Question regarding Missile ships

Hello

Could anyone tell me the highest DPS missile Cruiser and Battleship.

for

1. Heavy Missiles

2. Cruise Missiles

Im not interested in other forms of DPS so no Rattlesnake. Im assuming its the Tengu for the heavy missile cruiser or the Raven Navy Issue for the Cruise Missiles?

Your valuable knowledge is gratefully recieved

When it comes to raw cruise missile DPS, the Raven, Raven Navy Issue and Golem are all basically the same, assuming max Caldari Battleship level. - The standard Raven’s ROF bonus making up for the extra launcher slot on the other two.

Of course the Navy version and the Golem get other bonuses and fitting options, so the raw DPS doesn’t really tell the full story.

Technically the Raven State Issue would out DPS them all, but as far as I know that’s not easy to get your hands on.

Can’t say for sure when it comes to heavy missiles. So many options there, and I haven’t really studied it fully.

1 Like

Barghest should be top cruise missile DPS. 6 launchers with a 50% bonus is rather nice. As said above, the caldari BS all do the same DPS although you can nitpick which is better the 8 launchers and more alpha (RNI/Golem), or the 6 launchers with better rof (Raven, SNI)

heavy missiles, probably tengu or loki, haven’t really looked at heavy missile damage in a while.

2 Likes

Barghest and loki or tengu

2 Likes

DPS is such a misleading stat. Application is the most important thing. My Golem shreds with only 879 DPS and tanks 928 incoming DPS. Take away my target painter and warhead rigor catalyst II rigs and it would be a piece of excrement against anything below a battleship.

2 Likes

For heavy missiles it would be either the Nigthhawk, tengu or Orthrus, I will check it tomorrow which one does the most with the same-ish fit.

I will have all three fit 3x Caldari Navy Ballistic Control Unit.

1 Like

application is of course important, but you can still get an extra ~150 dps out of a golem and still fit plenty of application mods.

raven state issue has the highest dps, buy yours today for only 3 trillion from bluemelon

1 Like

Oh I can get the base DPS a lot higher than that. The application drops off markedly though.

also the barghest has a bonus to damage, not to rof, which makes it better when considering reloading.

1 Like

Application is important as you say. That’s why I encourage everyone to consider the humble 'Phoon. Same 6 launchers and ROF bonus as Raven, plus a very handy application bonus.

2 Likes

And here are my results:

• Nighthawk 709.7dps with scourge rage fury heavy missiles (2386hp alpha)
  • Orthrus 584.4 dps with any fury heavy missile (3037hp alpha)
  • tengu 668.2dps with scourge fury heavy missiles (2603 alpha)

And the winner is the Nighthawk (though my Nighthawk fit uses 4x ballistic control units).

Oh and don’t tell anyone that the Nighthawk is a good ship, because I kinda want the price to go down, not up.

1 Like

I have this fit doing 706 dps with no implants and reload enabled. Add implants and it’s at 778 dps with reload, tengus spew missiles so reload is probably worth keeping on. And going for max dps without reload and with implants it jumps up to 835 dps. HM-705 and RL-1005 being the main damage implants, a few application implants don’t hurt either (GP-805 and TN-905)

it’s more bling than I’d want a ship, but for max dps it is what it is.

[Tengu, Pve HML]

Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System

Pithum A-Type Medium Shield Booster
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Pith X-Type Kinetic Deflection Field
Pithum A-Type Thermal Dissipation Amplifier
Republic Fleet 10MN Afterburner
Missile Guidance Computer II, Missile Precision Script

Heavy Missile Launcher II, Scourge Fury Heavy Missile
[Empty High slot]

Medium Bay Loading Accelerator II
Medium Warhead Flare Catalyst I
Medium Warhead Flare Catalyst I

Tengu Core - Augmented Graviton Reactor
Tengu Defensive - Amplification Node
Tengu Offensive - Accelerated Ejection Bay
Tengu Propulsion - Chassis Optimization

1 Like

Cool. The Mighthawk starts at 750.8dps with 4x ballistic control and an inbuilt application bonus.
The Mighthawk will still make space violence with any tengu.

1 Like

Mighthawk? Nice.

Never heard that one. That an official slang moniker or personal one?

1 Like

That’s a personal one that came to be when I made my new ham fit, which does 1000+ dps.

May we see this fit, pretty please?

Yes you may, look very close here.

Lol.

@Felicitas_Minbar I’m guessing it starts out looking a little like this:

[Nighthawk, Nighthawk fit]

[low slot]

[mid slot]
[mid slot]
[mid slot]
[mid slot]
[mid slot]

Heavy Assault Missile Launcher II, Scourge Rage Heavy Assault Missile
[high slot]
[high slot]

Medium Warhead Calefaction Catalyst II
[Rig slot]

Fill in the missing slots with whatever suits your purpose best.

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

1 Like

Polarized hams tengu