Proposal for Rebalancing of the Suicide Gank

Since I’ve been spending time in the nub systems, I feel too the meta of game communication has changed a ton too.

The sense of community isn’t really there. Local is dead. Its often me, talking to myself :smiley:

Most likely cause peeps are on Discord etc.

But yea, the newbs aren’t being killed by ganker hordes.

I only found one ganker total in the starter systems and he was docked up and AFK :smiley:

1 Like

What’s funny is that decision to change war decs is what directly lead to ganking being more prevalent :smiley:

Also yes, it should be a cruel world.

What’s crazy about that quote is it reveals daddy CCP’s mistake.

A few bullies vs tens of thousands of people, and the few were winning?

How were they winning? Because the tens of thousands were cowards.

If they had all fought back, how could the few have won?

If corps joined up with other corps and fielded hundreds of ships in response?

It isn’t that war decs were being abused. It’s that the majority of HS carebears are cowards, who don’t know how to play the game.

So they cried to daddy CCP to save them. When they had the tools to save themselves all along.

The war dec change may not have been the first nail nor will it be the last in EVE’s coffin.

But every nail driving it shut, its pounded in by the players. It is our base that is ruining the game. Not by ganking but by crying victim.

EVE is cruel but fair. There are always ways to fight back. Always ways to save yourself. But it means you actually have to play the game. Actually engage your brain vs another player.

You have all the tools you need to fight.

7 Likes

Of course it is :smiley:

It’s why this is all you can come back with :smiley:

The thing that’s killing EVE isn’t ganking bruv.

Its victimhood :smiley:

3 Likes

I love when you finally give up and that’s all you got Grampy Kells Rroff :smiley:

3 Likes

No, the only real fact I see here is that your arguing is totally dishonest. As numerous others have pointed out, you just slither between a variety of stock responses that never really deal with the issues. You replies are always worded not to actually answer the specific issues people have raised…but instead to evade them and speak in generalist tones. This is also why you contradict yourself so often…making specific comments when there is less pressure for an answer, and tangential contradictory statements when there is such pressure.

The end result is that people can clearly see that you yourself do not have a clear underlying backbone for your views but instead an obsessive ‘cause’ without any real roots…for which you grasp at any straw that you can pretend ‘supports’ that cause.

What we have here is not a problem looking for a solution…but a ‘solution’ looking for a problem.

3 Likes

Well its clearer to me now since I know who he is now. I thought he was Drac, but Drac has a particular posting style.

I didn’t think he was good enough at RP to consistently hide it for so long.

But he gave himself away with the game forum comment thing.

Rroff used to say that all the time as his excuse of how his opinion was relevant even tho he didn’t play EVE much anymore.

Makes sense now :smiley:

Rroff also rroffed himself off the forums but I’m guessing he just switched to another alt :smiley:

The remarkable thing is that we can actually put some data together and arrive at our own meaningful stats. To the extent that we can definitively state that ganking is not the major cause of noobs leaving. Actual mathematical proof…

1. We know from the CCP stats you mentioned that about 10,744 first logins occur every week.

2. We know from stats derived from Kezrai Charzai ( and I independently arrived at similar figures ) that about 100 people are ganked every day…or 700 a week.

3. Kezrai later argued that the true figure for ganking may be up to 4 times higher. I don’t accept that, but even if I did…that would be 2800 a week, and we know most ganking is not of noobs in their first week. It’s only a small portion.

4. Even if we did generously allow for half of all ganks being noobs in the first week, that would be 1400 a week. And yet CCPs figures show that out of 10,744…9642 have left within the first week. That means a full 85% of all those leaving within the first week were not ganked. I suspect the true figure is well over 95%.

5. That is a highly conservative estimate based on allowing even the most wildly high figures for ganks within first week. But the true purpose was in any case to show that even with allowing such wildly liberal levels of ganking we still see that the huge majority of leavers have NOT left due to ganking…because they were not ganked !

2 Likes

Oh yes. As you will see from my previous post I’ve blown your silly claims clean out of the water. It is possible to arrive at stats that show that the vast majority of leavers do not leave due to ganking.

And frankly I have bookmarked my post above and from now on it is all you are going to get by way of response. I no longer give a damn what you think…because I don’t believe thinking is something you ever actually do.

I have definitively mathematically shown that the vast majority of people who leave within the first week were not ganked. You have zero argument against that data…because I have even allowed for wildly inflated ganking figures and the number of leavers not ganked within first week is still a huge portion.

You, on the other hand, have never provided a single scrap of mathematical data at all.

I know. She had data and interpreted it.

Scary huh? :smiley:

Yennoe, I can’t fathom why you keep pushing the same lie when it’s clear you’ve already been proven wrong.

Like, is it like a child’s prayer where you keep repeating it to try and make it true or

Is your plan to just keep praying to daddy CCP to save you? ROFL.

1 Like

I am quoting CCPs very own data. YOU don’t seem to have any problem quoting CCP when it suits you…yet now you have a problem with their data ?

1 Like

Too funny.

You were quite happy to quote CCP from 2015. How is it that actual stats from 4 years more recent are suddenly irrelevant ? They are actual CCP data. Of course you don’t like the data, because it proves your entire thesis is complete nonsense…as the number of people leaving within first week is hugely more than the number that could possibly have been ganked.

As you have zero interest in actual data it becomes all the more evident that your only purpose here is to troll.

The point of rational discourse with you has ended. I am not interested in feeding trolls.

I told you…I am not interested in feeding trolls.

I mean feel free to drop your own data :smiley:

Weren’t you working on something?

Or yennoe maybe that guide you did?

Or the ship fit?

Oh. Did you find where it says on the EVE box where being AFK is a core tenet of playing their game or

Just checking :smiley:

Basing this on what?

Ah so you agree gankers are safe, as that is the words of CCP.

Thankee :smiley:

Someone’s emotional :smiley:

3 Likes

Someone is getting verbally abusive.

2 Likes

So… I did a test, just to see what would happen.

I hopped into a ship, which I had helpfully named “plz no kill m only 4” so people knew I’m a 4 day old player who is politely asking to not be murdered. I flew this ship from the Caldari career agent system to Jita, and I docked at Jita 4-4.

Nobody shot me.

I guess that proves ganks don’t happen if you ask nicely for them to leave you alone?

Ganks in high sec occur in a couple of forms.

1. they happen when mining
  2. they happen to high value transport ships that are on auto pilot
  3. bingy ships that are running missions or sites.

A noob traveling from A to B in a corvette or some other low value ship isn’t going to attract the attention of a ganker.

1 Like

Well according to Grampy Kells Rroff, thousands of T1 frigs are burning daily :smiley:

1 Like

Maybe in low sec.

Oh, wait. No, no. Plex farmers run from the fight.

Faction Warfare working as intended.