Quantum Cores - Updates begin 8 September

I don’t think you understand how rich big null blocs are

4 Likes

Eh. It’s another supercarrier on something that costs 2 titans, and gets used to house supercaps. Not an unreasonable bump.

If the price of the Fortizar is 50% of the Fortizar cost, it really should be 150B for the Keepstars.

3 Likes

This caught my eye:

Without a core installed, fitting, tethering, and repair services will be disabled

does this mean that other services will remain functional - that quantum cores will be “optional” for existing structures if we are willing to live without the fitting, tethering and repair services?

3 Likes

oh def, if 30 bil is too much for a group then i doubt they have big enough toys to justify a keep

You know that 250 km^3 is not equal 250000 m^3? Math doesn’t work like that. And i don’t think that we have freighter with 2.5e+11 m^3 capacity.

4 Likes

SHHHH! That was gonna be hilarious when they implemented it badly!

2 Likes

how little are we talking? its a one time payment of 600 mil for an astra, if they cant afford that why are they putting up their own structure in the first place?

1 Like

To play devils advocate, I would think it is less about the upfront costs, and more about the increased danger of someone being willing to pop it. I can see many groups who were not interested in going after one before, now saying “well we can wardec Corp a, pop their 3 cits and make some good isk”

Still if you can afford it, but can’t defend it…same argument applies :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Interesting timing with goons unanchoring all their structures…

6 Likes

i think it was supposed to be “250k_m3” crazy what a missing space implies

1 Like

I advocated for this a year ago. The mechanic is different in execution, but same in outcome.

The first change that needs to happen is to make wars profitable for the victor. However, it cannot generate ISK, so it must be zero sum. Everything one side gains has to be at the loss of the other side.
There are a lot of ways to do this. One of the easiest ways would be to make it so that when someone puts down an Upwell structure, they have to pay an anchoring fee, or something. 100 million ISK for a medium, 1 billion ISK for a large, and 5 billion ISK for an extra-large structure. The numbers don’t matter much. However, upon destruction, that fee would be paid out to the attacking force like bounties are, or the corp that did the most damage gets the money directly in their wallet. Instantly, EVE has a way to incentivize destruction. And since Upwell structures do not have any insurance, this would not hugely imbalance the economy.

So, really, this idea came from a Goon a literal year ago. Thank you, CCP for listening. There are plenty of other good ideas in that article; feel free to use them all!

Also, to the rest of EVE, you’re welcome. I share my brilliance freely.

6 Likes

@CCP_Dopamine It’s mentioned that these drop 100% of the time from structure explosions. Do they survive if the wreck is destroyed, and do they survive if they’re in a hauler that gets killed?

what about stealing them?

well no, the 100% is for the structure’s looting… if you kill the wreck, it’ll go… kill the hauler, subject to death mechanics. . .

Also, will these be buildable in any way shape or form? Could still get the isk-sink behavior by only selling limited run BPCs as opposed to BPOs?

Sounds a bit like CCP didnt invisage the spam of structures going up when they introduced them, and this, along with the abandoned state they introduced is them trying to undo with they created.

8 Likes

@CCP_Dopamine if you really want to reduce structure spam, Require all to be anchored at planets except refineries, require those to be anchored at moons. That puts a hard limit like the old PoS.

Adding a fee won’t really reduce spam that much.

7 Likes

Pretty much. I was always surprised they didn’t use some sort of limiter back when released. Even if they were also tied to anchoring at moons like a POS. that way too you’d have to swap a POS with a citadel which would have encouraged POS structures to be taken down, making them easier to officially retire.

1 Like

Can we preload a core in an existing structureonce the rollout starts to have it over & done with, or do we need to wait until december?