Bargest cruise missile boat fit for Lev 4's, possible 5's

I’m a returning player, and just curious how my former comfortable cruise missile fit from a couple years ago might hold up in the current game play. I’m sure there are changes to various items/modules or even the game play itself, so would prefer not to go out and get an expensive smack due to ignorance.

Has a few Isk in it, so I am aware of the gank target, but that’s a separate issue. If I’m not paying attention to local and scans, then I get what whats coming. :stuck_out_tongue: I have considered a golem instead, but I really enjoy the flexibility of the barghest, whether fitted for long range kiting or for pvp.

Thoughts?

[Barghest, Chex Mix]
‘Full Duplex’ Ballistic Control System
Damage Control II
Missile Guidance Enhancer II
Missile Guidance Enhancer II

Pith X-Type X-Large Shield Booster
Large Micro Jump Drive
Multispectrum Shield Hardener II
Shadow Serpentis Sensor Booster
Missile Guidance Computer II
Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery

Cruise Missile Launcher II
[Empty High slot]
Small Tractor Beam I

Large Semiconductor Memory Cell I
Large Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer I
Large Bay Loading Accelerator I

Hornet II x15

Caldari Navy Scourge Cruise Missile x600
Targeting Range Script x1
Missile Range Script x1
Missile Precision Script x1
Scourge Fury Cruise Missile x1702
Mjolnir Fury Cruise Missile x1894
Mobile Tractor Unit x1

This will do lv4s no problem. Not optimally but it works.

Take ages to burn to the gate w/o a AB or MWD. There hasn’t been any major changes to items. Only one I recall is they rolled back surgical strike (made shield Hardners stronger)

I also want to note to focus on applying your damage not how fast your missiles go. Cruse already goes fast.

I would replace sensor booster for a web. Swap out the MJD for an AB or MWD and just DPS tank lv 4s (aka kill rats as fast as possible). I didn’t simulate this in game but that’s what stood out to me.

About marauders the golem for example.

• Golem can kill rats faster with less tank. (Don’t even need a shield Hardner) (You get more tank/things to do with the extra slots you get) The goal is to do maximum damage/application with minimum tank.

• Your missiles have even more range compared to the barghest when in bastion.

• Safety! Marauders are now commonplace they are even harder to gank! Just looked it up the current price of a berghest and golem are approx 1.2bil.

My point is t2 marauders do everything your berghest can do but better and more cost effective. I would be SALIVATING if I saw a random berghest doing missions. People think twice about a golem. I can rep 2-3k shields and have bastion. You don’t, of course I glazed over other stuff about ganking but that is what it boils down to honestly.

Hope it helps, if you mail me, I’d be happy to whip up a golem fit and write more stuff about cruse/torps in game.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.