Quantum Cores - Updates begin 8 September

@CCP_Dopamine Could the Quantum Cores be used as something to bond citadel skins to?

3 Likes

So you’re Phasing out Pos’s and making every structure cost twice as much… cool I guess?

8 Likes

@CCP_Dopamine
! * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * !
! * * * Could we add these cores to the NPC forward outposts too please?! * * * !
! * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * !

10 Likes

I’m sorry CCP, but what in the holy ■■■■ are you smoking…

43 Likes

This is needlessly complicated, over priced, and will not, in fact, discourage structure spam. It’s just an awkward and meaningless additional layer of game mechanic on top of structures. Wasted effort.

41 Likes

I may just be bitter about the handling of Forsaken Fortress, but I cannot help but read this and go ‘now this is what should have been done to incentivize bashes when adding the Abandoned state, not that Asset Safety disaster of loot pinata creation’.

It’s really disappointing that CCP clearly has the capability to make well-thought-out improvements to the game with phased implementations, yet also manage to deploy dramatic changes in single ‘all or nothing’ iterations that screw over players.

Some might argue that they are taking the phased approach here because of the pushback from Forsaken Fortress. If that is the case - it’s not enough, but at least it is progress.

16 Likes

This is great. Hopefully you build further on this core system, with structures dropping more ISK the more “upgraded” they get. Perhaps defensive bonus or single-system HQs depending on cores.

Core requirements should differ on different areas of space, though. X cores for highsec, X cores for lowsec, X cores for nullsec, X cores for wormholes.

1 Like

While that makes sense from the pov of everything is a legit target in Eve, it’s also a disincentive to upgrade a structure. In other words, it’s a disincentive to become successful.

11 Likes

@CCP_Dopamine what is the process for uninstalling a Quantum Core and will it have its own separate section in the structure profile so that it can be secured separately via ACLs?

2 Likes

Makes it harder and more expensive for the little guy to deploy structures, little to no effect on the big players. Basically more needless nonsense changes from CCP, which is a rudderless ship.

54 Likes

Cool and all, but how do we get it into our C2 for our Keepstar?

9 Likes

Solid change, anyway brave pos boys is looking for a small donation of 400 bil

1 Like

This game keeps getting worse and worse…

21 Likes

RIP small group structures…

41 Likes

@CCP_Dopamine

How does someone get a Keepstar or Sotiyo Quantum Core into a low class wormhole? There are corporations who currently have these structures and live in this class of wormhole. Is it your intention that this is no longer permitted?

25 Likes

ouch.

1 Like

What is the price point for ‘ludicrously expensive’? The 250km cores will cost 30 billion isk - a not insignificant expense on top of the Keepstar itself.

1 Like

They probably didn’t want them there to begin with. I thought I recalled talk that citadel size was originally going to be restricted based on WH class?

To bad this wasnt implemented from the start, but still great news

1 Like

Any corp that thinks 30b is significant shouldn’t be sticking up a Keepstar

2 Likes