PVE amarr BS fitting

Hello everybody.
I’m buying my first BS for lvl 4 missions for Sarum.
Could you tell me which one to choose?
I skilled in amarr so it’s the easiest way to choose amarr BS or should i change my mind?
What fitting do you suggest for T2 modules and for T1?

P.S.
I know this topic was here probably for a thousand times. But everything is changing and maybe now answers will be different…

Armageddon is a solid choice for missions against NPCs other than Sansha and Blood Raiders (because drones = damage selection). Apocalypse is a solid choice against EM-weak NPCs.

Do you have T2 large pulses? That’s actually a pretty major dividing line in the Amarr lineup. Scorch L is a bit of a game-changer.

If yes, this is a more or less reasonable fit:

[Apocalypse, L4]

Large Armor Repairer II
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Type-D Restrained Capacitor Power Relay
Capacitor Power Relay II
Armor Thermal Hardener II
Armor EM Hardener II

Large Micro Jump Drive
Tracking Computer II, Optimal Range Script
Cap Recharger II

Mega Pulse Laser II, Scorch L

Large Semiconductor Memory Cell I

I don’t love it but it will get the job done. It’s obviously cap stable and you could eke out more performance by sacrificing that. Three faction heat sinks would do it good rather than two T2.

If not… well. Pulses are more or less out, which means you’re stuck with something like this:

[Apocalypse, L4 entry]

Large Armor Repairer II
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Type-D Restrained Capacitor Power Relay
Capacitor Power Relay II
Armor EM Hardener II

Large Micro Jump Drive
Cap Recharger II

Mega Modulated Energy Beam I, Imperial Navy Multifrequency L

And yes, that’s basically the same fit. The difference is that it has less tracking and caps out at 500ish DPS. The other fit does that with Scorch loaded. Also, it’s tight on grid.

Either way, it will get you going. Tracking disruption is going to suck in any case.

Eventually, should you decide to stick with lasers, bumping up to a tach Nightmare or Paladin (pulse or tach) will make sense.

2 Likes

I see that much depends on can I have T2 large pulses?
It’s 44 days for me. Is it worth it? Or should I try different BS? From caldari or gallente? Go to skilling missiles instead of lasers?

Armageddon. Because you have full control over your damage type selection on missiles and drones and the ability to hit at significant ranges with that ship. You also get to choose between the dump and reload of rapid heavy missile launchers or the constant slow hits of cruise missiles as your secondary weapon system… because drones are you primary on that ship.

If you choose rapid heavy missile launchers you’ll likely need to use couple rigs on velocity and max travel time to push your heavy missiles to having that 60k+ range that reaches everything’s orbit range. There is also a significant reload time, but its counter balanced by the fact that the RHMLs are absolute murder on the smaller ships so the only thing that takes time to really clear are the enemy battleships.

With the choice of cruise missiles you really should look into at least one missile precision rig and a missile computer with a precision script so that you at least get somewhat reasonable application versus cruisers, but for destroyers and frigates you are going to need to rely on the drones… which isn’t that bad because the Armageddon is primary a drone ship anyways. The extreme range of cruise missiles also means this setup has an easier time of utilizing sentry drones which combined with the missiles will tear larger ships to pieces rather fast. However if you run sentries you basically need to give up one of your two Nos highs for a drone control range module.

If you absolutely want to use lasers in the majority of Amarr space missions you actually want to also skill into Caldari battleships to qualify for using a Nightmare. At which point you can abuse Tachyons, but you’ll need some significant tracking and cap control to really push it.

There is also a side benefit to using the Armageddon. Using a True Sansha Heavy Nos or two which only runs you about 6-7m isk each nets you over 45K Nos range! Making cap stability even on a fit with a bling deadspace rep significantly easier.

2 Likes

I have two goto fits for amarr pve. I don’t even think about the geddon anymore as eh drones + missiles, sounds awful to me, as a pvp ship with some neuts great, for pve not interested at all. Navy geddon can do some crazy things but at that point I think it’s probably better to go with the nightmare.

Some general stuff:

1. Nightmare is the end goal. It’s a big step up from the t1 amarr line, and a top tier mission ship. Probably my #3 ship behind the mach and paladin.
  2. When it comes to cap anything with several cap recharge mods and over 5mins is effectively cap stable. On long missions you might want to stagger the rep some to save a little cap, but with the large cap buffers and multiple recharge mods you get a lot of time near peak recharge.
  3. Mid range ammo uses less cap so if you get into cap trouble it might make sense to drop to xray or standard. Ammo swaps are easy for lasers take advantage.
  4. I’m not 100% sure on the hardeners, might be better to go one of each and then use a reactive armor hardener.
  5. You could probably do cap injected setups, but I haven’t tried those on the t1 amarr ships.
  6. Cap implants are nice to have. there’s a slot 6 and slot 8, and while you are at it might as well get the slot 9 and 10 damage implants, and a slot 7 tracking implant.

Now for the fits first the apoc, it’s a pretty standard pulse fit. t2 guns are a big upgrade thanks to scorch. I like the locus rigs as they give more optimal than a tracking comp, but you could probably also swap to cap rigs and then use tracking comps or an AB in the mids. It’s a pretty boring fit but should get you through missions.

[Apocalypse, Pulse pve]
Armor EM Hardener II
Armor EM Hardener II
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Large Armor Repairer II

Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II

Mega Modulated Pulse Energy Beam I, Imperial Navy Multifrequency L

Large Energy Locus Coordinator II
Large Energy Locus Coordinator II
Large Capacitor Control Circuit I

Hammerhead II x5
Hobgoblin II x5

The abaddon is also pretty standard, it’s a cap hog so you might want an extra cap mod. And with megabeams it gets decent damage/range. I remember liking it more than the apoc, but that was multiple balance changes ago. Looks like it can still get better damage at range, but that will be with worse tracking.

[Abaddon, Beams pve]
Large Armor Repairer II
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Armor EM Hardener II
Armor EM Hardener II

Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II
100MN Afterburner II

Hammerhead II x5
Hobgoblin II x5

If he is really new there might be an issues with PG fitting with abaddon since its require maxed support engineering skills. So Apoc is more comfortable in that regard but as CSP mentioned NM is a top tier if you want a lazor platform without training into Marauder.

I checked the fits on my mostly lv4 character which is largely inline with alpha skills so it should fit without a ton of SP. I think you should mostly be able to get the support skills up to lv4 while running level 3s, and then make the jump to lv4s. Without those skills you can probably still do lv4s but they are going to be so slow it just isn’t worth it, and I believe that stands for whatever ship you want to go for.

And why use two different kind of drones?

The Hobgoblin is a light scout to use vs frigates and destroyers (and other drones), the Hammerhead is a medium scout to use vs cruisers, battlecruisers and so on. So lights to keep the small stuff off you, mediums to help finish off bigger stuff.

Ofc you could also select drones based on what damage type you want to do.

2 Likes

yep a bunch of battleships have 75m3 which holds 5 lights 5 mediums. It’s a pretty good all around mix, having the 5 mediums to add some dps on battleships can be very useful with lower skills. Years ago I’d just run hammerheads for everything but since then medium drones got nerfed, drone aggro changed, and mediums got buffed.

The other options I’d suggest would be 3 different flights of lights, that way you don’t have to spend time swapping drones and pretty much always have the right drones. I typically have hobgobs, hornets, and acolytes. As they are lights they don’t take much aggro and they are also the fastest so they get on target and return to ship quicker than mediums. And on a ship like the paladin you get 75m3 of drone bay but only 25 bandwidth so you can only really use lights anyways.

Or one flight of lights and a pair of sentry drones. With drone aggro and travel time sentries are great, instant damage on target and you can scoop them if they take aggro. but only using two at a time is pretty niche. A ship like the machariel has 125m3 of drone bay but only 100 bandwidth so 5 lights + 4 sentry drones works great.

I never used sentry drones. Are they not included in 5 drones operation limit?

yeah you need 125mb for 5 sentries
and you have to sit on top of them while you use them
i always prefer lights and mediums because you can keep up your mobility and recall them whenever you want
you cant recall sentries because they dont really move and you have to be in range to scoop them

1 Like

you can orbit them and snipe if you want mobility tank but even then you still gotta get to the next gate
i just prefer lights and mediums as i make my way across the field towards a gate
and then i just orbit the gate if everything isn’t dead by the time i reach it

like I said they are niche. there are a few missions where you can sit still and they work well. Something like gone berserk where there aren’t many frigs, and everything spawns pretty spread out. I’d rather have the 2 sentries than make lights/meds chase everything all over the place. Then there are a bunch of missions where I would rather have lights or mediums. Pretty much anywhere that you have to burn to a gate or objective.

That and they are pretty off spec for the laser lineup, I wouldn’t make them a priority. I only ever trained Sentries for the ishtar/domi or carriers back when carriers still used normal drones. Now amarr has some drone ships, but I see the geddon as a pvp brawler more than a mission ship.

1 Like

The Sansha and Blood Raider level 4 Blockade and Dread Pirate Scarlet are some of those missions where a sentry Armageddon does shine and don’t cost as much as a paladin or nightmare.

arent you meant to race through like 2 or 3 gates for that one

Ah yes you do but the gates are only 25km away and you can warp around in the room.

A little geometry and 2 mjd jumps put you on the gate and the last room doesn’t require you to move at all.

I just can’t see the geddon out performing the paladin in either version of the blockade. Nightmare maybe in the sansha version thanks to TDs, but not the blood version. As for Dread Pirate, well it’s been years since I’ve done anything but arty mach blitz it so I’m not exactly sure what you mean by “outperform” but I’d say almost any well fit ship could MWD through the first and second rooms, then blap in the third and loot the implant then warp out, ignoring that last room. But if we are talking full clear, well idgaf

You’d be surprised what difference in incoming damage you get just from moving 100 m/s. That made the difference between struggling to tank and being able to stay topped off in a rough 5/10 I was attempting in a Rattlesnake.

As far as Hardeners go, I personally prefer specific ones for the faction you face, and i’d even say sticking around Amarr friendly areas where the rats are weaker to thermal/em and your base resists are higher, makes tanking easier.