So Quantum cores are about the worst idea CCP has had yet.
How this is being handled for existing station owners is the equivalent of stealing from those station owners and is akin to demanding “protection money”.
- CCP says pay 800 million for your 540 million raitaru or it goes into abandon mode subject to immediate destruction and loot pinata!
- CCP says you don’t have to get your structure blown up, you can always un-anchor it and we “CCP” are giving you time to do so…What CCP ignores in that is the lost in “billions” of is kin rigs on that raitaru.
- So CCP has put existing station owners in a position of either having to pay the isk for the power core or lose an equivalent or more in rigs and or station assets.
CCP should fix this by:
- install power cores automatically in all existing stations (if their is an isk issue have them be redeemable for “zero” isk by creating a separate power core which has zero isk value)
- Existing stations with these power cores would allow removal of rigs on these stations so station owners can take them down without penalty. When they then take them down the worthless power core doesn’t drop.
The two of these together insure that existing station owners are not subject to the “RANSOM” that CCP is doing. There should be ZERO change in this for existing station owners. IF CCP wants new stations to need the powercores and wants to sell them as an additional isk sink thats fine but existing station owners should not be “Damaged” by this change.
Also one other thing of note going forward. Powercores should not be more than 20%-30% of the value of ANY structure. Right now Large corp/alliance structures the powercore price is only 20-30% of the base hull price (keepstars/sotiyos). But for a raitaru or an athanor as aan exampe its 160% and 120% of the base structure value respectively. I guess this is designed to kill small corps and insure blue donut is the only game left in town?