Question on Warzone Extraction

(Pepsicor) #1

I played for a few months about 8 years ago and just came back. I’ve been playing a few weeks and have about 2,500,000 Skill Points trained. I’m driving a Caracal Navy Issue mostly for doing missions. Here is the fitting-

Pro-Nav Compact Missile Guidance Enhancer

Medium Shield Extender I
M51 Benefactor Compact Shield Recharger
M51 Benefactor Compact Shield Recharger
10MN Afterburner I
Small Hull Repairer II

Rapid Light Missile Launcher II

Medium Bay Loading Accelerator I
Medium Anti-Explosive Screen Reinforcer II
Medium Warp Core Optimizer I

I am using Advanced Scourge Fury Light Missile.

My Question is would I be able to do the Warzone Extraction Event solo? I’ve watched a few videos and it wasn’t clear on the size of ship needed.

If you see any improvements I can make on my fittings please let me know.

Thanks for the help.

(Arcanith Lionheart) #2

Well, if you are lucky with the spawns… These rats drain your cap, and if you have an active tank you are screwed.

And if you get lots of them like here… Well… You better be fast killing the small ships first. A passive tank Drake Navy Issue can do it just fine since it has a massive passive shield tank.

(Pepsicor) #3

Thank You. I’ll look at the Drake and see what I can do.

(Sara Starbuck) #4

Im going to be “that” guy and point out that your fit is pretty bad.
Your tank is super light, has no real resists and your lowslots are wrong, i think you were thinking ballistic computers which increase damage instead of those application ones. Also that hull repper is just pointless.

On cruisers you want large extenders and not mediums. You want atleast 1-2 resist modules and the large extender or two. Also if things go bad you prolly go boom since the npcs have warp disrupts.

(Pepsicor) #5

Thank You Sara, I have no doubt my fitting could use some help.

(Wanda Fayne) #6

Here’s a generic passive Drake fit. Cap shouldn’t be an issue in the sites if you blap the frigates first.
I would use Scourge Fury ammo for the Battleships, precision or faction ammo for the smaller ships.

If you can’t fit with CPU/PG, then just start using meta shield extenders until you fit.

[Drake, HML Passive]

Shield Power Relay II
Ballistic Control System II

10MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
EM Ward Amplifier II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II

Heavy Missile Launcher II, Scourge Fury Heavy Missile

Medium Core Defense Field Purger I

Hobgoblin II x5

(Arcanith Lionheart) #7

Use Precision missiles for anything smaller than a Battleship and they are blapped out of existence.

At least with the skills I have, I use a target painter too, 2 volleys takes down frigates

(Pepsicor) #8

Thank You Wanda and Arcanith, I appreciate you taking the time to help.

(Jedidiah Togenada) #9

I might add that since you obviously have good light missile skills, if you don’t have Lvl5 skills in Heavy missiles, you might do better damage application with the rapid lights using fury missiles. In that case, you wouldn’t have to switch between fury and precision going from frigates to battleships.
I find it a pain in these fights, so I changed my Drake naval issue to rapid lights and the damage is almost as good, but with a shorter range.
In these warzone sites, they usually spawn right on top of you, so there is no advantage to the longer range of heavies. I one shot the frigates and just pour it into the battleships until they’re gone.
I’d also hold off on launching drones until the frigates are down. Otherwise you stand a good chance of losing them, as sleepers love to target drones. My 2ISK worth…

(Pepsicor) #10

You’re right Jeddidiah I don’t have Level 5 in Heavy Missiles. Thanks for the idea of using the Light Missiles. It wasn’t in my plan to be using Heavy Missiles this soo.

(erg cz) #11

Unless you approach the derifter wreck with MWD turned on and bypass it with over 1700 m/s speed. Then you are able to set 40-50 km keep at range to the BS and stay so even under webifiers. Just make sure you do not collide with the wreck itself.

(system) #12

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.