Hi everyone !
I’ve been an alpha player since one month, and after the (stupid) loss of my first Thorax while I was piling up ISK in order to purchase another one in case of any trouble, I’ve decided to learn more about ISK farming methods and profitability, and found one that is particularly fine for me: “Mid High Sec” mining.
(For the info, I discovered that there was 1M free skill points for new players when I was 700k ish skillpoints and I decided that it was not worth it to restart again).
A quick explanation: I can pratically semi afk mine all day long, as I work from home office at the moment. I just need to have an eye on my Venture to check that there is no trouble around. So it is not particularly boring for me, and ISK started piling up (I make between 20-25M ISK per day depending on buy orders).
So I’ve decided to move up to mining barges and bought a procurer for safety reasons. I’m waiting for skills to be learned at the moment before jumping in it. And that’s the main issue for me: Skill training, as there is lot of importants skills to learn from the start, and when I was alpha, I focussed on gunboats skills first. But anyway, it appears that I won’t be able to play for 2 weeks, so when I’ll be back, I’ll be able to mine in my procurer. Meanwhile, I’ve purchased +3 implants and a full T2 fitting for my procurer.
Sorry for the long introduction, but now that you know the context, here is my questions:
- I plan to grind skill learning for mining in order to fitt properly my Proc first
- In the meantime, I’ll save to buy another one just in case of troubles
- When done, I plan to skill drones, as I would like to fly drone boats for Missions and Ratting, just to add a bit of fun after mining
- When done, I’ll continue grinding a bit more reprocessing skills for better ores farming via strip miners II and also switch from selling ores to minerals
Is it a fine progression plan from your point of view?
Regarding ISKs, I think I’ll have to wait quite a long time to switch from Procurer to Skiff. I don’t know how much ISK/hour I’ll make with my procurer, but I guess I’ll have more than enough time to buy a skiff before being able to get in it.
So would it be wise to switch my implants from +3 to +5, eventually buy a mining implant, and invest in Skill injectors (honestly, I think that it is lacking skills that prevent me from doing more stuff in EvE rather than ISK at the moment, so I think using ISK to speed up my learning process would be a good idea, as ISK will not be a problem at least within the next month or two) ?
So to sump up:
- I’m not looking into the best ISK farming method at the moment, I would like to continue this way as it suits my personnal agenda
- Is my progression plan ok according to my wish, or am I missing something?
- Do you think that investing into big implants & skill injectors with ISK is wise as I feel to be limited by my skills at the moment to discover other opportunities?
Thanks a lot for your feedback, and sorry for this looooong post !