Recommended Alpha fit for Dominix? (previous sub)

Upon hearing alpha clones can now fly Battleships I decided to dust off my old Dominix and do some missions. Needless to say I rushed into a mission without actually checking what was disabled, not realizing that the hull tank Garde sniper PVE build I had back in 2013 is incompatible with alpha (due to no Garde’s for a start).

With that in mind I’m wondering what is a good alpha fit for this ship now?

1 Like

No fits handy atm, but google search works well.

Liang Nueren or Tipia (can’t remember) had the default shield tank heavy drone Domi

Also the old skool dual rep domi.

Both work just fine, but the Domi isn’t exactly the most efficient boat for Alpha’s

i vote for shield tank (against my race is armor-thank specialized ships), it s like an instinc, and in my case goes very good… only take the fit (and ship) with you feel good … and every follow will go well too.

Well. This looks to be fairly alpha compatible, but that reduced drone range from losing some of the skills means you might consider dropping one gun for a drone control range module. Otherwise its all on you for killing anything past 40k.

And you’re probably better off sending the medium drones out than the heavies against anything further than 30k anyways. Stuck with navy issue heavies because you can’t use T2 heavies let alone any sentries on the alpha skill set.

[Dominix, Heavy Drones / Shield]

Drone Damage Amplifier II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Tracking Enhancer II

X-Large C5-L Emergency Shield Overload I
Pith C-Type Kinetic Deflection Field
Pith C-Type Thermal Dissipation Field
Heavy Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I
100MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner

350mm Prototype Gauss Gun

Large Capacitor Control Circuit I

Hammerhead II x5
Hobgoblin II x5
Federation Navy Ogre x5
Republic Fleet Berserker x5
Valkyrie II x5

Lead Charge L x2000
Antimatter Charge L x5000
Cap Booster 800 x10
Nanite Repair Paste x150

Drone BSes are a poor choice for alpha due to reduced control range and no T2 heavies or even T1 sentries.
I’d reconsider.

Armageddon and Rattlesnake both say “What?” to that statement. RHML or cruise missile fits with a utility drone high and alpha clone can still be dealing plenty of damage at range. Navy issue drones and Geckos are still a thing too.

Even under alpha restrictions that Domi fit I linked above is pulling ~600-850 DPS against targets within range depending on which set of drones you are using. Yes they may not be as optimal as they could be with subscription status active but one can most certainly play around the restrictions. You simply have to be smart about knowing how far you can reasonably send heavy drones and be able to retrieve them as new waves arrive or the rats switch targeting.

If anything drones are one of the stronger options for alpha clones because of being locked out of the 5th ranks of a lot of the gunnery tab. Its T2 RHML or meta 4s in the large size class weapons category for alpha clones. Meaning they lose significant amounts of DPS and have to use more expensive pirate battleships to attempt to close the gap. Or they just go straight for the Rattle and still have stupid DPS for their PvE needs.

Oh and with the upcoming SoCT Battleship and the Hunter BCU lows… Missiles plus drones style ships are going to be significantly outperforming straight gunboat options.

I believe you wanted to fly the Dominix Navy Issue instead.

Build fits on the Domi, on the Navy Issue you can throw in a large compact cap battery, swap one of the cap rigs over to a power grid rig, and refit the entire upper rack to meta 425s instead of 350s. Ship hull is over twice as expensive though. Granted damage on upgrading to the Navy Issue can go straight past 1100 DPS.

I do not argue with your point but its drone boats who loose tons of damage due to inability to use T2 heavies plus loss of damage due to skills. If not for navy drones, things would have been very grim.
gun/missiles BSes only need to deal with damage loss from skills as meta 4 modules are identical to T2 dps wise.

T2 Ammo has one hell of an effect on effective DPS and effective range of application. You’d maybe have a point if CCP had gotten around to letting faction meta guns use T2 ammo by now. The only real pain point is lack of sentry drones for drone boats.

The large gunboats that can never use T2 ammo have it far worse because the amount of difference between a navy heavy and a t2 heavy drone is significantly less than the difference between having T2 scorch/conflag or being forced into using T1 microwave/multifreq for that range for example. When the effective DPS difference per turret because of T2 ammo can be upwards of 40-50… lets just say gun boats aren’t getting out unscathed. Meanwhile heavy drones have always had higher DPS than sentries to make up for travel time vs instant hit.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.