Project nova..please read

the problem i see with nova is it look like a generic cod game like lobby shooter not what i want it to be i would have loved the dust on pc.
the games Ui looks like a step back why remove dust neon Ui nice looking (from my PoV) and go back to this ■■■■ looking hp bar that looks boring.
i will be ok if nova lobby shooter is the first step that evolve to the dust type maps
something where you have some maps that will be in those smaller enclosed maps and other that will include tanks and planes, and other that are objective driven a bit like dirty bomb where you have to do something because if it ends up with just being TM/DM, just stop making it we have so many title all ready that just do that and its boring

my opinion:
if this game is gonna be any good it needs to follow that path of Battlefield series where you have a mix of map types large and small some where you are infantry only and some where you use a mechanized force to win
this from my pov will include all ppl those that like cod style and those that like BF style but then again i dont know if they are just planing on no option of what type of game play you want
where you can only click on join game and it will give you a game if thats the only way to start game this game is gonna be crap it will need a option in form of type of maps infantry, large mechanized map and then the game modes you like to play

1 Like

look, i get you think EVE is dying and want your dustbunny replacement game now because you spent 1200 bucks on a PC, you already know how CCP feel about VR right now so what is it you expect people to say when you make stupid statements like DUST514 II is the future.

The future is some game will come out that’s much better that every other game you’re playing right now and you’ll scurry away and play that shite and nobody will give a flying feck at the end of the day, games come and go

Hilmar said Nova wil be out in 2018 or something. I think they should work on it a lot longer than that and add a lot of stuff before it will be out to have a chance with establshed titles.

First of all f2p. matchmaking with ranks.
Things like multitude of play modes, open world maps for PvE with misions, mechanized warfare maps, merket, loadouts, warbarge, corporations, economy, crafting, customization, all this stuff.

2 Likes

From the original announcement, all your extras are unlikely to be launch features. That’s the main thing I’m skeptical about with this whole thing. After the Dust failure, CCP was seeming gun shy, and it looked like they just wanted to do a generic re-skinned Unreal Tournament game. I’m worried that their main ambition is making it as vanilla as possible. That as a consequence they’ll write themselves into a corner where it becomes completely impossible to add any of the interesting extras that will give the game any kind of relevance. In other words, yeah, low expectations.

1 Like

I’m gonna be honest, DUST 514 when it came out was actually really good. I played it, and loved it, and I don’t like shooters as a general rule. This one was an exception. The only thing that held it back was making it PS3 exclusive. All they had to do was make it for PC, and they would have had a title with the potential for the kind of growth and longevity the EVE has seen.

EDIT: I should add that it was also held back by a complete lack of PVE and storyline content, and I’m sorry, but you don’t make a shooter without a decent single player campaign mode. Although I can give them a pass on this one cuz that stuff was ‘in development’ and failed largely because of PS3 exclusivity.

4 Likes

Agreed.
But they tried with Project Legion, and the console-players felt betrayed because CCP was making Legion for PC and not for console (amongst some other things)… I still hope they make something decent and Dust-like with Project Nova.
Had some fun times with Dust tho…

2 Likes

Good. More games need to be made just for PC and not for console. Developers themselves also need the experience. I’m getting sick of picking up a new ‘PC’ game that turns out to be nothing more than a PC port with a UI made for console. You know in Elite: Dangerous when you’re buying trade goods or limpets or something, what you get are two pointers, one to add more to your cargo bay, and one to subtract them. There is a number there as well that tells you how many you’ve got, but you can’t click on it and type in the number you want. Can’t do that. Because the UI has been made ‘console friendly’, despite being the PC version of the game. It’s lazy, and pathetic, and developers need to start developing their games FOR PC instead of FOR console and porting them as an afterthought.

People who choose to buy consoles and play on those are doing so because they want simplicity. They want to decomplicate and declutter the process of gaming. People who by PCs and play on them do so because they want a broader range of options and more dynamic usability and experience. I realise the two demographics are not mutually exclusive, and someone who plays both might occasionally prefer the PC experience, and occasionally prefer the console experience. At the end of the day, people who choose the console experience need to start accepting that they need to make sacrifices when they settle for simplicity. PC gamers, on the other hand, do not and should not accept second-rate laziness in their game purchases.

A great example of a game made correctly for both console and PC was GTA5. Yes, it took longer to develop the extra stuff that a PC version needed to have, but I’m okay with that. I got the PC gaming experience that GTA5 deserved.

I have no problem with Nova being made for both PC and console. But if it comes to PC with a console UI and turns out to be nothing but a lazy port, if even a single thing about the PC version stinks of console, CCP won’t be getting my money for it. No company gets my money for console games. I don’t play console games, I play PC games.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.