Question

Found the highsec miner in this thread

1 Like

Yes there should be. And it should also be possible to break it. And it should be possible to enforce it on others, and to punish those that break it. Or live by a whole other code…

It’s already like that isn’t it?

Freedom people!:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

It sounds like what you are saying is that you don’t know what honor looks like. I very much doubt you would be alive, letalone typing on a game forum, but for someone in your past behaving altruistically towards you.

You didn’t make the game, the internet, the language you speak, the chair you are sitting in, this forum, the idea of even having an opinion, the cornflakes you ate for breakfast, the spoon you ate them with, the bowl you ate them from, the country on the continent on the planet in the solar system . . . what exactly have you done all by yourself? And what pray tell does that have to do with with having some ideals about how two legged monkies should behave towards one another, in “real” space or cyberspace?

There is, sometimes in some places. Worm-space was (and sometimes still is) such a place:

• you bring a fight if possible
  • if you outnumber your opponent, you scale down or even match their numbers
  • often, you agreed to fight in the middle between home systems
  • when the fight is over, it’s over, so you let the remaining opponents go home
  • if you shoot a new pilot, you give him advice and maybe some Isk
  • and generally you stand by your word.
    Somehow, all these things got less and less common in the last few years and there were always groups that didn’t play along.

That’s of course some made up ■■■■■■■■. You shoot what you can shoot and if someone don’t want to be shot it’s on him to do something to avoid it.
The “honor”-discussion might be relevant to some extent if you had awoxed, backstabbed or scammed a (or several) definitely new player(s) repeatedly or were targeting the same guy specifically multiple times. But even those things are legitimate options (at least to the point where it might become griefing) and just something the person would have to deal with.
In low and especially null, I wouldn’t really think about who I am shooting. Low has a big warning sign shown when you enter it (at least the first time) and whoever wants to play with the “big boys” in null should better be ready to do so.

From what i understand, there has been a bit of a code, you shoot them,pod them. Then give them some pointers and perhaps isk to get a new ship, a pat on the head and off they go.

Next, he will be asking you to pay to upgrade him to Omega.

2 Likes

You gave him some pointers and advice, you’ve fulfilled your obligation to him.

2 Likes

1 Like

Kill em all, mercilessly and without hesitation.

Eventually, they’ll learn that ratting in Low Sec belts has harsh consequences and they’ll need to adapt or die.

If they convo afterwards and are chill dudes looking to improve, you may have just found a future coprmate (eventually) or friend. I’m pretty sure this a time-honored feature of New Eden.

If it’s red, it’s dead.

Strangely when I check you killboard I don’t see this person who you refer to:

But checking your corp gets to this:

I think he was trolling you and you fell for it.

Strangely…you must not have read my comment, or you didn’t comprehend what I said. Arbius has yhte killmails because he found him first. I even typed that he escaped my jackdaw.

Hahaha…wut?

No. You wipe them out and move along.

1 Like

Yes Drac, I typed ‘We’, I did not type “I”. I did not not claim that I alone was hunting this guy down repeatedly, nor did I claim that blow him up every single time. Quite often he docks up. Nor is my entire corp going to pile on the one single catalyst when one of our pilots finds him. But sinve I’m the one that received the salt, anf I was the one that was curious, I created the thread.

If you really come into a thread to argue over something as silly as what you pointed out, then I recommend finding somewthing more fulfilling to occupy your time with. Maybe take up knitting, or one of those trading card games. Hell, anything makes more sense than the point you are attempting to make.

2 Likes

The guys kill record is informative though. Shows a repeating pattern of losing the same ships in the same place. Shows a failure to learn from his mistakes. To many people like this these days.

1 Like

Well without further checking any reasonable person could have thought that you were trolling, luckily I went into more detail on your post and found out what you really meant by we and while trolling to a degree you were actually talking about a real event. Please try to be more exact next time.

He could have been trolling you though?

If not then he will learn the hard way, I can see he is now trying different things, he has moved up to a lasar Vexor with a dual tank. Perhaps he will refine his approach further, after all people who get blown up a lot do tend to stay in the game don’t they?

As for you question about honour, quite simply it depends, I had one of the high ups in my alliance talk about our alliance being honourable but that is pretty much like Test honouring their agreements, and he would blow up anyone who was neutral. So from my point of view which may be different to others, you had no agreement with said person and therefore what your corp did is perfectly acceptable, does that help?

I hope you did try to help him with advice and not wind him up from the off, because players who go out and take risk right from the off are adding to the game.

If it’s a newbro and they’re flying a ship worth <10m, I may reimburse their ship. But if I see them again, they go blap.

Next time, swear at him in Russian. If that doesn’t work, try French, Bulgarian, Korean, Turkish, or whatever other language you can get some good google-translate going with.

And by the way, he’s trolling you with the newbie bit. No newbie is going to come back to ratting, same spot over and over, after being killed like that.

2 Likes

Broadcast in all known languages - including Welsh!

Here’s the honor code of EVE Online:

Adapt or die.

1 Like

That will scare the sheep…

1 Like