Rate my setup

Even though my fitting has absolutely no effect once it comes down to huge fights, I wanted some feedback on what others think of my EVE fit. And yes, I know my graphics card decision sucks.

Dual QUAD core I7 8700K (2x prosessors x 4)
64 GB RAM
Quad Nvidia 1070 TI (4 x graphics cards)
5x 256 Gb SSD Raid 5 (5 x hard disks running as one, hotswap)
1000 Mb/s internet

I am sure someone will top this, but wondering if it is a good setup for EVE or not.

Michelle Vega

1 Like

overkill
clearly

You’r not asking if it’s good for EvE. You’re well aware it’s entirely overkill for any game.

Fair point tho Nvidia are for children :parrotmustache:

2 Likes

yeah, the cool kids :gentlemanparrot:

Legit. This guy probably has one.

It’s like, “thanks for posting, we’ll link this to zkillboard, so whenever you get killed in your bling-fitted poorly-flown ship they can comment on how you spent all this just to be caught dying like that.”

Out of curiosity, how’s your cooling? I’m counting some 800 watts of heat to be dissipated, that’s like a room heater on full all the time. So, air-cooled, water cooled? Air-conditioned room?

What cost benefit analysis did you use to come up with that setup?

Edit: Do you work for the DoD?

If x1 nVidia is for children then x4 SLI NVidia is for who??? :slight_smile:

For EVE it’s 50/10.

For a dedicated server it’s (3/10 deprecated) 4/10. :thinking:

1 Like

No idea…

Meh, you’re not a real Eve player unless you play the game on a 10 year old moldy potato.

3 Likes

IDK with quantum computing out now, Id look at getting one of those. I think it would help.

I believe plex will cost less than the electric bill for that thing

Good for Eve multiboxing

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.