I’m a Caldari Alpha clone interested in learning the ropes of solo PvP. Based on my reading, the best option is Faction Warfare: take a blaster-Merlin and/or missile-Condor into Novice Plexes and duke it out. Here is what I’m thinking:
- Buy 30 Merlins and 30 Condors
- Create a cheap fit (i.e., <5M) for each hull, since I’m going to mess up and die anyway!
- Burn through 5-10 of each hull, just to get a feel for things
- Create a better fit (i.e., <10M) for more earnest practice
- Burn through 10-20 of each hull
- Create a “best” (Alpha…) fit, and burn through 5 of each hull
- Decide whether to stick with it (i.e., sub long-term and find a corp)
Just wondering if anyone has any feedback on this approach? Too ambitious? Too naive?Would you recommend different starter hulls, different activities, different progression? Any fits you would like to put up for consideration?
Any help is really appreciated!