PVP turn off feature

Indeed, that’s why you scout or you ask people, you know, it takes preparation to do things safely.
Concerning the PVP nerfs i have automatic warp out after some time to prevent bumping and the autopilot nerf that come to my mind, but as it never was my cup of tea my knowledge is limited.

Whatever, this game needs more destruction, everywhere, not more safety.
It was completely dumb from CCP to nerf isk making with this scarcity :poop: , i know a good number of people who’d return if whaling was something again.

Why waste the time for all that when Tranquility will get the same treatment shortly after the Chinese redo is considered a success? It’s coming. The salt that will be mined by the PvE’ers when the PvP’ers finally realize it will be legendary.

I wonder if suspect baiting will still be possible or will safeties be locked to green in hi-sec. Any info on that? Though I guess once the changes hit the chinese server we’ll learn soon enough.

It was stated in the original announcement all safeties in high sec will be locked to green.

1 Like

I think that turning off PVP is a terrible idea. The whole point of a space game like this is that space is supposed to be dangerous.

When I first started playing this game, I was told to never fly something you’re not prepared to lose and to remember that if you are not docked, you are not safe. I avoid PVP like the plague, but it’s the constant threat of PVP that keeps the game exciting.

If anyone wants to play a space game where they can turn PVP off, then I would suggest that Elite (not) Dangerous is the game for them.

NB: I like Elite Dangerous too.

2 Likes

Log onto the SiSi server, PVE to your hearts content.

1 Like

As someone who has been mostly a PVE’er, NO! Space is dangerous, accept the risks, or go play on the test server. Ships being destroyed, lost modules…even if they are shiny Meta 14s, etc all create value in attaining those items and a sense of accomplishment when you bling out your ship. Conversely if you don’t want to be a target, just T2 fit your ship and enjoy the content being more difficult for not having those shiny items. Not to mention, destruction drives manufacturing value, and gives miners (who are also PVE’er) more rewards.

2 Likes

Like i said, in the last year or so they made it more and more dangerous and more in favour for those who want to do PVP.
They made it to dangerous
They have to restore the balance
They have to give PVE-ers an advantage over PVP-ers also

They already have an advantage its called home advantage if someone comes to attack you you have 50 in your alliance ready to help and only 1 to 25 attackers.

Danger = more reward so if they make it less dangerous you will earn less because more people will do it so there really is no point in making it safer only more prosperous.

I agree that I don’t like PvP - in fact a few years ago I stopped playing and mothballed my character for just that. But after a good break I came back - as I realised that PvP is essential to my preferred game play. I’m an industrialist - mining ores, planetery production and manufacturing.

I realised that the people who buy my products are the very PvP players I wish to avoid. No PvP - no PvE.

So how do I stay alive? As already said - find a quiet system - not 1.0 go for something 0.5 is about right (lots of them about these days) get slippery and watch local. You’ll still get caught occasionally - but not as often as you might think.

1 Like

Not everyone wants to play in a big Nullsec alliance

As a solo player its even easier to pve becuase you can go where the reward is good vs the risk without worrying about corp mates wanting to move too.

Just use your brain and plan.

Perfect safety means very little reward so always try find a good balance and don’t be scared to loose ship’s just fly cost effective.

The question is do you want to make 40mil an hour in 99% safety with a 400mil ship, 300mil an hour in 40% safety with a 200mil ship or 600-800mil an hour with 50% saftey in a 6bil ship.

The first one is a hulk mining in high sec, the 2nd in npc null missions in frigates the 3rd is abyss t6 gila.

2 Likes

Can you explain which new mechanics bother you and how?

1 Like

REmoval of interdiction nullification from interceptors and Blockade runners
Tech 3 nullification subsystem
Orca needed to siege and use fuel to mine
Only one warp core stab can be fitted
The need to pass trhough a low sec system (abhazon) to move from Amarr to Jita .
Smartbombs that damage ships while in warp.
No counters to all of that
It only advantages the PVP-ers.
How are those things in any advantage for PVE-ers?
Interdiction nullified module is a just a bad joke considering that works when activated before entering warp and the imense cooldown and the need to know if there is a buble or not on the outgate. Also if you discover there is a buble after you passed through the gate is worthless.
And no i dont want to pay subscription to Twitch.
Why is not CCP Show me the dangers in game not me needing to go on other platforms

I don’t see where the orca thing is pvp related, BR were never interdiction nullified. And for the route to Amar, sorry but there is a 100% hisec route, if it’s too long for you, you can risk yourself through Vecamia, it’s way quieter now. Interdiction nullified modules are pretty nice, you can safely jump in a wh and escape bubbles now. The warp core stabs were horrible modules and i never used those as i always prefered speed and agility to escape pirates.
I don’t understand your rant about twich. The game has never been as safe as it is now, all the risks you talked about can be mitigated with a bit of preparation.

1 Like

Some of us have longer memories.

Ten years ago:

• There was no interdiction nullification concept, at all.
  • No specialized mining holds. You either needed a hauler buddy sitting with you on-grid, or jetcan mine. Seemed that every high sec system had one suspect baiter based on those jetcans.
  • Gankers per usual.
  • Player bounties. You got a player bounty on your head for no reason.
  • Cheap wardecs. Your corp got wardec’d for no reason.
  • Far more gatecamping in low sec.
  • Infinite bumping.

Before that you could tank CONCORD, there were no gate guns, and warping to a gate put you approx 10km away so you needed bookmarks to land on 0 on the gate.

If anything the game has become safer over the years.

6 Likes

there was no interdiction nulltifiers 5 years ago
THe game eveolved and needs to evolve more defenetly not removing it
NO specialized miing holds was 5 years ago also
No1 cares or cared about player bounties coz you cannot claim all the bounty from 1 kill
wardecs could have easily avoided sticking in NPC corps or just make your own solo corporation and change it everytime you get wardeced. was always easy avoidable. it does not count
infinite bumping happened and is happeninig even as we type.
Tanking Concord maybe 10 years ago idk

So if I understand you right, you’re disputing the claim that “the game has gotten safer” the past 10 years?

1 Like

I pay the subscription to play not to waste my time traveling for hours just not to be dragged by force int PVP and be blown up for some1 else`s amusment.

The changes you ware talking about happend before i started playng probably thats what i am sayng