So, Remote shield reps have some notable disadvantages compared to armor in many circumstances. Namely:
- Less cap efficient.
- Less raw HP/s
- No variants beyond t2 for large remote shield reps.
- No rigs or unique implants for shield to up repair amount or make them more cap efficient.
- Much harder to get benefits from Saviors because of the much less cap efficient nature of shield reps.
These are compounded by the battleships with bonuses to armor reps, which aren’t duplicated in shield.
Thus I propose
- Remote Shield Repair Maximizer rigs, which increase rep amount by 12.5/ 15% (t1/t2 respectively) in exchange for a 10% increase in CPU needed
- Remote Shield Port Optimizer rigs which reduce cap used per cycle by 20/25%(t1/t2 respectively) in exchange for a 10% increase in signature radius
- A series of remote shield repair sets which mirror the Asklepian sets, possibly in the Sansha LP store
This would provide a fairly large shakeup, and make shield small gang able to compete other than by pure kite with armor small gang, as well as making more of the fleet PVE more even between shields and armor