Quantum Cores - Updates begin 8 September

Greetings,

We have just released a dev blog explaining the next changes to structures. Please use this thread to share your feedback and discuss the content with other players.

13 Likes

:crazy_face:

6 Likes

:red_circle:

5 Likes

I like it!

3 Likes

effects on the field to be seen, but could be interesting !

2 Likes

Also what exactly is the reason for this change? It doesn’t feel like it fixes anything or even improves anything. It feels like it is creating a problem then making a solution for that problem.

Nvm didn’t see there was more to the dev blog

4 Likes

So now you will always get 800m minimum for destroying a structure (After the 2021 deadline) This is a very good change, thank you.

13 Likes

from what I understand it is not player built (at least at first) and “guarantee” some reward from the destruction of the citadel

4 Likes

I want to know if they can be surreptitiously removed from a structure. This looks mad cool though since now there’s a point to bashing structures beyond crappy salvage.

3 Likes

Acceptable change.

Still waiting for small upwell structures.

14 Likes

visibly the only way to get it back is to remove the structure from the grid (unanchoring/destruction)

I see the reasoning behind it, however one important aspect to consider, why put up any hisec indy structures at this point?

15 Likes

Vanity.

Um…so…now that players are making structures like rabbits are making bunnies, they’re trying to give some incentive to kill all the bunnies? Is that it?

17 Likes

Now that I actually read the whole thing the only issue I could see is making it hard for smaller corps to get into the business as it effectively doubles their startup cost.

39 Likes

I don’t see a huge difference beyond an increased upfront cost? If you can defend it, then the core should make no difference, and if you can’t but are actively running jobs, there’s already an incentive to nuke it.

Sounds good to limit structure spam and to encourage more structure destruction. Also gives even more reason for thieves to show up and try to grab it. :fishing_pole_and_fish: :smiling_imp:

5 Likes

I’m really unsure about the actual impact/use of this. Sure, getting a payout for killing structures is neat, and making these cores a requirement for anchoring structures might slightly disincentivize structure spam, but realistically, the worst offenders easily have the means to scoff at any otherwise reasonable cost on the lower end and will take the hit if they want the Keepstar chain badly enough (hint: they do, the convenience is just too great).
Unless you make the prices high enough that the 250k cores are ludicrously expensive that even the big players can barely afford two or three, it’s not going to matter all that much.

But then, I’m not a structure owner/manager so I’m really not all that impacted by this change.

7 Likes

I don’t expect people like you to see the issue. Cost/lifetime/benefit… Multi-boxing gankbears are awash with cash, hisec indy players less so.

I saw no value in having a structure in hisec, so I gave my structures away, so this change is like NFG’s on a personal level, but I do wonder what will happen to war deckers that go after hisec entities as the pressure and cost mounts on a dwindling prey base, there are more and more systems with no structures.

12 Likes

So what you’re saying is: get all our keepstars anchored before Oct 13, so we don’t need to buy cores for them until mid-December-ish?

9 Likes