Continuing the discussion from The possible solution for FC HeadShotting:
Remote shield/armor repair is simply too powerful, and more importantly too predictable right now. It creates a well-defined point in the engagement that the FC can anticipate long in advance where they will start losing ships because of no longer having critical mass of logistics ships. Get rid of that predictability, and make it possible to either grind someone down in spike of reps, or give them resource constraints that make it possible to push those reps past the point of sustainability even when there is a critical mass, and the meta will be much healthier and much less alpha dependent.
There’s at least a few possible approaches that would make remote shield and armor repair less powerful, and less predictable, some of which include:
- Stacking Penalties on Remote Repair modules.
- Increased capacitor cost based on how lower the target’s HP is.
- Increased capacitor cost for “overheal”
- Increased capacitor cost based on “low water mark” (lowest HP over 30 second period)
- Decreased effectiveness based on “low water mark”
- Reducing incoming repairs by resists.