Pvp in a pair

Hey guys,
I and my friend were scanners for a really long time. And we want to start pvp. Any suggestions for a fleet of two? Whole info in net is about solo or fleet…
Just want to figure out best ships and tactics for duo…

I think, if you’re starting out, a good option would be to fit both ships like you’re solo, and try and tackle+kill things you think one ship can handle.

Once you’ve gotten relatively comfortable with getting the initial tackle on things (holding them long enough to kill them) and getting out when you are out shipped/out numbered start to target ‘bigger’ prey and maybe look to include additional ewar on one ship (sensor damps/neuts) and go from there.

So I’d start with 2x frigs (or cruisers, whatever your isk holdings can maintain) fit for solo pvp and start roaming through FW space looking for things to kill in the appropriate sized FW Plex.

Depending on skills (pilot and SP) there probably won’t be a lot of difference between 1 or two ships in a lot of fights (i.e. you will either stomp the enemy, or get melted). Learning to ‘pick a fight’ is the hard part. :slight_smile:

Best of luck, fly dangerous!

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

2 Likes

Thanks, bro

I tried pvp in a pear, always found a banana a better option tho…

Enjoy your pvping whatever you do, i tend to hunt in wh’s these days however not much about. You could cloak up a pvp strat at a relic / data site and use another strat or gnosis (or any other ship of your choice) as a bait ship to run the site. Make sure you have a web and scram fitted to hold until your cloaky ship can lock and engage. Depends on how much patience you have really. All of my pvp buddies have moved on over the years and i only tend to solo hunt now as i dont have rl time to commit to pvp corps. :slightly_frowning_face:

Good tactic. We thought about making a trap… The point is to know, if there is a ship of a need size somewhere and if he is alone or not

asteros, x2

Hunt relic data sites in low sec.

very good isk on the tec2 covert ships.

[Astero, *…]
Small Ancillary Armor Repairer
Small Armor Repairer II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Damage Control II

Coreli C-Type 5MN Microwarpdrive
Warp Scrambler II
Warp Scrambler II
Small Capacitor Booster II

Covert Ops Cloaking Device II
Core Probe Launcher II

Small Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Small Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Small Anti-Explosive Pump I

Warrior II x5
Hobgoblin II x5
Hornet EC-300 x5

Sisters Core Scanner Probe x16
Nanite Repair Paste x75
Navy Cap Booster 200 x14

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.