Rebalance Incursion Mothership Sites

No, thats gameplay. What do you think is “jumping on a WH farming fleet with my combat fleet”? I ruin their plan (which was: making a lot of ISK) by turning it into “losing a lot of ISK”. Sometimes that works, sometimes it doesnt. If you see no ways to stop these guys, ask yourself why you can’t stop them and advocate for removing the hinderance (which probably is CONCORD, right?). Instead you want game mechanics that stop them from succeeding with their plan.

I argue for reworking all of incursions myself. This problem just shines a light on how old some PVE things are in EVE (like missions cough cough)

Something NEEDED but both parties wont ever agree on lol.

Gankers want to keep doing their thing.
The fleets want to keep making ISK.

Reworking all of incursions will cause gankers to adapt and the fleets to adapt and noone wants to adapt. :joy:

That is why we are asking CCP to change incursions. There is no way to stop them.

what is not exclusive to each other? correct me if i’m wrong:

1 - You “farm” a site to it’s maximum isk possible, you purposefully do not kill the mom to krab it. If I were to use your logic, you and your group of krabs would be doing an “exploit”, and someone should do a thread to CCP complaining about your exploits.

2 - Hawk sees this degenerate exploit and decides to wreck your entire operation.

3 - You decide to play victim and decide that this is griefing.

Welcome to EVE online I guess. You either adapt or die. Or dock. Find other ways to make isk.

1 Like

And after this change you want, what way would the other guys have to stop you?

Oh trust me man people in incursions do it as a side job. They are stupid rich even from a few hrs of multiboxing incursions or their EVE PVE/Indy in Null.

10 accounts taking 31.5mil ISK +7k LP per site and that adds up after 3-5hrs.

EVE Online is a sandbox game, griefing for fun without a profit motivation is a common past time in this game, and I would consider a cornerstone to what the game has been presented as over the years. You misunderstand to think I don’t know this and denying what it is, is pretty silly imo. Many times CCP has implemented balance patches for similar non combatable issues, perma bumping being an example where the pilot(s) being harassed had zero recourse to prevent it.

I think Syzgium is understanding my point better in there can be better ways for this content to be handled for completion. Albeit heavy handed, suspect timers could actually be a solution. Although a good chunk of incursioners might disagree lol.

I think a balanced approach is necessary, and what I offer is not a perfect solution for either party by any means, but I believe is necessary for the content to continue. From a gameplay stand point it doesn’t really make sense for a ‘world raid’ style boss to be headshot on the first day of an event to end it. Nor does it make sense for Sansha to have incursions in sov nullsec where in Lore their goal is to abduct non capsuleers from populated space.

If not maybe it’s time for CCP to retire Mr Sansha Kuvekai from highsec for awhile and implement some new large scale pve for highsec people to take part in. Both trig invasions and drifter incursions were interesting PvE content that CCP could use as guidelines for something new. It’s a style of gameplay many pilots enjoy, also not entirely for profit motivations. Similar to how ganking isn’t always profit driven but can be very lucrative.

2 Likes

Incursions spawn in an RNG matter and last in a similar manner. A focus can go mobilizing right after day one, or day five. What I offered means the focus can still be closed whether incursion runners like it or not, while still giving them a minimal amount of time to actually enjoy the content.

The People Who benefit mostly from implementing the change suggested making it slightly longer before mobilising and are Complaining are people who run 10+ accounts and run in a closed community of maybe 5-10 People just find others ways to make isk.

1 Like

The people who benefit most from not changing it and continuing to close it instantly box 10-20 accounts in a closed group of maybe 5-10 people. Just find other ways to farm salt.

2 Likes

You covered a lot that is outside of this OP :sweat_smile: but yes I do wish we had 1 person = 1 account but someone needs to keep the lights on.

Literally every PVE content is repeated over and over and over again. Crying exploits is a shallow narrative no one is buying. Content should be balanced or replaced not simply removed, as that only pushes people out of the game entirely when they get less and less to do in EVE.

2 Likes

What did you delete?

Proofreading maybe on your part, but “shut down the faucet” not sure can be taken in any other way, and if you want to see people quitting the game just look at Aiko’s blog where they regurgitate the same narrative. I would LOVE if they removed this over a decade old content and replaced it with something better, but CCP won’t or can’t for whatever reason, so it is what it is.

your ykw

you need a citation ???
ok how about the closure of the Chinese EVE Online server, cited enough?

I do not understand how someone else running a site before you get around to it could be classified as “griefing”…

2 Likes

The majority of times they have run the site, they have been contested by one of the active HQ fleets and did not get any payout or loot drops, they do not have a fleet comp that could possibly take on such a contest, but regardless continue to do it, so them running the site for its intended effect to get a payout does not seem to be their incentive to clearing it.

Allow me to help you with your problem in reading comprehension.

Now, I’m going to zoom in a bit more here.

A little more.

And lets go in a bit further…

Almost there….

lets add some emphases because I don’t think you can see it.

Still not enough. Gotta make sure you see it after all…

Now let’s add in something profound that you said…

Now, interestingly enough, what you are hinting at here, is fixing the problem as well!

Wow! Look at that! We are in agreement!

Zowie! That’s amazing!

Amazing indeed.