Remove Tethering? Its Too Safe?

Thethering is an elegant system. Undocking and instantly dying because the client vas still loading, or you do not have an instawarp bookmark for that station, or you were not ejected perfectly aligned with it, is more about chance, bureaucracy, and latency, than it is about skill and preparation.

Tethering facilitates making decisions before the game session properly begins. It makes for a fantastic staging position where you may adjust the overview, window layout, and obtain tactical awareness in a way that cannot be done from inside the citadel. It is of course meant to be safe, and does enhance the game experience.

As an explorer there are less annoyances now with tethering. No longer it is necessary to go warping around to create safes before starting to scan in a system with a friendly citadel. Creating safes is not engaging or interesting gameplay. Same goes for creating and using insta-undock bookmarks.

Alpha explorers can also use friendly citadels to scan from, which should make them happy, as they cannot cloak.

Tethering is good.

5 Likes

Why don’t you blow up the source of the tether? Try F1…

1 Like

I did. No minerals were mined. :disappointed:

–Gadget, Citadel miner

3 Likes

@Rocket_Hellfire We need to ban concord, they kill things that pew and that is bad…

Also we need to ban tanking as well, it is too safe :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Calm down, miner :slight_smile:

1 Like

Doesn’t look like you get many fights.

Seems like you are pussy for real.

no actually I hae pics that were submitted to a GM of a concord fleet called to a citadel shortly after a gank with the fleet undocking, concord arriving and just sitting there. no drivel.

Calm down pilot. lol

Then this is a new bug. I tested this extensively on the test server, and at least a couple times on TQ, and undocking from an Upwell Structure with a criminal timer always resulted in the rapid summoning of CONCORD and the explosion of your ship. In contrast, if you undock as a -10 the Faction Police do arrive, but you are protected under the tether until you do something.

Are you sure you aren’t confusing CONCORD with the Faction Police? In any case though, it really isn’t a game breaking bug if a tether is protecting you from CONCORD as you can’t do anything of note while under a tether. Any aggressive action will just break the tether and result in your explosion. I guess you could shoot people docking or undocking from that particular citadel during your 15 minute time out, but it gives no advantage to the gankers anywhere outside of tether range.

yeah I was following the gankers around when after a gank on a freighter the pods warped to citadel, so I went to citadel to follow them in warp next to watch a whole fleet undock and cut engines with concord showing up outside the citadel tether range. I definitely cant confuse the 2 for sure.

I have a pic of a thrasher waiting out GCC with 4 concord looking on waiting to shoot.

edit: unless somethings changed since I took the pics, but I haven’t heard of anything. ill follow some more around when I gather all of my ore from the next 40 stations and go back to stalking.

On reflection, perhaps you could use such a bug to do some pseudo-hyperdunking if you can get into warp before being pointed by CONCORD. I assume they would show up as normal once you landed on grid, but if you can pre-align and insta-warp, you could bypass the GCC lockout like the hyperdunkers used to.

It’s still not especially game-breaking as CONCORD will get you every time, but it would circumvent the intention that you sit out for 15 minutes. However, if you just float freely doing nothing under tether protection, it is exactly the same as sitting in station and makes no impact on the game at all.

If you undock under GCC you can’t even warp…

How ignorant are you?
And afaik if you undock from a Cita you have the same advantages of being inside a pos shield

Why should Concord magically bypass rules us demi-gods can’t?

Insta-warp using well placed bookmark’s :wink:

Allowing negative sec status people to just sit in space being ignored by the faction police kind of makes High Sec seem a little lamer. In the old POS days, the police would just shoot through the forcefields.

Faction police could shoot through the POS forcefields.

We should ban logi- need more explosions🔥

1 Like

Or just introduce a ship that can block logi reps :stuck_out_tongue:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.