Rename Sec Zones

That was a joke on the forums for years before it actually existed.

I don’t think a simple renaming of anything can cure the carebears of their confusion. Not the names are the problem but the carebears. If you actually want to help them, get a catalyst and shoot them.

I agree with the OP. I have been arguing for at least a decade that there should only be two zones.

Lawful and lawless.

Simple, streamlined, and easily understood by first day players. And as a bonus it gets rid of low sec.

1 Like

Not all gamers have trouble when a game has more than two zones with different game mechanics. Actually I think there is still space for more different types.

It’s not a matter of having trouble with low sec. It’s that it was shoehorned in way back when and has never, ever been a useful use of space.

It’s busy work. Fluff. Filler. Just get rid of it.

1 Like

Possible options:

S somewhat
U unsafe (if you)
C cannot
C concentrate
E every
S second,
L lounging,
A afk,
N napping,
D drinking

W wholesome
A activities
S spoiled
T through
E extreme
L lawlessness
A and
N nearby
D delinquents

C controlled
A activities
N numbingly
D dull
Y yawningly
L looking
A at
N nothing,
D disenfranchised

You can decide what space you want to assign them.

1 Like

Why do you say that?

1 Like

Lowsec is not useless, it has it’s own game mechanics and quite a lot of people like it.

There is also wormsec which all of you always forget about.

J-space is still “null security space” in terms of game mechanics, though.

I miss old missile names… Damn they were confusing for new players but beautiful.

2 Likes

Weren’t the warheads in the icons color-coded before Crucible?

Yep, red, blue, green and yellow depending on damage type.

Edit: totally my bad, should have read the post properly.

Yeah, they’re definitely color coded now, but I just can’t remember if they were color coded before the renaming or if you had to actually check the attributes tabs if you weren’t sure of the damage type

No it isn’t. It has vastly different mechanics than nullsec that lead to a completely different play stile than what sov and NPC nullsec has.

1 Like

wow your innocence is so cute,

That creates a massive detterent. So massive in fact, I feel high-sec is very safe.

Okay, and what are the relevant game mechanics that make it “not nullsec?”

Just like in nullsec, there’s no CONCORD, no gate guns, and no security status penalties. Just like in nullsec, you can use bubbles and bombs. The lack of local, the star effects and the wormhole mass limits are irrelevant to whether or not it’s “nullsec” which literally just means that the system’s security level is 0.0 or below.

You assume that CCP reads these forums :rofl:

1 Like

I like it. Except nullsec needs to be Tinky Winky. He’s the guy with handbag, right?

1 Like

I agree with the OP. To reduce confusion and align newer player expectations, we should drop the boring numeric system and instead adopt proper zone names with the same penchant for clear communication that EVE has traditionally had:

1.0 Mostly Safe Space
0.9 More or Less Mostly Safe Space
0.8 Less Safe Than You’d Like Space
0.7 Mostly Less Safe Space
0.6 Same Great Space, Less Killing!
0.5 Less Than Safe Space, Mostly
0.4 Best Left Alone Space
0.3 Lonely Beasts Mostly Left Space
0.2 This Space Reserved
0.1 This Is Not the Space You’re Looking For
0.0 and under: UnSpace, The Final Frontier…

1 Like

Not safe at all, that’s the whole point of the thread, revenge yes, safe, no.

1 Like