Proving of Kybernauts for Glorification in the Flow Unfolds

What an complete absolutely horrible idea.

I will repeat… this is NOT PVP… it teaches players almost nothing about pvp… the fits they fly they gonna get destroyed going into low sec or null sec. PVP is suppose to prepare you for anything, U dont know what situation you are going to face, so you fit your ships appropriately, learn situational awareness, learn to use d scan, learn to hunt targets.

This is just arranged simulation. Moreover, these events create redundancy and confusion with current mechanics. If people want to try PVP they can join factional warfare, low SP entry, lots of friendly corps, small gang and solo are pretty viable. If you want to encourage small gang or solo PVP content get more people into factional warfare.

And to all the whiners saying " no this is a fair fight, i dont get dropped". I ve being solo PVP for years, I rarely get ganged, the FW plexes have plenty of fair fights you just need to have a brain.

4 Likes

https://zkillboard.com/character/883889312/

lol figures someone who knows absolutely NOTHING about small gang / or solo saying we need another small gang mechanic… while already existing mechanic like FW provide plenty of small gang / solo stuff. Maybe CCP should just try to improve that and get more players into it.

1 Like

Have you joined in on either side of the edencom sites? Either side would welcome you. But understand that, to a certain extent they are pve as well as pvp, a battlefield yes but not a direct one that is simple like thems versus us as in FW

Carrier at the sun? Others on gates? I do not have the experience to be sure what is bait and what is not, these days but someone just sitting there waiting looks a lot like a duck to me, especially in Anamake.

Yes CCP can and does watch various measures, they have said so in lots of presentations. But what if it turns out that Edencom sites are garnering more interest than old FW? Me? I say, keep both. Others might disagree, some wanting to keep what they have, others asking for more new stuff. IF the numbers said that Edencom or proving grounds WERE more popular than FW would you be ok with FW being removed? {This is on NO way planned, just a hypothetical question} In other words, will you allow the measure to make the decisions or is there more than just raw numbers?

Every time something is added to eve (well almost every time) I cheer, more to play with, more to think about. Every time something is removed? I feel a loss. Devs who have left, players who have moved on, features tried and cast aside or mothballed. Oh I understand loads and cost benefit ratios and the rest of it, but the feeling of loss remains.

People in this thread who say they are leaving? I honestly regret that. I understand it, at times, but regret that you came to that decision. I have had folks quit and contract all their stuff to the Bus. I accepted ‘their stuff’ but tried to talk them out of it along the way. I have said before, I play eve wrong, I play it my by own rules and standards.

that’s what I think

m

https://zkillboard.com/character/1946611318/ thought that I would save you the effort of doing mine as well. Seeing as I am the other CSM speaking up in this thread.

m

I don’t need to google anything. I was there. That’s not what happened. You can go back and read Julio Torres’s explanation as to why they went to the NGE and it had nothing to do with Jedi.

Oh? PvE then? It is not the same type of PvP perhaps but you are kill or be killed vs another pilot, what would you call it instead?

Absolutely right. There are lots of types of PvP aren’t there? Each with its own fits and doctrines? What a solo roamer knows may not fit well into a war footing 200+ fleet.

You seem to have a very narrow view of what constitutes pvp. But that is fine. Fly as you wish and call it what you like. But allow others the right to do the same.

m

Uh, what?

I didn’t say anything about this being a small gang mechanic. It’s not. This is instanced PvP in an arena format. And I think a lot of folks want this, given how often we heard the desire for the 3 man abyssal frigate rooms to include a PvP option at the end.

I don’t need to be a solo PvPer to think that folks will like this change.

How about you try it and theory craft your own fits instead of asking others to do it for you.
This is a big problem for Eve, many wait on others to tell them how to play instead of being the one blazing the trail. Who cares if you at first don’t succeed. Get up and try again.
If you aren’t making mistakes you aren’t learning.

well maybe you would like to explain the concerns around redundancy with current small gang /solo mechanics. Arent you folks worried about diverting content and traffic… FW kills are already steadying declining for the last few years…

1 Like

its a glorified simulation and eve is trying to get into the other games now days. Instant action. I mean sure this technically is PVP but i fear we will just be watering down our game over time. Half of the fun is the hunt.

2 Likes

can you show me the data when you say a lot of folks want this?

Thanks.

2 Likes

More segregation of PVP is exactly the opposite of what EVE needs. Random encounters with gankers, criminals, and other troublemakers are what makes the world feel alive and fuels the economic and social aspects of the game. That last part is important, because the social part of the game is vital to player retention; an instanced, mutually agreed upon fight with some stranger you will never see again is less valuable socially than an open world encounter in the same way that a WoW dungeon done through the dungeon finder is less valuable than one done with a premade group.
An open world encounter, unfair as it may be, drives future interaction. The loser may re-ship to seek revenge, join a new group to find friends, call their existing friends to help, or try a new way of fitting/flying for the next encounter. In an instanced PVP encounter, both parties simply queue up for the next round, possibly after exchanging a message or two at most. Convenience is maximized at the cost of social interaction and meaningful consequences, and the arena becomes simply a grind for rank/SKINs/whatever. There’s a word for gameplay like that: boring.

10 Likes

Aaand we are crying out here with same reason and strictly refusing to join FW … content in low sec already dried quite alot… so we dont want to blue one side to us… and to keep fight oportunities larger to be able shoot everyone … we stay out … so Fw pilots are even more trouble to find fights than us . I do share your concerns definately . Makes great sense

1 Like

FW? The lowsec ones? The ones with consentual but unpredictable PVP? The people doing that are gonna do this. So there’s less of the consentual unpredictable PVP. See?

Personally I would prefer that these players who are unable to take 50v1s to avoid PVP altogether. At the same time, even personally I would do these events if they were limited time to train myself for PVP in New Eden, because it’s so easy to get PVP there. So many others would do the same. This would decrease the amount of people inside New Eden who want PVP.

It’s like saying ore changes do nothing because there’s still miners out, doesn’t make any sense. It makes an impact.

3 Likes

No more true words were ever spoken. “WE” did it to ourselves. :thinking:

As a solo, single account PVPer, I definitely do not support instanced PVP. We need more opportunities for meaningful interaction in the game world, not PVP segregation.

6 Likes
1 Like

As a solo small gang skirmish PvP er . I do not support instanced PVP . We are hunters we love the trill of fights set sail to unknown… and use our capabilities in our nature habitats… thats whats keeps us on our toes… thats ties us together as well as give good fights to each other…

Solo /small gang pilots are really different breed of pilots …
they dont seek security in numbers…
They lean on their instincts their awareness knowledge and understanding …
Even they fly in small packs… they dont primarily need a lead…
We dont need constructed and limited arenas… when we want 1V1 … there is always pilots there we can take it and honour it !

Creativity comes ouT of freedom and less walls less lines …
You cant give someone a Painting book full of figures and tell them these are rules … and you will do it that way… and expect it to develop any creativity …

If this subject come to table 10 years ago… probably all old Pilots would be already fuming around …oh just a sec… i think de ja vu! what changed over 10 years ?? most of them left… sadly … now we have this:

… Handfull of dedicated solo /small gang pilot explaining others why …

@Steve_Ronuken

I hope you get a year long sunburn!!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Edit; :popcorn:

1 Like

:slight_smile: i do take that one :slight_smile: and give you this one instead… Explain our situation pretty well i guess :slight_smile:

more hopefull… enjoy oh and
these
:popcorn: :chocolate_bar: :candy: :custard: