Proposal for Rebalancing of the Suicide Gank

Permanent green safeties for high sec sort of drives in all of the nails into the coffin and even for the pilots who sit on the fence who indirectly support both sides.

If there was a vote, I would have to go against that change.

1 Like

I don’t know man. I’m getting kind of worried. Not just because of increase in people asking for it to be nunked, but also because CCP seems to be making justifications for dropping an atom bomb. Hell, consider this. Ganking has seen 3 nerfs in a row, and ganking activity has taken a huge hit. Yet, in spite of this, there was recently a huge spike in nerf ganking threads. Things seem to be calming down, but I don’t think it was a coincidence that we saw that spike after fanfest. Seems to me like I’m not the only one thinking that ganking might be in trouble.

2 Likes

Pilots who are swallowing that “atom bomb” of the omega / plex price increase might to have caused for the support to nerf suicide ganking?

/Also getting back to that “Permanent green safeties for high sec” would only really help with new and fresh pilots who don’t know about the plex vault etc. ie
Just the other day a new pilot seems to have lost their lunch money

It’s probably that they see an opportunity now. There were several nerfs to ganking, they see it as an indication that the game is changing towards full carebear. Basically, they think CCP is now with them on the antiganking subject, and use that confidence to voice their ideas.
And I’m worried about this as well. The fact that CCP seems to indeed move the game more towards carebear and safety instead of pvp and Safety… I’m not sure where it will go in the long term, and I don’t like it.
About that griefing chart that you linked: I mean, it does somewhat describe griefing, not ganking. If that scenario was real (somebody blowing up a new player in a new player ship without cargo, for no reason at all) it could be considered griefing. But I don’t really see the problem, as it means the new player doesn’t lose much isk, and given that pretty much no ganks specifically target 100% new players in worthless ships, I don’t see this causing any issues.
And even if it happens, the best thing the newbie can do is try to learn from it.

1 Like

Why are you so closed minded and unable to see the big picture? What’s wrong with you? Your game play style not only interferes with mine, but it also destroys it. You’re a big doodoo head that’s lazy because you write things, and you use nasty logic against my emotionally driven outbursts that define my subjective view of the universe, and you have to stop, think about how selfish you are, and get on board with bending the objective nature of the universe to fit in line with my subjective view.

And no, your view doesn’t count because your view isn’t the right one and mine is.

3 Likes

Throwing out pictures and making jokes or mocking like that is deflection.

Balance is a natural requirement in games, one of the balance issues that Eve has is for example multiple accounts. Another is churning…

I keep hearing people say set them red and see them come in system, blah blah blah ad nauseum, but the issue here is the limit of how many characters you can have as contacts. I like many older AG used to make known gankers red so I could spot them, but what happened is that with all the churning going on my list got filled up. So the much used make them red is negated by this.

The issue with Alpha gankers is real whether you like it or not and has balance issues, which could be changed if CCP increased the number of characters I can have red to 10,000 maybe.

So there is a balance issue, remember that when you mock people talking about balance, it is not simple like putting up a cartoon to mock. and with that I leave you to the circle of whatever…

PLEX is in your PLEX vault when you buy it from CCP. It also is in your PLEX vault when you obtain it via trade or contracts. It’s only ever in the regular item storage when you manually take it out of the PLEX vault in order to sell it.

Given that the ibis pilot has no other history, I would guess someone purposefully loaded the PLEX into the ibis and blew it up with his alt in order to obtain an expensive killmail, which is supported by the fact the suicide ganker, while seemingly a very active pvp-er according to zkill, had only one previous CONCORD lossmail in the whole year, and the ibis is his first successful suicide gank… but nevertheless the tornado pilot has professed his suicide ganking technique well enough to load exactly one bullet of ammo into each gun (no ammo in the tornado lossmail) before suiciding so he won’t be wasting/dropping ammo when he’s concorded after the only shot he fires on an autopiloter… yet has a t2 cargo scanner rather then a t1 or meta?

For a meme killmail, however, I prefer this one:

Yes, multiboxing or even having multiple accounts is very unbalanced because everyone can do it. The biggest issue is with all the miners boxing one orca and dozens of barges that they can just dock in the orca. I can’t gank orcas, so those are a problem for me.
Besides that, no real problem to that.

How many chars do you have negative, wtf? Where is the limit? Also, in general I don’t see a problem with increasing that limit. Just, dude. Set their corps/alliances to red and ur good. Safety., CODE., Coalition of Customs Professionals, Novus Plebo Ordo. Boom, 95% of gankers are already red. Not sure how you run into an issue.

No. Or which issues do you mean?

Again, that sounds like a reasonable idea, not sure why this isn’t the case already. But again, no clue how you got thousands of ppl red already.

Yes, ganking has been nerfed too much recently, it should get buffed again.

In this case it’s a funny interruption of a serious discussion, don’t see a problem with it.

1 Like

Nah. Even the most desperate, most attention-seeking players wouldn’t blow ten billion on a fairly generic corvette/PLEX kill mail. It’s just too much money to pay for the 15 seconds of fame it gets you.

It was either pure ignorance, or an attempt at RMT.

It’s Dracvlad, so he pretty much has the game’s entire population set negative, aside from a small number of simps who threw their lot in with him on the forums. Is Razorback still around? I’m starting to get concerned that maybe he caught something after petting of those backyard deer he has roaming around his property.

3 Likes

Probibly just lack of knowledge tbh, players do dumb things way to often.

I propose one change only to the current set up.

Concord get off thier butts and start some random patrols in the systems they are present in.

Patrols could consist of just a couple of frigates or a cruiser, moving between gates and stations.
This would add a bit of fun to the current all or nothing Concord approach.

1 Like

15 seconds of fame is nothing, but 10B isk is nothing in terms of investments into eve, either :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

How many capsuleers were created only to skill inject them to titans, buy a titan, jump it to a random nullsec and safelog it there, in hope that in X years, when the alliance holding the SOV has long perished, it can be logged in again and create some lolzomg content?

This would indeed be cool. The patrol shouldn’t be baitable though, i.e. it stays on it’s patrol area even if someone suicides his corvette to drag concords attention away from the gank targets.

Likewise, the faction navies should also patrol their space

My guess is exactly zero.

When I joined the game (near it’s population peak) every high sec system seemed to have a can-flipping suspect baiter in a belt somewhere. Hulkageddon was a thing that was widely accepted. Newbies were joining corps and the in-game voice forced you to listen to your corp mates by default, who would properly set expectations that high sec was dangerous unless certain mitigations were followed. Anonymous toons were placing small bounties on anyone without one – not large enough to have your friend kill you, just small enough to annoy you. People also were constantly spying on you – anyone could “add contact” and be notified of when you were online, even in high sec, coupled with locator agents. Every hub had scam alts and scam contracts filling the chat, even backwaters like Rens. Scam buy and sell orders were 0.01isking each other, in addition to the non-scam marketeers doing normal 0.01isking.

People worked hard to be safe in high sec, and others worked hard so that as soon as someone dipped a toe into low sec, piracy endued.

That was when the game was “thriving” by the numbers: it was incredibly dangerous and the player population understood that, or risk being laughed at on in-game comms and being told to play WoW or Scam Citizen (which was firmly a fresh scam).

7 Likes

Can they? Time, money, and of course being able to do it effectively. I have two active accounts, in many activities I use one character only, especially in real PvP (don’t get emotive on this it means where you engage someone who fights back and you have active tank modules and the like), I am used to using two characters though.

I think the limit was 500, I cleared out a lot recently.

As for the alliances you detailed what do I do about the Frat ones, Goons ones PH ones and so on, now I have too many reds running around, if you thought about it a bit more you might have got why it is an issue but you went off on it.

Detailed by the OP.

Would help, glad you agree, but it also highlights the issue of churning of ganker characters.

Maybe a better idea is to have shared Character standing folders like bookmarks are now, then we can keep up with the churning effectively and I can turn on and off lists of gankers or hot droppers based on what space I was in, I like that as an idea.

It is a weapon to try to silence people, and goes against the forum rules. You are supposed to create a welcoming environment and not go off topic, or troll people.

“Multiboxing bad and unbalanced, I multibox btw”
Well, to be fair multiboxing is favouring people who are good at the game over people who aren’t. And I don’t see a problem with better people being better at the game. My laptop that I’m playing on can barely handle boxing 4 accounts, 3 works decently enough. Does that mean I complain about people being able to box more than 4 accounts because it’s unfair against me? No. I either avoid these people if they’re better than me, or find ways to fight them. Basically “adapt or die”
And that comment about “real” pvp, you should know the answers to that already. Targets not fighting back isn’t our fault, some targets do fight back, we gank tanked targets as well, glass cannon pvp exists as well, you gank people in lowsec as well by overwhelming them etc.

then set frat or specific corps as red, same for goons or ph. That covers 99% of all gankers, I doubt that you really got 500+ individual ganking corps/people set to red.
Also, do you really feel the need to be 100% safe by using contacts? Or is is normal to occasionally have somebody slip through the cracks?

I’ve replied to that already.
tldr alpha gankers are incredibly rare for various reasons, the main group of people you’d hurt with that is actual newbies trying out ganking.

It isn’t off topic. And I think you are taking this way too serious, as if that will silence people somewhere 30 comments deep on a post catering to the opposite side.
But if you feel like being silenced by it, be my guest.

Also, I just checked your killboard. You last kill is you getting on Aaaarrgg’s Thrasher km. Bet he didn’t shoot back, he certainly didn’t have any tank fit either. You killed him with a Loki.
The kill before that are you and 4 others killing a defenseless hauler in nullsec, the one before it’s you and 2 others killing a different defenseless hauler.
The one before, you 2v1 a Loki that is already struggeling against mission rats.
The 2 before are 6 people murdering a hac, a very fair elite pvp fight for sure.
Before that you solokilled an empty rifter, and before that you killed a bunch of bubbles that sure as hell didn’t shoot back.
I could go on, but I think you get my point. Don’t talk to me about “real” pvp while your pvp is always overkilling others, usually things that can’t shoot back.

1 Like

The population was thriving because there were more people interested in the game that hadn’t tried it yet. It was different when i started in 2014 as well.

So juat to be clear. What you’re saying is, that you want the game to be like wow?

I’ll have you know that Dracvlad is an elite PvPer. He’s probably one of the best PvPers to have ever played EVE online. He has nearly limitless experience waging war against superior odds, and has a mastery of advanced combat tactics and strategy. Just his mere presence is enough to cause entire enemy fleets to dock up:

1 Like

Yep, the main difference is that now there’s a lot of people are better at playing alone. Before there was a lot of in-game pressures to socialize, which is the glue of the game.

Nope, not at all. WoW has peak concurrent users (PCU) quickly approaching EvE’s numbers (34k vs >20k) but from a much much higher original amount, so WoW is undeniably dying: It had higher to fall, and has fallen faster.

The death of numerous themepark MMOs over the years shows that that genre is being eaten up by other (and sometimes novel) multiplayer genres. EvE will continue to outlive them, because nothing in the market replaces persistent single-universe PVP-always-on MMO.

All the MOBAs and battle arenas and loot box / battle pass crap ate up the themepark MMO by making the grind palatable (minigames) and put the “persistent” and “show off” bits at account-level – where boat loads of money could be made instead of subscriptions.

Nothing really tackles EvE, not even Foxhole.

1 Like