Referal Link has gone to fast

I’m with the OP on this. The referral link stuff is a cancer in-game.

What is the point if it? To get players to return I assume? So why allow it in-game at all? By all means as a small reward for YTers or those running web sites who actually do work and drive traffic back into the game.

Yes good chat does go on in NPC corp chats. Also I watch local, and these people are an annoyance as they are distracting. In a trade hub of course spamming is expected but everywhere?? And for what? This is low-effort low-reward high-annoyance and what’s even more irritating is that many of them pretend they are somehow doing Eve a service?! The irony.

I would hazard a guess that many returning players have more than one account so they can keep the referral XP to themselves anyway. And who deserves this? A content creator, web developer or someone who is just a lazy irritant that wastes the time of almost everyone?

In fact, what is the point of this at all?

“Why don’t you just block them?”

Why should I have to? Why should 1000 people accommodate the actions of one selfish person? One person whose actions would cripple a system if all 1000 people adopted them?

If it’s wrong to value a system, and wrong to value the needs of the many over the individual, then call me a luxury space communist and I am 100% fine with that, comrade.

1 Like

It’s not just that, some of these people actively circumvent being blocked by recycling their alts sometimes with the exact same name (but not same character ID thus avoid the block) on a regular basis thus blocking them is of no use.

Not to mention the block list is part of the contact list thus shares the same max. contacts limit so the more people you block the less contacts you can have.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.