Rain effect in EVE

We should get a rain effect in EVE in space in the form of asteroids raining down in a meteor shower.

Would look cool. Maybe also damage ships.

Why?

For your sake i hope your answer is more than ‘cos it wud be kule’.

Nonsense. What we need are protest groups and eco terrorists who fight the environmental damage of PI and moon mining.

5 Likes

Rule of cool. Also damage ships and be interesting as an environmental aspect, kinda like wormholes and their effects.

Like warping to the sun an get 10 em/th damage per seconds. Fly closer and get grilled.

Wormholes don’t damage your ship and those effects you’re mentioning are only in certain j systems.

So you’re gonna be in a fight with someone and about to win when the server goes ‘LOL RAIN!!’ and blows up your ship. Not the ‘cool’ addition to the game you’re thinking.

I actually like the idea of space weather having effects and even randomly moving between systems. The idea has been brought up before. But what you’ve got so far is a non-starter.

I think perhaps seeing a comet or two would be cool, when in system you can warp to it for the few days while its in system , perhaps have weird rats there or something ,

anyway interesting idea .

How’s this for crazy , there is a chance it will hit a structure in system and cause like half damage unless it is destroyed in time .

I know ,completely different to the original suggestion. Sorry

Theres gonna be a weather watch system where it will tell you in advance what is going to happen. Its just not always going to be very accurate, just like in real life.

And if youre about to win a fight, then chances are youre still going to win the fight. Its not like the weather effect affects only you and not your opponent.

And its also not a “LOL 2000 DPS RAIN INCOMING” sort of thing. Its going to be maybe 10-20 dps at most.

Yeah, you didn’t explain that originally. You just posted half an idea and said it would be cool if we damaged ships for no reason. So of course I had to speculate.

10-20dps still makes a difference. I’ve won a fight with less than that in hull. Sometimes your reps are barely holding this could put you over the edge and anyone with a passive shield tank is basically nerfed with this idea. Awesome!

You don’t pvp much right? I mean i don’t either, but christ i can see why this isn’t going to happen.

I do PVP quite a bit. But ive never been in a situation where 10-20 dps was such a difference that i thought it was downright unfair or made any real difference. Ive fought 2v1, ive had rats beat down on me while i was fighting, etc etc etc. I always judge accordingly, and sometimes i have a brain derp and i lose my ship but thats part of the game.

I mean, i dont know, maybe youre having these super fair super close fights where you keep coming out with 1 hull point left, but ive never had a fight like that. The point of eve is to never be in a fair fight to begin with, so most, if not all my fights have been completely one-sided, and even in those situations where ive been outnumbered, i still either killed them with a decent chunk of my armor/hull or wasnt even close and got rekt.

Also, if you go outside in short pants and a t-shirt when the weather man said a freak snowstorm will make it -20 and freezing snow, and everyone else around you dressed accordingly because they took the time to watch the weather network, whose to blame?

You’re trying to make weather watching part of the game or you’re nerfed. Riveting game play.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.