Quantum Cores = Mafia Protection Money = Kill Small Corps

Anderson gets a lot of hate on these forums, but I believe she is being authentic. Perhaps the announcement is unclear in some way we didn’t notice.

1 Like

I genuinely cannot believe someone has difficulty parsing this paragraph.

The final phase for the rollout of Quantum Cores will see some basic services that all structures offer become disabled until a core is installed.

Nowhere does it say that your structures will immediately enter Low Power or Abandoned statuses. I feel like if it were THAT important, CCP would have used those words. This sentence implies that the structure (along with its RF timers and all) will be fine and that the only thing impacted as these “basic services”.

Without a core installed, ship fitting, tethering, and ship/module repair services will be disabled.

Explicitly stating which “basic services” will be impacted. Note, again, there is zero mention of timers, reinforcement, etc. You should take it as an implication that those are NOT impacted at all.

As soon as the core is installed into the structure, these services will become operational again.

Finally, again, no mention of timers, no mention of reinforcement. A simple sentence stating that “these services”, referring to those “basic services” mentioned in the previous sentence, will become operational again.

I don’t believe this complaint is genuine. They have been told by the dev blog AND by CCP that what they think will happen WILL NOT HAPPEN. CCP Rattiti explicitly says that timers and reinforcement cycles are NOT impacted by this, yet they persist in claiming that it does based on an intentional misreading of the text.

All I see is someone who WANTS to play the victim, has found a convenient way to interpret a word wrongly, and despite assurances from CCP that something they fear will NOT happen, refuses to accept it. Because the alternative is to accept that they’re wrong and only doing this because they want to be a victim. It’s just peak tumblr level outrage culture manifesting at this point.

1 Like

peak. outrage. culture.

1 Like

and then we have…

Anyone wonder why?

1 Like

Because he answered to my argument with insults. That’s why. That’s literally the quote I answered to.

But do you finally understand what they trying to tell you?

The “finally” is implying I was not, which is wrong.

In other words, no. Meh. It’s still fun to read.

In other word, your question is dishonest.

him: “waahh, it says required !”

everyone else, including CCP: “yeah, it’s “required” if you want to continue enjoying those 3 amenities”

him: “but it says required!!! why are you making it REQUIREEEEEEEED?”

1 Like

How so?

In the way I explained you.

Which was?

With all the doom and gloom, I just couldn’t help it…

@Anderson_Geten

ROLLOUT

There will be three distinct phases which will be communicated further closer to the time of each phase. Whilst the first one will go live on 8 September, the next phase will go live in October and the final phase in January 2021.

1. Seeding - 8 September 2020
  2. Required for new structures – 13 October 2020
  3. Required for existing structures - 12 January 2021

Expanding on Phase 3:

Required for existing structures

The final phase for the rollout of Quantum Cores will see some basic services that all structures offer become disabled until a core is installed. Without a core installed, ship fitting, tethering, and ship/module repair services will be disabled. As soon as the core is installed into the structure, these services will become operational again. This phase is expected to go live in the December update.

Since there is no ‘December update’ in the timeline, this suggests it is a relic of a prior deployment calendar and should read ‘January update’. CCP has absolutely made typos in posts before - today’s patch notes released with the original core sizes rather than the revised sizes for the largest cores and had to be edited.

Indeed, that’s possible.

But at least they admit it as soon as they see it. And then correct it. Give it another week to catch it all.

Indeed. This isn’t a criticism of CCP - rather, an acknowledgement that since CCP is staffed by humans, errors are possible. When viewed with said human capacity for error in mind, the mismatch in release dates Anderson is reacting to is likely a text error representing a singular phase with the well-defined impact rather than two separate stages of implementation with different levels of impact, the latter of which lacks any description.

Nah, I was just reaffirming that thought. As much as I pick on CCP, I still have hope. The more they post, the more hope I have. More communication from CCP these days will help a lot.

1 Like

Acknowledging that you were wrong is not a bad trait, you know.