Remove titan and supers from low sec allow only dreads and carriers

Well, as said, they serve no engaging purpose.

1 Like

So you donā€™t like war?

It is natural for large coalitions and alliances to fight each other. the specific reason doesnā€™t matter. Itā€™s just human nature. Almost everyone wants to control their slice.
When you have such a large coalition, much like irl with countries, it is natural to invent or use bigger weapons.
In this case, Supers and Titans serve as higher end warfare. Sub-caps still have their place, in skirmishes and in support of the big toy battles.

I voted No because an option for no caps isnt there

2 Likes

I voted no, I live in low/null, I donā€™t own any supers nor do I belong to one of the ā€œthe most powerful groupsā€, so none of the ā€œReasons you voted noā€ could possibly apply to meā€¦

To be honest, all the ā€œnoā€ reasons sound like they were thought up by someone who just lost his dread/carrier and is whining about his loss. That pretty much gets an automatic ā€œnope!ā€ from me, i donā€™t care who dropped you.

I believe there should be an escalation option for someone using carriers/dreads in low sec. Banning supers from low just shifts the goal posts, dreads/carriers will become the all-powerful ships, and next youā€™ll see people suggesting those should be banned as well.

2 Likes

There are hardly any supercaps in lowsec anyway.

No one can do anything in hi-sec. You cannot begin any kind of pvp career except for ganking on alts or learning how to structure bash.

Compared to null; true.

Compared to none at all, thereā€™s plenty.

Thatā€™s not entirely true. Wardec and battle.

Wardecs are overwhelmingly structure bashes. And take a large investment before you can even take part in one.

This is the main reason Iā€™m now saying to remove supers from low, because high-sec pvp is so tremendously f*cked that low sec is the only place for beginner/small gang pvp.

1 Like

You want them to come to lowsec so you can shoot them, I think your idea of intimidation is a little out of wack.
In Null there is a thing in some places called ā€œnot red donā€™t shootā€ Iā€™ve been all over both low and nullsec and lowsec is ā€œitā€™s not me, shoot itā€.
Iā€™m not intimidated by anything or anyone so I go where I please, sometimes I get killed for doing so but it doesnā€™t slow me down one bit. The verbal abuse I get in lowsec never ever happens in nullsec so honestly if someone comes and blows you to smithereens itā€™s not going to bother me in the slightest. In fact I think I will make popcorn, sit back, and take some pictures.

1 Like

I want all ships to be able to go everywhere, and I want to be able to use my bombs in Jitaā€¦ The undocking portsā€¦ Oh my god the chaos that would create.

1 Like

I think beginners would be better off in nullsec, itā€™s not as wildly overpopulated.

No caps in low aside from transportation (e.g. a new mechanic that only allows you to cyno within a few KM of an NPC station or an Upwell structure owned by your corporation alliance, or just remove their ability to apply damage). Low-sec should be a place where a three-month-old player can go to experiment without getting dropped by sixty-three Aeons while getting called a ā€œscrubbieā€ (true story).

Because being killed by 63 (insert preferred sub-cap here) is completely different.

Different mechanics. If you tackle someone in low and then wait half an hour until 63 people arrive from all over to get on the kill mail, thatā€™s fair (especially since the targetā€™s potential reinforcements can use that time to arrive as well). But capitals teleport right on top of you within seconds.

I have rarely, if ever, seen a tackle engage without backup within a couple jumps. Not to mention, said tackle would have to be able to cyno.

• I am tackle. my favorite thing to do, outside of mining and producing.

Itā€™s not much of a hassle to follow your main around with a cyno alt, which (because of new cyno ship requirements) also makes for a good scout.

Interesting hypothetical.
Like I said, I have rarely, if ever, seen a tackle out engaging targets without backup somewhere very close. It doesnā€™t matter if the overwhelming force is cap or sub-cap, itā€™s overwhelming force.
That does appear to be the name of the game in pvp at the moment. Relatively few pilots engage solo anymore, as far as Iā€™ve seen. There are a few, of course, but the majority of people have friends near to help.

Itā€™s easier to force a fight in null because of bubble camps and limited docking. This invariably favours blobbing.

In low sec you have more options for avoiding one sided fights which allows small gangs to prosper.

So sure, a new player that wants to play the blobby fights, goto null. But currently there are few places small gang players can have their niche, and especially few places for small gang players to begin/learn.

Faction warfare is such a place, but so few of the players in faction warfare are there for pvp.

1 Like

The only way to make low-sec ā€œprosperā€ is to introduce prey to the environment. It canā€™t just be a bunch of skin-heads beating each other over the head with smartbombing battleships and supers while drooling and making gargly noises. Eliminating the one thing that allows bored, kill-starved null-sec krab-bears to project their power into what is essentially still empire space would help in this regard. ā€œYou can no longer get hot-droppedā€ would be a good headline to get more high-sec dwellers to at least try weekend-tripping into low-sec.

1 Like

I donā€™t think being hot dropped is the primary concern about lowsec. Itā€™s been the smartbomb gatecamps.
At least from the perspective of a nullbear.

2 Likes