[RAZSU] Zaibatsu Associated News Institute hub

Interview: Veskin Sentinel on the Spectral Analyzer

Nannaras X

October 11th YC 120

Instead of interviewing another figure of importance in the Zaibatsu, ZANIE had the pleasure of sitting down with a guest from the outside. Veskin Sentinel is a Capsuleer part of the corporation Sapphire Interstellar Capital Holdings (Or S-ICH) and is the inventor behind the “Spectral Analyzer” a ship module that is to be an explorer’s best friend as it will be able to give context to unknown objects in space. Such as being able to identify what materials said object is made out of, temperature, age and much more.

While the module is still in it’s developmental stage, the Ohrion Conglomerate has taken interest in the project and have dispatched Caspuleer representative Laiya Aholm to Veskin’s labs to observe the technology up close. Satisfied with what she saw, pitched the idea to ZANIE to have Veskin Sentinel come to ZANIE offices to sit down for an interview to talk about it more in further detail.

We go now to the transcript of that interview

[Hoovand]
"Today, I have the pleasure of having the honor of sitting across from an honorable guest of the Zaibatsu. Veskin Sentinel of Sapphire Interstellar Capital Holdings. Veskin, how are you doing?"

[Veskin]
"I am doing alright, thank you. Pleasure to be here."

[Hoovand]
"Excellent, now without further ado. We’re gonna start this interview off by asking the question "Who is Veskin Sentinel?". Could you please introduce yourself to our readers who are unfamiliar with you?

[Veskin]
"Well, in a few words, I am a bit of an inventor. After a long education period at the University of Caille, I turned my passion for technology into my everyday job. I have been working on various prototype technology projects, aimed to be used by Capsuleers and Clone Troopers. I like to present new projects, that would change the way we operate in many of our spheres of activity. I have been doing this for more than seven years now. I also have a passion for art. Still in the process of improving my skills in this sphere.

[Hoovand]
"And you’re a Capsuleer yourself, no?"

[Veskin]
"Yes, I am a capsuleer. I started at the University of Caille and after I met my sponsor, I enlisted in the Capsuleer program.”

[Hoovand]
"I must confess, you would be the first Capsuleer i’ve ever spoken to directly."

[Veskin]
"Oh, hehe. I hope you are not nervous. There are many capsuleers that are cunts, but there are also really good people among us. I am striving to be of the latter.

[Hoovand]
"As you say, but to avoid getting sidetracked…Can you tell us about your most project that the Ohrion Conglomerate has taken interest in? The Spectral Analyzer i believe?

[Veskin]
"Yes. Well it is my latest project. We - me and my associates - have been keeping it secret for a long time, to avoid speculations and so on. But now we can talk about it. It is basically a special spacecraft device, that, with the help of finely crafted algorithms and a broad database, can reveal detailed information about various mysterious objects that capsuleers encounter in their journeys out in the wild. It’s a complicated process to develop such an elaborate device and we are far from the finished version."

[Hoovand]
"Would you declare this to be your most ambitious project yet?"

[Veskin]
“Well, no. Actually the most ambitious project that me and my teams are working on are the so called "Multicapsule Ships". You will hear more about them in the coming months, but the Spectral Analyzer is pretty ambitious too. And both Multicapsule Ships and the Spectral Analyzer can be interconnected projects.

[Hoovand]
"Have there been any complications in getting the project to its current stage?"

[Veskin]
"Yes. Present time the Analyzer only works with the help of bulky calibration modules. We are having trouble with the various ships sensory systems that it has to integrate with and, we have problems with making it work on smaller spacecrafts, such as frigates. It is an ongoing task and I believe we can make it work. It will just take time."

[Hoovand]
"So in this tech’s current state, it can only function only larger vessels like a cruiser?"

[Veskin]
"Yes. Cruiser sized ships and larger. With the appropriate calibration module, that we need to fine tune for each ship type."

[Hoovand]
"And exactly how much would you estimate - based on current day prices - a single module would cost to produce?"

[Veskin]
"Hmmm… In the current state, the module itself costs around 10 million ISK to produce. Adding the calibration modules it would cost more, but we are aiming to get rid of them. So I estimate one such module would cost around 12-15 million ISK. But that would also depend on how well me manage to integrate it with various ships systems. If we do well, the price will not increase much. The module operates with scripts. They will be between 10 thousand and 100 thousand, depending on the scripts complexity.”

[Hoovand]
"And will this module only be developed to be used by Empyreans? At release it sounds like this module will be catered to just them, yes. But would you shy away from looking into developing a module that’s suited more conventional starships?

[Veskin]
"Capsuleers will use it the most. But it will be available for all, not just Empyreans. Everyone that has a starship should be able to use it."

[Hoovand]
"If that’s the case then that means you’d have a customer base that is larger than just Capsuleers…So i have to ask if you put any thought in how you plan to distribute this technology. I Know we’re a way off from that point - but i ask if you simply put any thought into it. Does your organization S-ICH plan to hold the rights and distribute the module? Blueprint copies? Original blueprint designs? Or would you go the route of selling the finished design to a larger manufacturer in Empire space to make it more readily available to the masses.

[Veskin]
"There haven’t been internal discussions among S-ICH about that part. It is a bit early for this kind of plans. So now we are in the process of gathering approval from independent Capsuleers and the Big Four, CONCORD and the like. Once we got approval, we will go on the next phase, which will be further development of the tech, to a point where we can safely say it can be used by most pilots, be they Capsuleers or not. Then, depending on the contracts that we make with capsuleer and empire authorities, we will settle on a distribution plan. In any case the plan will be for me and S-ICH to hold the patent of the tech. That is the initial idea that we have settled on. Will see how it goes and we will strive to make the module readily accessible, for a fair price."

[Hoovand]
"I see, well, Veskin i fear we’re out of time - Do you have any closing statements? Anything you want people to know that we haven’t covered?"

[Veskin]
” I do encourage everyone that is curious about our tech, to look up my GalNet blog, "Voyager Spirit", it is also linked in my CONCORD profile. To our most respected audience I will just say: Be curious, strive to reach the unknown, and be brave. Thank you for this interview Mr Lindus."

[Hoovand]
"Thank you, been a pleasure Veskin, have a safe trip home."

[Authorization of release of this interview]

9 Likes