[RAZSU] Zaibatsu Associated News Institute hub

Interveiw: Auljam Karvose on Bejawl main event

Nannaras X - Hoiyori Colony

June 7th - YC 120

Last night, ZANIE’s very own Hoovand Lindus sat down to talk one-on-one with the Head director of the Karvose Collaboration Studio, Auljam Karvose himself.

A brief interview was requested in light of recent controversy surrounding the end the recent “Bejawl" on the 1st of June. Where a big “Main event” event was hyped up near the festival’s conclusion. What was revealed was in-fact a professional wrestling match that managed to impress a portion of the crowd, but rub others the wrong way.

We go now to the transcript of this interview

[Hoovand]
“Mr.Karvose, an honor to have you here.”

[Auljam]
“Hoovand! Please, call me Auljam.

[Hoovand]
“Very well, Auljam, tell us and our readers how you’re d-"

[Auljam]
“Nah-nah-nah…What are you doing Hoovand?”

[Hoovand]
“Excuse me?”

[Auljam]
“Why are you opening up with such a mundane question like that? The readers aren’t gonna care how I felt during the time of having this interview. They wanna know what’s going on around us, you feel me?”

[Hoovand]
“I suppose I do?”

[Auljam]
“Good, now let’s get into the meat of this, come on.”

[Hoovand]
“Very well…Would you say the recent Bejawl was a success?”

[Auljam]
“…Hoovand, asking me that is asking me if I’d say my mother was the most beautiful woman to ever grace New eden - Yes. A million times over. Just watching that crowd shuffle around and savoring everything we had to offer was a reward in itself. It gave my people the exposure they not only needed, but deserved for the longest time. Everyone had fun, everyone won.

[Hoovand]
“Except Foley Jones during your main event at midnight.”

[Auljam]
“Heh, true, true…A unfortunate but unavoidable turnout in storytelling within professional wrestling. Someone has to lose, everyone could lose, but never can everyone that participate in a match be declared a winner. No matter how we write it. But my man Foley? He’s easy to work with. He’ll take the fall for the sake of the drama."

[Hoovand]
“You’re speaking very casually about the strings being pulled behind the scenes.”

[Auljam]
“Look, the cat is already out of the bag, alright? What do I have to gain in propping up a lie that’s been exposed twenty times over before I even took my first step into the industry? There’s nothing for me to hide."

[Hoovand]
“Yet, you gave no disclaimer about the match being scripted going in. Only after the script didn’t go to plan did you reveal what was going on. Did you plan on revealing this at the end if security didn’t interfere?”

[Auljam]
“Maybe not as soon as it ended, no…See part of the enjoyment of professional wrestling comes from suspension of disbelief. Much like with any show, holo-vid or play that you watch. You put aside what you know is real for the sake of enjoying it. Yes, I wanted those there to think both the rivalry between Lostar and Foley was real and intense. To think these two just wanted to beat the hell out of each other in more ways than just punching.”

[Hoovand]
“Since you brought them up, Lostar And Foley. Who are they exactly?”

[Auljam]
“Top tier talent, some of the best in the galactic industry I could get my hands on to start this off in the Zaibatsu with a bang. Best foot forward, you know?”

[Hoovand]
“So…They’re outsourced?”

[Auljam]
“…Well yeah.”

[Hoovand]
“Forgive me, but wasn’t the intent of the Bejawl to display the talented among our population? Why display outsiders for the grand finale? “

[Auljam]
“Um, Mentors!”

[Hoovand]
“Mentors?”

[Auljam]
“Y-Yeah, breaking new ground here in Zaibatsu creativity and entertainment. Much like how House Yaken brought me in to manage all this wonderful creativity going in the Zaibatsu. I brought in these experts to help mold our own talent, you know?”

[Hoovand]
“Sure, but just who are these two individuals? What makes them stand out eh…Character wise?”

[Auljam]
“Well long story short, Lostar Brail, former slave who turned against his masters, hunts down injustice in the ring. Perfect symbol against slavery.”

[Hoovand]
“Seems fitting for the Gallente brand he came from. Where does he fit in here?”

[Auljam]
“W-Well we’re still working out a new character for him. He recently turned heel upon leaving the EWF - The Gallente brand. So there’s a lot we can play with here. The larger our roster gets with more characters, the larger scope of storytelling will get.”

[Hoovand]
“A heel, the “bad guy" if I’m not mistaken? Well, every villain needs a hero, so is this Foley Jones are hero? Who is he?”

[Auljam]
“He’s the longest reigning three-time EWF hardcore champion. The man has zero fear - literally, he’s crazy.”

[Hoovand]
“This is the character he portrays?”

[Auljam]
“Well, no he’s…He’s himself.”

[Hoovand]
“So you’re saying he’s mentally unstable out of character?”

[Auljam]
“Well when you die at least five thousand times in every way possible…Things start getting twisted upstairs.”

[Hoovand]
“Hold on, this man died five thousand times?”

[Auljam]
“Errr, give or take. S-See he was one of those cloned empyreans back then. This guy been through it all. He’s been; shot, stabbed, eviscerated, burned, decapitated, choked, drowned, imploded, exploded, poisoned, snipped, mutilated, ran over, tossed off buildings and did I mention shot?”

[Hoovand]
“You did…Now I have to ask, is this our hero? An unstable mess? One with augmentations?”

[Auljam]
“They’ve been removed after retiring from his gig as a cloned soldier. That’s why he’s wrestling today. It’s his new passion to enjoy for his time here uh…In the maker’s world! Yeah…:

[Hoovand]
“I see, well thank you Mr.Karvose-"

[Auljam]
“Auljam”

[Hoovand]
“Right, thank you. But appears we’re out of time.It’s been an honor to speak with you.”

[Auljam]
“Likewise Hoovand! Give the wife my regards, alright?”

[Hoovand]
“I’m not married.”

This has been ZANIE once again reporting on Zaibatsu affairs.

8 Likes