Q1 2020 Economy Review

You seem to miss that while filaments get you a higher probabilty for encounters, they also get you an easy mean from escaping encounters.

I´m sick of wandering “pvp” gangs that roll on filaments constantly just to kill lone ratters and miners, and when facing some degree of response ( even when odds are in their favour ) they just filament out.

It´s funny how you can´t have risk-free PvE but you can have all the risk-free PvP you want.

5 Likes

When you gonna press them with your mouse middle button…

2 Likes

Correct. That’s why there must be introduced some of counter play for filaments and more limits. So you can’t spam filaments all day long.

Filaments create contend only for one side and gives only one side ability to dictate rules of engagement.
You need good combat probers to find them warping between safe spots (waiting for timer to end) and if they have cloack fitted you can’t do anything.

But since numbers are increasing across the board. CCP probably got them self cocky and will ignore problem.

1 Like

Well, the graph does say “total isk avaiable to active characters”

Pity we can’t occasionally get an Economic Newsletter like the one Dr. Eyjólfur Guðmundsson produced back in 2007. I recognize that it would be a lot of work! The old one should be an interesting read for newer industrialists.

My concern with the current quarterly review is that there is no mention of the economic indicies. The disconnect between the primary and secondary producer price indicies is strange - have the definitions changed or are people liquidating stockpiles?

1 Like

They clearly state they’re asking players. Maybe it’s a language issue here, but they’re clearly not implying they’re asking everyone. That’s just in your head.

There’s tons of evidence on reddit of the contrary. Dare I say you simply want to complain.

1 Like

An oft-mentioned measure from players on valuing worth of time in-game is how many hours of their “average work” it takes to be able to PLEX their account. Player reports and other indicators suggest this number has been going down in most places, although of course it depends on the specific type of work.

i dont ■■■■■■■ care about plexing my accounts…
i need more time to get the same isk amount now, and i need now more isk to buy same things as before scarity nerf.

HOW ABOUT WHO BUY PLEX FOR $$$$ AND SALES FOR ISK. ARE THEY HAPPY WITH 50% LESS ISK NOW?

just get rid of account plexing and you dont need to ■■■■ your playerbase with scarity and nerfs anymore.

has made mining more profitableer unit sold

just LULZ…its maybe pfofitable for bots. any other activity is profitabler than that ■■■■…
look at statistics… delve mining king dropped mining AMOUNT not value more than by 12 times. yeahhh very profitable ■■■■ is that.

3 Likes

No. It gives content to both sides. It’s just that the other side didn’t ask for it, but that doesn’t change that it’s content for both sides. A willingness for participation is not required for something to be content. Triglavians are content, too, just like it is content when they blow up an afk miner. There is no problem outside of your imagination. (Un)willingness to participate can be expressed by staying docked. When you undock, you clearly express willingness to participate. That’s EVE ONLINE.

4 Likes

You completely missed my point. But whatever, maybe someone else will take bait.

1 Like

Shhhhh. I was trying to be a little more subtle about it, Steve. :wink:

1 Like

So an “economy review” based on people’s feelings and not through a data driven approach based on actual data? This is just a self gratification post without showing what the actual health of the economy is. But I guess do whatever that makes you “feel” good.

2 Likes

No. The content is just for one side, because either the travelling gang lands on a defenseless target ( so only they get content ) or they land in a zone where they find a response, in wich case they filament out effecitvely denying content.

Unless you have filaments in your cargo, in which case you can just escape participation at will and 100% riskfree

Get the filaments 1hr cooldown and weapons timer along inability to cloak and it will be truly content for everyone.

You activate a SCIFI device that will teletransport you to an awesome random adventure at your own will? Okay, then FACE what you find in the other side, or escape it by conventional means if you can. But don´t click “NEXT” like a chaturbate spaceship edition.

1 Like

Very interesting writeup! I guess CCP (or should I say PA?) have employed a decent economist :slight_smile:

I think its wonderful that the economic health of the game is so much better now. The bigger problem though for me is that the economic health of my characters is so much worse now than it was in 4th quarter last year. I have resorted to selling off assets that I worked hard for so that I can keep playing. If you hadn’t told me, I would have thought that the economy was way worse than it was because my economic health is way worse. You say botting is still a big issue. I have never botted, but my income from ratting has been ridiculously curtailed in an effort to thwart the botters… that doesn’t make it fairer for me really… just harder. I now have to work 3 times as much to get half the rewards. It doesn’t make sense and personally I think anyone who believes that the general economy is so much better has forgotten to look at what matters most… the economy of the average player whose income has been dramatically slashed due to nerfs and game development intended to do exactly what it has done. It makes characters poor.

5 Likes

This line indicates the problem is you, as I was not baiting. I don’t even know why you would believe so, unless you somehow believe that you’re correct, which you simply aren’t, but can’t handle that. Rest assured that I’m not trying to bait you, because that’s pointless. If you rather believe what you wish to believe, instead of looking at it objectively, then so be it. It does not change that content is not a one sided thing in EVE and that whenever someone encounters someone else in whatever way, it is always content for both.

If I missed some point, then maybe you should elaborate. All I’ve seen is that you misunderstand what “content” is in this game and wrongly believe that people should be able to choose if they wish to “be” content, which makes no sense in EVE ONLINE unless you wish to stay docked, or cloaked, without doing literally anything ever.

2 Likes

So you’re saying that, when I get thrown into a random nullsec system, I’ve managed to evade any and all risk, despite being in nullsec.

Gotcha.

There is a fifteen minute cooldown timer. That is already pretty long. I don’t understand the reasoning for your complaints and you fail to actually present any reason beyond how you seem to think about it. No explanation of why it needs to be done, except “hurr durr people are safe” which isn’t logical, because you’re being thrown into a random nullsec system with a fifteen minute timer, in which you are by no means safe unless you manage to stay cloaked or docked.

I’m wondering if you’re intentionally exaggerating, just talk yourself into hating it, or simply don’t know how it works. What you’re describing is not possible.

In any case: I liked the devblog. It’s good news. That’s all that really matters.

1 Like

How has income from ratting been changed?

Yes, because you can get thrown to another in just 15 mins while avoiding probes by constantly moving, until you find the defenseless target you are looking for, or the hisec connection you need to escape.

1 Like

just strap cloack to it and enable it same second you spawn in null system. after 15 minutes, disable cloack, pop filament = content for everyone!

Anti-botting has decreased the amount of minerals and ISK coming into the economy, and coupled with mineral changes increasing the value of minerals, has made mining more profitable per unit sold. Along with the price of PLEX going down while active ISK is going up, the cumulative effect is that in important segments of the game, the value of the labor hour seems to be increasing.

Literally no one is mining because its miserable to do at this point. The active isk is also going up because of returning players and they’re going to find out that making money is actually kind of awful in the current state of the game.

3 Likes