Quantum Cores - Updates begin 8 September

Tbh I agree.

Theres someone in the other thread complaining they will have difficulty building their 80 JFs a month.

Well obviously that person wouldnt have a problem paying that much, would they?

This is how much one hisec Raitaru close to Jita earns:

2020-01-31:  -253,632,081.95
2020-02-29:  -199,316,978.00
2020-03-31:  -108,461,086.00
2020-04-30:  78,382,316.00
2020-05-31:  -119,501,264.00
2020-06-30:  -153,754,633.00
2020-07-31:  -188,630,616.00
2020-08-31:  -192,901,517.00

The only reason I keep it going, is that people are using it, some quite a lot (it was even offered to one of them, but they never replied), and as an industrialist myself I realize what a PITA it is when services run out of fuel, or structures close.

2 Likes

An astrahus costs about 820 million on the market. The core for that costs 600 mil. The astrahus plus the core costs 1420 million. This will not discourage a big bloc alliance from putting them up all over, but it WILL discourage the little guy from putting one up.

This will, like you said, allow you to charge more for your services, such as office rentals, refining fees, etc. because there will be a lot less structures around.

I have to make a jump to reprocess ore. When that structure is destroyed, I will have to make 2 jumps to reprocess. When that structure is destroyed, I will have to go even further to reprocess my ores. Bigger alliances are not going to put up structures to replace all the little guy structures that service the areas that are served now. This hurts everyone in HS. CCP should not require cores in HS.

PLUS, there will be a lot less places to compress ore! The main place where I was compressing my ore was taken down because of the future core requirement.

1 Like

That reminds me of another broken thing that needs to be fixed - free compression. How can there be a functional market for providing services if you can’t even charge for compression services?

If CCP does want a professional station owning class to fill any gaps left by the increase risk/cost of structures, they need also to look at this.

1 Like

what about free repair? Do you like it?

Stanislaw Borewicz
So the only wining move is not to play.

Unfortunately, I think too many people are going to figure this out and this great game is going to die!

Well, the free repair function of the tether is dumb in the first place (POSes never repaired you for free inside the shields), but if you are going to have that then there is no point charging for repair services inside.

This was product of the hopefully bygone age of dumbing down the game. However, repair is a pretty small chunk of the service fees:

so I don’t think CCP should waste much time on it, but it also is a little strange it is the only service that players can’t charge for yet. Maybe just make it free everywhere and be done with it.

64B is small chunk? ist is only 64B because only unknowing newbies using this.

When I knew after my first months of playing that I could repair for FREE I was very angry that I didn’t know it before. Especially since the newbies also know little about armorreps and use shields fittings most of the time. (so if armor goes red, they rep this for isk)

I don’t even want to think what the actual fee would be if you had to pay for all repairs. Entire WH/Null space pay nothing for this. (@CCP you know what to do. 5% flat npc fee in citadels pls)

where are you getting this number?

From CCP

But the guy is complaining about free repairs from citadels, which is already NOT included in that number… (because it’s free)…

Don’t ask me - I just posted where he got the numbers from - anyway there’s no charge for someone using repair drones on your ship either.

Well, the button inside is instant… the tether can take awhile to rep all damaged mods and drones.

Hell, sometimes it gets “stuck” and seems to refuse to finish repping your drones hull/armor damage, in fact.

So, I could see adding a charge inside that station owner can make some ISKies off of, some to the NPCs as a sink, and make the tether rep even slower outside to encourage using it.

1 Like

That’s a UI issue. Especially connected to Gurista drone ships. Drones in the bay don’t update, and they also say they are 500% damaged which takes longer etc.

Why do these cores have to increase in size and price? These large structures drop a significant amount of isk in salvage at the least already. There should be 1 core, and it 800 million and 500 m3 for every structure. This would help with the small structures being worth less then the ammo it takes to destroy them on the drops and not mess with the rest of the structures.

And why can’t they be in the blueprints as a component to build it instead of a add on? Just add them to the BPOs and move on. That why the space junk already in space get these inserted right into them already. And that will actually apply this fix to the space junk that is hanging around the game already. This process doesn’t do anything for what is already in space.

You got that right i had a member join my corp steal all my corp assets because I wouldn’t give him pvp and he also get threatened by him out of game that he was going to blow all my stuff up and ddos me evertime i played the game and when I reported it they tel me to report to police so I ask a friend how to stop him a get him off my back he told me fight fire with fire told me how to do a thing called doxin did that he reported me and I get ban talk about one sided and protect the bully’s in this game

Funniest thing Ive read all week, tbqfh

Now that corps have to invest more isk in structures maybe some of the player structures need some reworking . All structures should be able to refit even if RF’D exception being armour plates and the athanor and rait should get a fighter tube. And if high sec moon mining becomes a thing again only pilots with blue standing or corp members should only be able to mine the rocks without going suspect…

2 Likes

In that case… we were paid to remove that structure from space by another industrialist that understand how having friends or paying for them works.

Otherwise we would not have bothered.

I am hoping that rivalries due to resource adjustments would revive the old “these rocks are mine attitude” of industrials of old and pay people to forcibly remove others from system. Weather it be through structure removal, or ganking or just bumping them away everytime they enter system.

1 Like

The minimum cost of dropping a station is about 1.2 billion and the core is not recoverable.