Rats shouldn’t aggress friendly players

While it makes no sense, if it was just not the case, people could exploit it by repping/assisting their cheap ratting ship with impunity. Rats’ code would need to be changed in order to prioritize players doing friendly actions to the aggressors. Pretty sure this would be too complicated for the devs or engine …

Don’t they do that already?

I’ll have you know, sir, that I have zero standings towards rogue drones. I have never fired a shot in anger at an NPC unless it was warp disrupting me.

Did you not bother to read the thread?

They. Don’t. Care. About. Standings.

Quite a few casualties in the old emerging conduits, when some undesirable entered to steal kills or loot or just be under foot. Especially when you mjd’d to a well positioned bm. Good times !

I love it when the npc’s third party. I encourage them to do that more often.

but they do have the ability to ship scan your ship as you land, without targeting you, and decide that the ship with a scram and a web is more of a “threat” than the thing attacking them.

This AI behavior needs to get changed a bit to focus more on the things shooting at them, and this goes for nullsec rats as well as the “better AI” rats like WH sleepers.

I wish NPCs would just warp out when they take hull damage. They should know by now that ratters usually don’t have a point. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That was added to lowsec/nullsec belt rats. It is buggy as hell, but it sort of works.

does nothing for anoms, but it is a step in the right direction, for the most part.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.