Nvidia Graphics Card Recommendations For Eve

Hi all,

I’m currently in the market for a new GPU for my Desktop computer.

I mainly only play Eve and a few other games from the early 00’s.

At the moment I have an Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 and get between 50 - 60 FPS with all settings on high.

Id like to be able to play Eve with all settings on high and increase the Hz from 60 to 100.

Can you guys recommend a good GPU for me to achieve this?

Thanks in advance for your help!

I have two of these monitors:

And use this graphics card with them:

On max settings. So I think it’s a great card. I had to get a mini model (takes up the width of two slots) due to case size. You may not need this. Very important to do the measurements.

It’s an RTX 2070. Any model. But even 2060 should be fine.

Also the main things you want to look for are how much memory the card has. This really makes a difference. And you need to use the right kind of cable. HDMI will only get you so far, for example. And if you can afford a monitor that has GSYNC, even better. They are getting cheaper. The main issue is that during this pandemic, there’s a lot out of stock and it is driving the prices up. So be patient maybe?

Moved to the Out of Pod Experience section as you question may be best suited here.

Fly safe o/

ISD Bahamut

I play Eve on a Linux Desktop, running a recent Nvidia driver (450) with Wine+DXVK on a 4MB GTX1050 Ti card. I’m getting about 60fps reasonably steadily on a 1080x1920 display with highest settings. I only ever run a single client.
That’s a card costing about £140 or so, and I’m very happy with it.

I’d expect a similar performance under Windows.

1 Like

Thank you for your replies and helpful information.

I’m not looking to spend a fortune, but it would be nice to see a stable 100 FPS :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.