Regarding RSS and illegal arrests

I can’t claim that the ongoing conflict on Skarkon, nor the Heath at large is enough of a destabilizing force to pose any significant threat to the RSS as an institution. However, our war in the Heath has uncovered many of the systemic issues with the RSS that many Matari have turned a blind eye to until now. While we are not in open conflict with the RSS their support of the Krullefor and their Seykal allies in the Heath has devastated the region. Their support for these rogue warlords are just one facet of their corruption, but one that the Bosena Accords and our allies have become intimately familiar with in the last several months of conflict.

The Skarkon War might not threaten the RSS permanently outside of the Heath, but it has been enough to destabilize them and make them sweat. This is latest crackdown is a pathetic act of despiration. They are clearly on the back foot for the first time when it comes to managing the situation, to the point that they are now openly taking the opportunity to seemingly “clean house” against any opposition within the Republic under the guise of “counter-terrorism” before things start truly turning against them. As a survivor of Heth’s warclone purge within the State, it’s all too unsettling to see the same pattern play out for the RSS that took place among the Templis now that their power is finally wanning.

To those within the Republic that continue to see the RSS as a necessary evil, I ask you; necessary for what? When the Republic Security Service drags your kin, your people, away in chains labeling them as terrorists to maintain their control and stifle any opposition how does that serve the Republic’s goal of creating a free state for your people?

My heart weeps for all people affected by the criminal actions of the RSS, but I am overjoyed that many within the Republic are waking up to the extent of their corruption. I encourage others, both in the Heath and across the Minmatar Republic, to continue the fight for justice and to work to fully uncover the extent of the RSS conspiracy.

3 Likes