[PROPOSAL] Clone Safety

The people asking for it to be removed are mainly in WH space. A lot of people in this game say that greater risk should equal greater reward yet null gets A lot more safety and still the highest rewards while WH space you are risking everything and while it can be profitable at times crab holes don’t generate sites 500 times a day like null sec systems and we don’t get any good moon goo. It’s a slap in the face that null sec can have their thousands of cap ships 100% safe as long as they don’t undock.

my main is in WH space and you can either consider it lost already (as you buy thing) or limit the amount of stuff you have in the hole. But then WH space doesnt reallyhave a marketplace or market hub like null sec entities do. so unless you are a polific purchaseer, the individual risk in WH space is less than the market maker in a null sec system far from high sec.

I guess the risk vs reward, at least in the lower (up to say C3) sites is very much out of sorts with the rewards in null sec with (as you mention site generation). imo null sec is empty enough as it is, vast swathes of places with little to no people, I think the entire system of space, how much there is and how it is utlilized needs to be looked at really. But i still think removing it altogether would have a more negative impact than a positive one.

Problem is your still thinking about the initial change not the long term. Yes it would scare a lot of people away because they want absolute safety. Bit it will draw in a more aggressive crowd that sees opportunity to take from others. The problems of people only wanting to be in a major alliance for safety is already a thing this change wouldn’t effect that meanwhile those that want to fight against said alliances and are doin so now still will. It also means that you would now be risking your entire back up supply of cap ships should you not be able to defend it which can turn the tables. Instead they can keep stockpiling so they never run out mean while smaller groups can’t compete. If you can blow up their structure and either loot of destroy them you have now just changed warfare in eve.

Fair enough, but it will also mean that the large bloc get bigger as they will naturally swell numbers as they would be seen to be able to defend their assets. I must admit that is the nice thing about taking out WH citadels, the drops can be lucrative.

If you are talking about only Nullsec…then sure i get your perspective…
But it seems that is only what your short sighted view is speaking about.

Such a change would be a blanket change…so look at both Losec and Highsec now too.

Highsec (with the current dec mechanics) would find almost all pvp going away outside of ganking cause just about all the owners will say screw it, pull up stakes, and move back into the NPC stations.

Losec, not as bad…but all those moon reactor stations…yep sooner or later bye bye with no replacements.

so really, just understand your idea is garbage. Asset Safety is required for the Citadel system to stay intact.

If you read the 2nd post in the thread I only said for null, not low sec or high.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.