[RAZSU] Zaibatsu Associated News Institute hub

Interview Galm Eskola-Fea on Warclone culture and Bosena Accords

Nannaras X

October 28th YC 120

ZANIE recently has started inviting speakers from outside the Zaibatsu to sit down for an interview. We look out for independent parties who are out there in New Eden doing things on their terms, without any of the four Empires. ZANIE brings representatives of these parties out here to Hoiyori to speak their mind, to give them a platform to get more information of what they represent out there to the public. And this time around ZANIE has found an independent party in New Eden with ambitions and the determination to see them though. Hoovand Lindus of ZANIE sits down with Galm Eskola-Fea of the Bosena Accords. An organization dedicated to looking out for the interest of Warclones and creating a safe haven for them to seek refuge in.

We go now to a transcript of that interview

[Hoovand]
"Tonight, visiting us from the region of Molden Heath. Veteran Warclone and founder of the safe haven for other Warclones, Bosena Accords. He is Galm Eskola-Fae! Galm we thank you for coming in, tell me how you’re feeling"

[Galm]
"Honored to be here to speak about our organization. It’s so rare that we are given the chance of proper representation by most media, so I’m very excited to answer any questions you or your viewers may have on the current nature of us and Warclones in general."

[Hoovand]
"Speaking of which, this is certainly an interesting time in my career. First i talk with a Capsuleer for the first time, now i get to meet a Warclone for the first time…I’ve come to learn that Capsuleers aren’t that different or threatening when they’re not in a starship, but with you? I assume this is your natural environment, face-to-face"

[Galm]
"Well, helmet-to-helmet at least yes. In all seriousness, even when I find ourselves on opposite sides of the firing line against an enemy I suspect the experience is quite a bit more intimate and personable than interactions with and between capsuleers. I think that’s why as warclones, we have managed to come together so well, it’s hard to be a dick to someone when you can place a name to face… Which I suppose is why I’m here today."

[Hoovand]
"Yes, which actually brings me to this question. Ever since i spoke with a Capsuleer for the first time and did a bit more research in their activities. I’ve become morbidly curious about their social behavior. Capsuleers have this "tribal" nature to them where they only care about other Capsuleers in their group and anyone outside of it cannot be trusted and a potential threat by default. Where with Warclones, you’ve all grown in a much different atmosphere. You’ve all forged some "Warrior’s bond" from years of fighting one another in battle after battle. There’s a mutual connection between you and another Warclone…Would you disagree?"

[Galm]
"Not at all. I would go so far as to argue that the bonds between many of the warclone clans that make up the Bosena Accords are closer than those shared between many Caldari statesmen or Gallente citizens. Yes, we come from various backgrounds and upbringings and for a time many of us fought against each other under the banner of one Empire or another. But that’s changed in time. After the war in Molden Heath, that shared experience of individual mercenaries coming together to form their own banners did quite a bit to dislodge old allegiances. Race and creed mean very little for most of us. What’s far more important are those that you’ve shared a foxhole with."

[Hoovand]
“Tell me more about the conflicts in Molden Heath. From what i understand the Thukker Tribe invited Warclones to occupy the planets of the region in an effort to clamp down on pirate activity. Though I’m lead to believe Warclone involvement in that region became something bigger than simply removing pirates. You found independence out there, a chance to take control of your own fates, no?"

[Galm]
"A fundamental misunderstanding among most non-Warclones was that the settlement and conquest initiatives within Molden Heath were purely the result of aggressive action by the mercenaries that the Thukker invited. Yes, the Thukker invited Warclones into the region in an effort to act as a deterrent against piracy. But part of the deal was that mercenaries would be permitted to settle many of the planets in underdeveloped districts. These districts were granted to us legally, and conflicts between mercenaries in these districts were authorized by CONCORD under rules of limited engagement."

[Hoovand]
"So did CONCORD kept a tight leash on Warclone movement and action?"

[Galm]
"CONCORD made a deliberate point of keeping us contained to Molden Heath whenever possible and monitoring operations. In my opinion, they had reasoned that Molden Heath would serve as an experiment on idea of granting Warclones sovereignty and autonomy as capsuleers are."

[Hoovand]
"So would I be stepping out of line if I said Warclones were seen as some second-class Empyrean?"

[Galm]
"I wouldn’t object to that, personally. We were a new variable that frightened them, perhaps justifiably so given that all this was coming off the heels of the Templars and the war for Caldari Prime. They wanted to make sure that new variable was properly accounted for rather than letting it loose on the world."

[Hoovand]
"But where do you stand on the issue? You answer from a point of understanding CONCORD’s fear and considering it rational. As a Warclone however, do you wish your people had more freedoms and independence like the Capsuleers? "

[Galm]
"I’ll say this. The Directive Enforcement Department’s Mercenary Infomorph Act of YC115 firmly granted us the rights to fight as independents on behalf of sovereign militias, and effectively billed us with a status not unlike capsuleers as independent political entities. Yet while a capsuleer is granted the courtesy and respect of practically a nation-state in their own right, CONCORD has been unwilling to grant us the same freedoms despite their own laws and regulations. I believe that collaboration with CONCORD is essential for continued stability, but in exchange I believe many of my fellow Warclones have earned the privileges entitled to them under the Mercenary Infomorph Act."

[Hoovand]
"Which - I believe finally brings us to Bosena Accords. For those not in the know, could you explain what it is from a legal standpoint, its purpose and it’s ultimate goal?”

[Galm]
"We began largely as a loose coalition of separate mercenary clans dedicated to establishing a ceasefire in Molden Heath. Since then our organization and ambitions have expanded quite a bit. Our main focus now is to act as a sort of united front for Warclone interests, and to work towards establishing the sort of haven and homeland originally promised to us by the Thukker for our kind. Project Avalon is our primary effort to establish such a homeland."

[Hoovand]
"What is Project Avalon?"

[Galm]
"Project Avalon involves a massive attempt to rotate former mercenaries out of the warzones of Molden Heath and instead bring them together for the purpose of creating a safe haven or refuge for our Warclones. To date we have a variety of footholds and outposts scattered across the region."

[Hoovand]
"So instead of putting your people to work doing what earn Warclones their fearsome reputation, destruction and bloodshed planetside. You give them a productive use, to build the home the Thukkers promised you could make out on that frontier. With several footholds and outposts, would you say you’ve accomplished that dream? Or is there still a much grander vision for this homeland you speak of?"

[Galm]
"No. No, not yet. The outposts are helpful, and they provide enough facilities to keep our people safe and occupied for the time being. But outposts are vulnerable to attack from pirates, something we discovered the hard way during our initial attempts to establish our foothold in space. Moreover, outside the walls of our citadel the future of Warclones is still questionable. Avalon may be a refuge, but its just as much a prison until we can firmly establish our own little piece of sovereignty free of outside influence. Avalon can’t just be a facility. It has to be a nation, capable of standing on its own and dealing diplomatically with the outside world."

[Hoovand]
"And is this mission making progress? Are you any much closer to obtaining that sovereignty and prestige of being a fully fledged nation than when you started?"

[Galm]
"We’ve formed a government, established diplomatic relations, and have collectively agreed to a set of codes and regulations to ensure rule of law. By all accounts, we act as a nation. The only thing we have left to achieve is the establishment of sovereign territory outside of Molden Heath and secure international recognition. Given that the planets of Molden Heath are an integral part of the Minmatar Republic and not likely to be ceded to former mercenaries however we may soon be faced with the decision to move our operations elsewhere."

[Hoovand]
"Speaking of government, a recent restructuring was announced?"

[Galm]
"Absolutely. Prior to this restructuring the Bosena Accords operated under a vague system of free-association with radically decentralized power and an ineffectual government. It was inefficiency by design, intended to make the Bosena Accords less of a military alliance and far more of a neutral council where multiple mercenary corporations could coordinate on equal footing. This system was very effective during the earlier years when I acted as the de facto executive of the Bosena Accords, but we found that it does a poor job of providing all the support needed for an undertaking like Project Avalon. At first I was opposed to many of these changes on principle alone, but I came around to seeing the benefits of such an arrangement so long as liberty of independent Warclones within the Accords were not infringed."

[Hoovand]
"But it appears there’s another reason for this decision? With the announcement there was mention of a "Case Green Magic". Could you by chance go into detail about why this is a concern of the accords? Maybe enlighten us to what it is?"

[Galm]
"I’m not certain I’m entirely qualified to speak on behalf of CONCORD, but the circumstances surrounding Case Green Magic are worrying. With ship disappearances in Molden Heath becoming commonplace and talks of boarding parties circulating… It wouldn’t be the first time someone could easily point the finger at us and claim Warclones are responsible for these actions. In that regard I’m almost relieved at the rumors of Nation involvement and that it isn’t a rogue band of mercenaries."

[Hoovand]
"We’re starting to run out of time on this interview, but are you at liberty to say what the Accords relationship is like with CONCORD? Or with the Big Four for that matter? With the initial fear of Warclones being blamed for these incidents, is there some uneasy trust? Are any of these entities looking for an excuse to clamp down further on Warclones?"

[Galm]
"Gods and spirits that’s a lot of ques-- Look, I’ve repeatedly said on record that our relationship with CONCORD may be dodgy given their past behavior it’s absolutely essential that we work with them to make sure of our continued success. The Big Four are a non-issue, with our charter explicitly requiring us to make a continued commitment to neutrality between these factions, and any action taken against us I am just as likely to attribute to the independent actions of a CONCORD that isn’t being held accountable to adhere to their own laws put in place to protect Warclones. Instead of antagonizing them over it however, we must take this chance to work with them and help each other grow and be better."

[Hoovand]
"Interesting…Now, as i said, we’re almost out of time so we need to wrap this up. But I’d like to give you the floor to give us one last comment to close on. Say whatever is on your chest that you want out there.

[Galm]
"I’d just like to say to any Warclones out there in exile or separated from the Accords, you don’t have to hide any longer. There is a place for you in Avalon, and we will work to provide a safe home for you with your comrades. The days of mercenary warlords are over, but that doesn’t mean the age of the warclone is passed. This is just the start, and you can be a part of that."

[Hoovand]
"Galm Eskola-Fae, it was an honor to have you here. I thank you for setting aside the time to come down here. I hope you have a safe trip home"

[Galm]
"Thank you for having me Hoovand, this has been a great experience. Rikaato, hivaa saitsuo!"

[Authorization of release of this interview]

6 Likes