PVP - Scrams and Webs and Stabs

In order to return and fight back, you first need to be able to break lock, break scram and beat any mwd and kill or survive whatever ship is attacking you. My way, you are at least making them earn their kill. Ganking is too easy imo.

You do not need any of that. Just lock them and start Fighting Back. If they kill you, they already earn your kill because they were aware of your position; probably doing intel; and approach you without you noticing so they have a chance to take you by surprise.

If you think that if someone kills you because they gank you, is a free kill, you do not understand PvP in EvE. There are no free kills in EvE, only people who do not care about them selfs and their surroundings.

I would rather prefer to remove warp stabilizers from the game. They are boring, safe and reduce probability of fight(therefore content) in the game. Absolutely unnecessary module. Also they’re massively used by bots, so removing them would make life of botters harder.

They remove content for you, worth noting, but as owner of that ship perhaps had plans of having some content for himself, and you just “burn” hour+ of his time he spent for preparation and moving this ship into position where it would be useful to create this content for him. So you forced him into another hour+ of boring travels and ship assembling. It doesn’t seem like he is having a lot of fun, does it?

And that’s how Eve is - in 80% of cases it’s either you gank somebody, which is fun only to one side of this encounter, obviously, due to what topic starter tried to point, as the other side in such case have zero ability to fight back, and simply suck in damage, awaiting its demise; or you’re being ganked. Actually, I don’t see much fun in such PvP even being on the side which is ganking, especially taking into account you have to first find your victim, and due to how “fun” all this content is, there are few people who willingly wish to participate in its “generation”, so you must spend hours on this hunt, often catching nobody. At some point you understand that you can get much more fun from PvP and with much less time invested by simply doing duels at stations in hs.

1 Like

So you’re concerned that you have to scan someone down before you immobilize them and take their ship?
Well, okay… but High-sec PvP and gate camps need a lot less preparation. Fly through Narja one day :slight_smile:

Just go to wormholes mate, theres plenty of mouse/cat chases there :wink:
If you want a ship that doesnt go pop when its 4v1, then you need to go big or go home. Very few sub caps can effectively handle a small gang alone.
What you want is basically a “get out of jail free” card. Theres already plenty of options to avoid gatecamps and plenty of ships that can fly right through them, in seconds. Not to mention a ton of resources to find said gatecamps.

If you fit your ship to die the second its immobilized, then fly it like that and kite for your life. If you fit a brick tank, you want people to immobilize you, so you can beat them down, while they think they have the upper hand.

Theres no such thing as the best ship or the best module, everything in eve is 100% situational and the fit you just wrecked 3 people with, can still be stopped easily by the right counter.

3 Likes

Yeah… sense. Still thinking about my Ashimmu tho… had a good fight, but with a 75km jump I could have taken a couple of them with me.

There is zero reason to nerf points or webs, and zero reason to buff stabs and turn them into MJDs.

Scrams also turn off MJDs. But assuming it’s just a point+web, sounds like you’re just bad at controlling range. Don’t hate the game, hate the player (yourself).

The salt is strong with this one.

Aaaaand this is where I stopped reading. “Waah I got ganked”. Your fault was in getting tackled. Expecting some magical ability to moonwalk out of a fight you don’t want is nothing short of asinine. Your options:

1. Scout yourself with an alt or with a friend
  2. Use a webbing ship if you’re in something haul-y
  3. Don’t fly a half-billion nestor into a wormhole with a half billion in your pod (I assume you were in the process of yanking them when you got podded?), unless you’re ready to lose them?
1 Like

See, I saw the title of the thread and said to myself “there’s no way any dev would ever seriously consider this”, so I just decided to have fun with the idea and take it to its logical conclusion. I feel like some of us are getting a little too defensive here.

lol… and yeah… there was a half mill nestor as well… but I’ve been away from the game for a couple of years and pvp just seems too static… and you can’t always get moving quick enough to dodge the scrams… as an old pervert I’d have thought you would have come across that yourself.

The plugs hurt tho lol…

As you’ve been away, a word on the current meta:

Mobility. Kitey ■■■■■■■■ everywhere.

You’re way better off using a frigate for your exploration, at most a Stratios. The Nestor is simply WAY too slow to escape any kind of pvp, and flying a slow ship should never excuse one from pvp whenever they wish it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.