Proposal for Rebalancing of the Suicide Gank

Yes, because opening a reply box on two separate accounts is a difficult thing to do.

pity these threads quickly devolve into a series of personal attacks by the same few players , none of whom are trying to find a middle-ground . so much bs. from both sides , starting with the OP . a day-one alpha can fly a void cata , but the damage stats given are for a max-skilled omega … the crap gets deeper and the real issue is not addressed at all .
it’s important to draw a distinction between a vet flying a freighter and a new player in a venture . i have no pity for people flying billions through uedama who die to an organized gank , or those foolish enough to get baited while flying an expensive pve fit . but new players can’t understand why someone sacrifices 2kk + cata to kill a noob-fit venture , and it’s frustrating .
the solution is to treat new players as an asset , not as content . education and a little help would go a long way to help with player retention .
no game mechanics need to be changed imo , although kill-rights giving a weapons timer is a really good idea . :smiley:

Doesn’t happen though. It’s not my fault if you misunderstand something that was said.

Called it.

Strange person

1 Like

I never said that. It’s not my fault if you misunderstand something that was said.

2 Likes

Safety red being an omega feature is honestly soooooo smart.

1 Like

FYI None of the new NPE AIR missions send you to lowsec. I have done them all (all races) on different toons and they are all basically the same. (I recall a while back there was a mission that sent you to lowsec but not in the recent iteration of the NPE (unless there is random one in there)

1 Like

Perfect, that proves that newbies are never directed to lowsec where the Guide Guy PvPers are, and that they’re only exposed to The Bad Guy ganker griefers in High Sec.

It would be really stupid of CCP to somehow expose these newbies to The Good Guy PvPers in lowsec. Instead, it’d be really intelligent and objectively better for the game if we just got rid of The Bad Guy gankers griefers so they weren’t exposed to anything at all!

Stated like sarcasm, yet it’s a fact!

Lucas, bruh, we’re a team. You keep trying to divide a wedge between us but I’m here spitting :fire: and dropping truth bombs and rather than helping me out you’re raining on our whole parade. Don’t let the ganker shills subtly get you to drive us apart.

1 Like

Ad homonym!

1 Like

Lucas, let us go over this point again.
I was talking about not giving salt to gankers (i.e. not reacting to smack talk and taunts).
You quoted me and then responded with:

I feel that I am reasonable in assuming that you are posting that in relation to what I posted, therefore you are saying that smack talk and taunting needs to be banned as greifing.

There are three other ways I can read this interaction in light of your statement that you never said to ban smack talk, and I just don’t understand.

1. You were disingenuously framing your argument so that it looked like you are reacting to the statement you quoted from me, but in fact you are arguing a totally different case, but you thought it looked like you were rubbing my nose in it by quoting me.

2. You did not think about the implications of what you were saying when you said that smack talk was griefing, and want to roll it back without admitting that maybe you over stated your position.

3. You did not understand what I meant when you claimed that smack talk = greifing, and now that you do you want to walk it back a bit, but you don’t want to admit that you did not understand me, so you are trying to frame it so I did not understand you.

Which of these three is it Lucas? Do you have a different explanation that I am not seeing (that does not involve your interactions just being a troll. I really feel like I am going out on a limb here and giving you a chance to explain without you looking more like a troll than you already do).

Actually you were talking about people who “mine salt”, which means they are intentionally trying to create grief, which is griefing. You then went on to claim we were talking about smacktalk, which we weren’t. Pretty straightforward.

Lol, I am glad that you are here Lucas to tell me what I mean.

I was talking about not giving salt to gankers, i.e. taunting and smack talk. You were the one who decided that this was griefing, and declared that it must be banned. I fail to see this subtle distinction in definitions that you are claiming it straight forward.

I will say that your answer falls mostly in to option #1. Again you seem to be falsely framing things, and then claim that you “never said that” when it is clear that you did.

Come on man, most of the people in this thread are either mocking you, or have declared you a troll. I think I was one of the last ones that took you kinda seriously. I don’t any longer.

I am pretty sure you are just trying to look good with cleaver word games, even though you don’t have a point, or are just trying to steal other people’s slack. You know pinkie normies never get to escape, but just get swept up by Jehovah1 to the cooperate sin galaxy. It may not be too late to escape Lucas. You need to accept Bob Dobs into your heart and quit trying to steal other’s slack.

X-day will get here eventually.

Either way I cast you out in the name of the true Bob.

TBH, I think the Soldier of Fortune Mission SHOULD Send you to Lowsec- But specifically to get into a fight not a fedex or mining run. Any player really- and Win or lose it won’t matter, the mission will complete successfully if a PVP KM is generated). If they really wanted to make it special the mission could combine a locator agent to find the nearest - sec status player in low and order them to “Deliver Justice”.

1 Like

I’m glad you finally came around. Don’t you see now, T Elliot? Anti-ganking has a hard job explaining people to themselves. You can join the “kill all highsec PVP” movement, help get rid of ganking griefing, and keep telling other people what they’re thinking.

All this ad homonym at us. When you stop resorting to attacks and look at what remains, the truth is that we’re always making consistent and correct arguments against only ganking (wardecs are OK) in high sec and people keep failing to understand them no matter how many times we have to explain it to them in every different way possible, even if it means others can no longer understand our various points.

See you admit you can’t fight us anti-newbie-ganking-only (PVP in high sec is generally OK) crowd, and have to keep resorting to personal attacks. Once you come around to our viewpoint everything will make total sense, and then you too will push for removal of all ganking in high sec (period).

This is griefing, goading newbies out of High Sec and into Low Sec just to kill them is targeted harassment, even if it is CCP does it. And it’s illegal here in Germany/Texas, so I’m not afraid to call my German/Texan lawyer.

2 Likes

:slight_smile: Lo Koval, now I truly see the wisdom in your ways. For behold the only truth is the truth as I see it in the moment, and if I said something different twelve posts ago that inconvenient to me now, well I don’t say it, YOU just don’t understand it, and are probably misremembering it anyways. And besides you’re just a smelly griefer who deserves to be hit with the ban hammer of righteous fury!

It is for freedom and truth that I deny what I clearly said, and it is in the sense of righteous justice that I wish to take away the game play of others!

2 Likes

That’s easy, just don’t let them leave the station. Ofcourse you would have to get rid of local, mail and messaging aswell.

1 Like

I’ve heard that ganking, err griefing, is against the law in many of the progressive nations of Europe. Maybe it would be better if CCP just charges people a subscription fee, but does not allow anyone to log in any longer. That was there is no over powered kind of gameplay allowed, and everyone is equal.

Sending lambs to the slaughter, this I approve.

1 Like