Remembering Where We Come From

That’s very much how I read it.

I mean, she’s not the only one. To get people used to the extent of my damage, I often explain myself as an absurdly well-educated six-year-old. (Going on seven.) But obviously that’s a metaphor.

Perhaps it’s better starting to tell stories in a more objective way

Some things are easier to explain in metaphor. A few things can only really be explained in metaphor.

1 Like

A story does not need to be true to be real.

5 Likes

Nope. Everything can have an objective point of view, otherwise it’s just a mass of words without any sense.

So you’re saying she lied?

A Gallente that eschews self-determination and subjective morality for the boundaries of universal objectivism…. Fascinating.

Have you ever had a memory which you swear to be true but no-one else around you can vouch for or even swears to the opposite?

That memory is not less real even if society would deem it untrue. You can still live in that moment in your mind even if no-one else can share it.

1 Like

Uh, no.

More like saying don’t take things too literally.

Do you think we’re all poets? And do you think that a simple request of a more precise explanation leads to characterize a person like a completely materialist being? Who is this being, a Caldari soldier?

That’s why this being is asking for more details about what does she said.

My mistake, and an unfair assumption that most Gallente fancy themselves as philosophers…

That doesn’t particularly sound like a reasonable request for more precise information. You aren’t separating events that physically happened, from what can possibly be observed and remembered, and then are using those limitations to devalue the story… as if a humans weren’t fallible, and could possess objective memories in the first place.

What you remember is something that can be probably physically happened but you don’t completely recall it. A simple phrase like “I don’t remember. The only thing I recall is…” at the start of the phrase could have explained even more than the current one.

Oh. I didn’t expected my experience would spark such a discussion.
I feel like I owe you some more precise and grounded explanation, indeed.

By explosion, I was of course referring to the explosion of my ship, and then my capsule.
Then, something occured, and still occurs each time that happens.
Technically, I think something went wrong during the transfer, either because of a technical problem, either because of me, or, more specifically, my brain (not speaking of my soul, maybe?).

It was like an epiphany, and that’s why I choosed to relate it in terms of sensations, because that’s what striked me the most, obliterating who I was, in a way. I embraced it, perhaps too much. And it was like a drug, and I seeked this again, through some combat, for example.

All that to say I’m probably a bit mad, like that occurs to many capsuleers, be it a “natural” process or because of glitches in the machine (maybe similar to what happened to Aria Jenneth, from what she said, even if I’m under the impression it was a one time experience for her). I’m passionate about that and what it make of us, and can’t really relate my experience other than by metaphors.

I hope that clarifies things a bit.

See? Now the story is more clear.

1 Like

Please don’t feel you have to clarify on behalf of anyone in the IGS, lovely.

1 Like

Especially to spoony bards that refer to themselves as “units”

My parents were both Liberal Holders from Amarr Prime and staunch supporters of House Tash-Murkon. A unique aspect regarding my family is that they enjoyed travels and made their vistations to foreign nations very often, an unusual trait among many holders. They were true believers of Tash-Murkonite cause of self determination embodied by the heir Catiz, and they told me once the reason for their often travels is to “broaden their views of New Eden” for “all these territories will be reclaimed into Amarr eventually, and knowing of it will only strengthen the Amarrian hegemony.” It is highly ironic that their demise occurred during one of their travels where they fell victim to the mass uplifting by the Sansha’s Nation man-drones.

I was born as their only child aboard in a Gallentean Pleasure Yacht they leased for their travels and most of my childrearing was done by the enslaved Matari caretakers under my parent’s possession. In my youngest years I knew not of the atrocities of my people done against the Matari. But as I grew and eavesdropped upon my family’s slaves benefitting from the shroud that is my birth-parent’s neglective style of parenting, I slowly learned to disdain the evils of slavery and the Amarrian faith itself.

Even more surprisingly, it was my parent’s will that I became a capsuleer, which they somehow saw it as an opportunity to strenghten their influence. Little they knew I applied to the program only to usurp them as family head, renounce the Amarr Empire and to free all slaves my family held. It was immediately after my voluntary euthansia to enter capsuleerhood that I learned of their demise. So I pulled some strings against my greedy cousins, and I took control of all my famlial fortune including all the Matari slaves.

After I was involved in a short scuffles with drifters during my mandatory cooperation with the Imperial Navy, I liquidated all my family’s assets and sold all my estates to fund my capsuleer career, liberated all my family’s slaves to Republic protection, and hacked one of my arm off with a Black Dagger modified as a scalpel as a sign of my total renouncement of the so called true faith. I left a large bonfire formed of burning codices of Pax Amarr, some being precious antique copies belonging to my family collection, in the former site of my familial estate, I left to the sea of stars in a Serpentis Vindicator I bought from the Isks I gathered from my family’s former fortune.

Octavech Raholan
Former Holder turned freedom fighter.
Proud traitor and an apostate.
Renouncer of Amarrian superstitions and oppression.
Sworn enemy of Code. and Safety. cultists.

“Your God does not exist.”

1 Like

CBD sponsored me to join this merry band of misfits that we call capsuleers.

Parents were pretty happy about it.

I should call my mom.

1. Parents has been lost to history, but i was loved.

2. I was born on a freighter, somewhere in Metropolis.
    I grew up on said freighter and various stations and planets, even did some time on Pator to learn some of the clans business.

3. No siblings, but plenty of aunts,uncles,cousins and so forth.

4. Ecstatic is one word of putting it, capsuleer means isk.
    Something clan Ash was lacking at the time, plus the added fame of having a pilot in the clan.

My mother was Anastasija Swolin. She never told me anything about my father whilst she was still alive. She was killed in action during a Blood Raider attack on the city of Sundsele, located on the Mikramurka continent on the planet Matar in the Pator system, on the seventh of June in YC121. After her death was confirmed, I received a letter written by her as a part of her will. This letter revealed that my father was a Sebiestor baseliner who served in the Republic Fleet, whose name and clan she did not mention. Apparently they met at a party during shoreleave on the 31st of December in YC99, which resulted in a thing for a night. She had only heard from him twice after that. Once when the ship he was serving on defected to the Defiants with all hands in June of YC108, and once when he was killed in action when the ship he was serving on was destroyed by the Republic Fleet in orbit of the tenth planet in the Auga system in February of YC109.

In my clan it is customary for all children to join the Swolin Clan Cadet Corps at the age of five, with the mother receiving paid maternity leave between the day the child is born and the day the child is given over to the SCCC. My mother wanted to return to active duty early, and thus I was given over to the SCCC at the age of three, where I became a part of the class of YC103. I remained in the SCCC until I was fourteen years old, at which time I was transferred to the Sebiestor Tribe Cadet Corps in YC114. I then enjoyed the slightly less intensive training regime of the STCC until I was transferred to the Republic Fleet at the age of seventeen in YC117. Since joining the Republic Fleet is my Clan’s condition for being considered an adult, I then underwent the Voluval ritual. After that I underwent aptitude testing in order to determine which role I was best suited to fulfill in the RF. Said aptitude test included a check for capsule compatibility, which yielded a favourable outcome. I was transferred to the Republic Military School in the Ammold system, where I trained to become a Capsuleer until I undocked in a Reaper in YC122. Consequently my upbringing can be said to have been a collaborative project between my mother, my Clan, my Tribe and the Fleet.

A hospital in the city of Sundsele.

A training compound in the frozen steppes of Mikramurka.

The entirety of the YC103 class of the SCCC, as well as a substantial number of biological half-brothers and half-sisters who shall not be named for reasons pointed out by an ancestral enemy in this thread.

My clan considers me to have sacrificed myself to become an immortal guardian spirit when I performed the initial clone jump that led to the demise of my original body, at 18:39 PM on the twenty-seventh of February, YC122. My body and I were then transported to my clan’s ancestral homelands in the frozen steppes, where I observed as I received a sky burial. That burial method was reserved for those the Clan considered war heroes until a member of our clan became a Fleet Capsuleer for the first time. As such I consider it self-evident that they expect great things from me.

I was born in the medical facilities of my home city of Carcos, one of the three city-complexes on the planet Asakai. My mother was a Navy officer, my father an industrial engineer.

I spent my first few years between the hab blocks of my city and the Navy logistical fleet in orbit. My mother didn’t trust leaving me on the surface for long, considering the volatile nature of the politics between the city-complexes and the harsh nature of the planet, but by the time I was old enough to enter the workforce at seven, my parents managed to settle their disagreement and came to live in the city. It was beginning to get safer by then.

I have one sister. She and my parents are doing quite well, safely hidden away from danger, although last year there was an incident where they nearly came under threat from a local Guristas cell.

When it comes to what they think of my career, it was my mother’s connections that got me considered for the program in the first place. There are hereditary neurological mutations in native Asakaians that make becoming a capsuleer quite difficult, but I suppose due to me being a halfbreed, I don’t suffer as much from them and managed to successfully complete the process.

1 Like