Remove titan and supers from low sec allow only dreads and carriers

The goal isn’t to get you into low-sec, though; you already have enough.

It’s to get some people out of high-sec to mine Nocxium or maybe try some level 5 missions.

That was you? I loved that story when I read it!

The best battles in any war have always been fought when no supers and titans were involved. Every battle in any big war that involved titans and supers always resulted in unsatisfying, unrewarding, unengaging tidishitlagfests.

1 Like

Are those unsatisfying tidi fights because of the supers, or is there a shared reason for both supers and tidi to appear?

My guess is the latter. People bring out big toys and large fleets when a lot is at stake, and this then results in slow tidi fights. It is not caused by supers.

1 Like

The problem really isn’t the big fights mostly, it’s the fact that people can meme around in supers and be virtually uncatchable. We’ve improved a bit from the meta where supers could only be tackled effectively by tackle rorquals, but it is still overly difficult to force a fight when someone drops a super. In nullsec dropping supers means something at least because if you do not have subcap dominance you will be bubbled. In lowsec you are able to drop your nano super on most fleets with zero chance of being tackled at any point. The ability to essentially safely engage any fleet with less than 3 HICs is absurd.

1 Like

It is caused by supers. Reason for that is because supers and titans require large numbers of people and their code is more calculation intense. Huge numbers of sub caps also cause tidi but in those fights you generally have a functional client at the very least.

Cry supers too stronk
→ Remove
Cry dreads and carriers now too stronk
→ Remove
Cry Hacs and BS now too stronk
→ Remove

There will always be bigger fish. Htfu

Friendly reminder that Battleships used to be the big fish and needed sub bs support. More ISK → More big stuff thrown around.

If at all. These threads about capital / super spam are the biggest argument for scarcity era

Hot dropping is a separate issue. You can keep your titan in null and bridge people into low-sec. And you can still hot drop with a ton of carriers, dreads and FAX.

With the above aside, as a nullbear your primary (or only) use for low sec is a place to travel through. So the only issues you and your friends will talk about is mechanics and tactics involving travel.

Supers have entirely different mechanics to dreads and carriers. E-war resistance and such.

There’s also a massive entry barrier to supers. Cost and construction is just on a different level.

Sure it takes a while before new kids on the block can challenge people with dreads and carriers or use their own…but it is so much longer before that can happen with supers, if ever.

Concept is okay, but doesn’t really go far enough. One of the design issues with EVE is that new players are in direct competition with vets from day 1, even in starter systems. There’s little sense of progression, and few ways for groups of any size to limit the scope of engagements to something interesting.

Your option “I want to use my carriers and dreads without getting dropped by titans and supers” can just as easily be turned into “I want to use my cruisers and battleships without getting dropped by capitals”.

They should have something like 0.4-0.2 space is low-sec, but sub-caps only. Then a swath of 0.1-0.0 systems that allow dreads/carriers, and then suv null space and maybe some others for supercaps.

(This is aside from WHs which have their own ship size/travel mechanics but which represent a very different playstyle.)

It’s awesome that someone is doing it, I have lived in low a long time and barely ever see any.

This has has happend a few times:

“O I see there is a 10 man init gang camping PF- lets go fight them.”
Scouts" O they have a few bs’s we could just bring our own bs’s to fight them as we have about equal numbers!"
“But they will just drop caps on us”, “we can bump dreads to mess up their tracking and ecm fighters so lets go!”
“they will just drop us with supers thou which can point web you with just drones and kill your bs in 10 seconds and we don’t have enough ecm for all those drones”
“Ok ■■■■ it lets go somewhere else for fights”.

TIL scram drones exist now.

What is TIL?

Today I Learnt

1 Like

To be honest, supercapitals should have never been introduced in the first place as they tend to escalate standard, mostly fun fights into total TiDi borefests or multihour marathons which many players don’t enjoy and just fight in them out of sheer necessity.

The ship line should end at dreads and carries.

1 Like

Well, your ‘No’ answers aren’t slanted and biased at all.

From the perspective of a guy who used to be in one of those tiny groups that pretty much had to only use caps, and do so quickly lest we get swallowed by larger entities…

No, they shouldn’t be removed from low sec. I’ve said it before. I have very clear recollection of having the map open when we were about to throw down dreads, so I could watch the cyno chains start lighting up from the corners of the maps. STILL, I’m saying no, they shouldn’t be removed from low sec. The issue isn’t the supers, it’s the game’s mechanics that always favor larger groups(right up to that point the server breaks because YOLO’ing 6k dudes into 5k deployed, fat, sweaty goons is always a good idea).

What needs to happen is the mechanics - the ones at the core of the game that the current stable of developers at CCP are too cowardly and inept to fix - need to be addressed. Outside of some discord drama, right now there is literally NO reason to not bring 150 dreads instead of 100, if you have the mans. I mean, hey, we got 6 guardians, but… isn’t 8 guardians and a fax better? There are no mechanics in the game that say ‘No, 8 guardians is not better for this situation.’ This needs fixed.

Let’s look at the ignorance of your Yes answers.

Supers cause stagnation: Bruv, any time you yolo thousands of mans into anything, it’s gonna bloat, swell, get fat and sweaty, and then stagnate. And if you’re talking about lag, then I’ve got an old archon fleet that literally nobody uses anymore to sell you that broke the server all the time in its day, too.

I want to use my… No. Doesn’t matter. You put ships on the field, someone is always gonna wanna show up with his buddies and give you the old backdoorbandit treatment. It’s not about you using a dread or a carrier. Hell show up in low sec with a battleship, see if you don’t get blobbed then, too. The issue is, again, the game mechanics always leaning toward ‘Well, I could bring one ship… but we could bring two ships…’ THIS is the core issue that needs fixed.

I want low sec to be less… see previous comment about N+1 right up until you yolo into… yeah, I’ve spent enough text on that.

I just hate umbrellas… again, why bring 1 ship when you can bring 2. Okay, so you ban supers. Great, so now you’re gonna have your carrier fighting a dude who has 3 carriers. Or you bring 5 dreads, they bring 10… what are you going to suggest then, we say ‘all sides must agree to fleet comps before fighting?’

And your no answers are so laughable they’re not even worth addressing.

Now, that being said, I don’t inherently disagree with what I believe is your intention at its core. As I said, I’ve spent almost my entire time in Eve being in the smaller group fighting the larger ones, be it with INIT, or Suddenly Spaceships before(but even that is relative based on which side of the coin you were on in any given battle). I hear what you’re saying, but you’re not proposing a solution, you’re proposing yet another bandaid on the already festering wound 17 bandaids deep. But to get there… there are a few things in the base programming of the game that have to be addressed, and I don’t have confidence in CCP having the spine to do it. Nor is it a single fix, it’s several small ones working in tandem that will upset a lot of players who like their dragon’s hoards. But I think we can all agree that there’s a point dragon’s hoards are okay, and a point where they’re definitely extremely unhealthy. CCP just let the game go so far into the unhealthy category I’m not sure it can be fixed at this point.

2 Likes

In the interest of pursuing the conversation a bit further, and because this is a valid concern,

What about a rebalance of the sec status system? Tossing some random numbers out there:

1.0-0.8 - Concord operates as usual
0.7-0.6 - Concord’ll show up, but… it’s gonna take a bit longer(as 0.6-0.5 is right now)
0.5-0.4 - Concord will still suspect flag you and try to get you, but hey, if you get your kill and get out before they show up, you can get away with it. Maybe even scale based on the ‘size’ of the crime.
0.3-0.1 - ‘normal’ low sec
0.0 → Null

*small behavior tweak: More concord on areas with high kill history, like gates.

Create a buffer zone in there where Concord will still show up eventually, but you have time to do your thing, try, die, learn. Gankers already smash the heck out of .5 anyway, so no real change there, but adding a behavior tweak to Concord to camp a gate if it’s getting a lot of ganking done on it provides a possible balance to ganking.

I think the other side of your post here is this: You shouldn’t have to be in Null to fly a super, either. Eve is way past the point of supers being unique enough to say only sov holding alliances should have them.

Moving all PvP to the arena would solve most of these issues.

1 Like

Voted NO because restricting ship sizes to system types feels kinda artificial.

I would very much like to lift all restrictions concerning cynos and capitals ships, including introduction of capitals back to highsec

AND LET THE WEAK BUUUUUURN!!!

:smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

1 Like

A wild @Kenrailae appears!

I think there’s merit to making concord weaker to allow players to have more agency.

Though I’m not sure it will boost small gang fights. The nature of having a timer before concord arrives encourages using quick and brutal ambush tactics rather than skillful tactical play. Crimewatch is also terrible when it comes to group fights and especially those that may include support like logi and boosts.

1 Like