Ms. Kim.

Quite gallente point of view.

Here in the State we are taught to see the things as they are, without any subjective interpretations. And the critera of truth are evidences.

The problem with so called “Free Press” is that they bark and bark a lot, speaking a lot of theories like they’re right, without actually bringing evidences to their words. It’s empty writing.

Ah, the refrain of fascists throughout history. Smells and tastes like fear. Makes me smile.

Kim’s voice, “I’m not brainwashed, I’m in the Caldari Navy!” :wink:

1 Like

Princess Aiko, have you ever had one of those times when you have had a very long discussion with someone about a permit violation where they are clearly in the wrong and you can counter their every flacid argument with facts and reason? You know, one of those conversations that goes on over hundreds of messages and goes around and around and eventually makes you want to smash your face into a brick wall as well as theirs?

It’s been a while since I was an Agent of the New Order. I wonder why I was reminded of having to deal with such a conversation…

Ange, I know in your heart you still love James, and he knows it too. We trust that someday you will return to Halaima and rejoin the faithful flock. Once the scales are lifted from one’s eyes, one discerns miners everywhere, and surely they must all comply.

I’m curious, Princess Aiko, do you think so many people have a dislike for you due to your ability to cut right to the heart of the matter? I’m beginning to think they’re just a bit too sensitive for your blunt and observant remarks.

1 Like

What? The people love me. I allow them to eat cake! :moon_cake:

1 Like