Question about all these financial products

Why aren’t they all in sales or services? This isn’t the right venue for people selling something.

This forum has been the home for financial services since 2005.

Given that there’s separate forums for both products and services, a move seems to be overdue.

Send me one billion isk and I will agree with you.

There’s a thought.

I agree and most the loan offers are just alts padding, Norn is one of the worst offenders for that.

this hasn’t gotten any less true in the intervening time.

you guys could create a new subforum called obvious freaking scams, forgive me, i meant financial products

This would be more suited to Forum Feedback since it is also not market discussion. Just sayin’…

only getting more accurate

Also only getting more accurate.

better suited if the idea is to shunt it into a spot where it’ll never be seen.

while i thank you for your unsolicited advice, well, i’ll just leave it at that.

Aiko’s financial product is the only one I trust.

You posted in a discussion forum. Deal with responses. ‘Investment funds’ are not Services - in-game support or out-of-game assets sold for in-game resources. They also aren’t Sales. So barring the existence of a new forum subcategory, the Market Discussion category is the place to discuss these product offerings.

Nobody’s going to make a change to add a new sub category if you don’t bother to suggest it where the forum managing devs actually look for such things. It’s not like the players control this.

If all you are here to do is complain, you are also in the wrong place.

The easiest way to know it is a scam is if they claim to have a lot of wealth and are asking for you to invest with them in exchange for services and returns.

Anyone with any amount of genuine wealth who know how to invest it won’t need to depend on others to invest with them when they know better themselves how to turn wealth into more wealth. It is just a waste of time burning extra effort cutting their own returns into pieces for other people. They don’t need your ISK, they just don’t need you at all.

Essentially, they are all scammers or they just wouldn’t be here wasting their time trying to get your money in exchange for a promise of wasting further time trying to make you more money.

They are poor investors and as naive as their victims honestly. Investing their time and effort into the possibility to scam you for “free” money. Nobody smart would invest into something that doesn’t produce guaranteed results for what you put into it and neither should you.

Wow, you’re a real sunshine, hu?

1 Like

If by sunshine you mean the harsh reality that is hard to look at for most, then yes. Honest people tend to be naive and easily buy into false expectations of trust. Scammers depend on that.

Trust the light and always be wary of those dark clouds in the distance. Scammers tend to not like having their activities highlighted and the sun can’t shine everyday.

I am definitely not those drops of water making rainbows showing the path to that pot of gold.

And yet these rich people keep telling everybody to put all their money in the stock market. :thinking:

1 Like

Yup, they invest some of their wealth giving something value.

This attracts people desperate for wealth to put all their money into it, inflating it’s value even further in a runaway effect of a growing bubble in that investment. Before that bubble pops those who know which way the fan is blowing needs someone else’s money to take for selling all they bought into it before it all finally hits that fan, shatters into a million molecules and splatters in the face of those who stand to lose everything they had put into it.

Rich can’t get richer simply taking from their own wealth, anything additional has to come from somewhere and it is much easier to manipulate those with little to gain and everything to lose than someone rich who stands much to gain with little to lose.

Hence that popular phrase about rich and poor people.

Calm down miner. Ganking creates jobs. A rising tide lifts all boats.